The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

WEB SCHOOL Software development help offered

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

cristi.duma

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jun 13, 2021
Spain
Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a while and I found a wealth of information. There is still a lot to read and I'm sure I'll discover more valuable info and awesome likeminded people.

I'd like to give something back. While I'm still far far away from having entrepreneurship experience, I do have some experience in software development. I've been in the field for nearly 15 years, worked on a bunch of start-ups, worked with clients and devs all over the world, been leading teams, projects and so on. The only thing I haven't done is my own product (but I guess that's why I'm here)

My top expertise is web development with ruby on rails on the backend and EmberJS on the frontend, but I've been playing with a lot of tech and I've been involved at different levels with the companies I worked with. I should able to offer an educated and honest opinion here and there on topics like what tech stack to choose, how to hire devs, how to handle devs and others.

I know there are plenty of software engineers on this forum already but I hope that I can add a little bit of value myself.

Happy Monday!

Conquerer

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 17, 2021
I've had a couple of ideas bouncing around in my head and wanted to talk about them from a coding standpoint, since I know almost nothing about programming.

The one idea that I desire most is having live GPS tracking on a package that I order online. I've looked it up online and see that there are disposable trackers that you can put in packages and track them live but I want to go a different direction.

I was thinking of somehow, coding a scanner device that when it scans the tracking number on your package, it will automatically attach your tracking number to a GPS either in the handheld scanner itself that stays with the truck/carrier at all times, or attaches it to a GPS on the truck.

This would add great value to everybody that is ordering packages online these days and wants to know exactly when the package will arrive so they can plan their day accordingly.

Obviously, I have posted this idea to the public at the risk of somebody stealing it and running but this is one of my first major fastlane ideas and I want to make sure I'm thinking with the correct mindset.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
For any web designers struggling to sell it is hardly ever about competition with other web...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom