The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Social Media Censorship = Huge Business Opportunity?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
With sites like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter censoring different parties for politically incorrect speech and what not, I think that there's a huge opportunity for a new social media platform to emerge to seize the opportunity.

What most people don't know is that trolling and dark humor was a major driver for social media, which attracted younger audiences. With YouTube, Facebook and Twitter's new "safe-space" policies, they're going to be less fun for the youth... which is going to lead to the decline of these platforms.

YouTube just announced that any videos that contain “Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown.” is going to be demonetized.

“Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language,” is also being demonetized.

With these incentives being removed, nobody's going to make hilarious videos anymore because they're walking on eggshells, which = less entertaining content = less viewers on the platform.

Remember, whenever there's 4 street corners and one has a baseball game, one has a basketball game, one has a hockey game and one has a fight... EVERYONE rushes over to the fight

I think these corporations forget that the youth were the ones that built these platforms... yet they're censoring them for older audiences. It doesn't make sense to me.

What do you guys think? Do you think there's more opportunity for another platform to emerge and take advantage of this huge market gap?

(Let's try and keep politics out of it so the thread doesn't get shut down)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What do you guys think?

Absolutely. There was a thread a few weeks ago about the same topic. (Can't find it.)

For instance I know Gab.ai was recently launched in direct response to Twitter's censorship activities. Not sure if it will grab any traction, especially with an "AI" domain but the opportunity is there. Large tech companies, including G00gle, are now actively engaged in censorship, vote rigging (Reddit) and search manipulation -- all of this behavior gives entrepreneurs a big opportunity and pisses a lot of people off.

yet they're censoring them for older audiences.

Sorry, they're not censoring for "older audiences", they're censoring for a political agenda.

Social Media Censorship = Huge Business Opportunity?

TLDR: Yes.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Absolutely. There was a thread a few weeks ago about the same topic. (Can't find it.)

For instance I know Gab.ai was recently launched in direct response to Twitter's censorship activities. Not sure if it will grab any traction, especially with an "AI" domain but the opportunity is there. Large tech companies, including G00gle, are now actively engaged in censorship, vote rigging (Reddit) and search manipulation -- all of this behavior gives entrepreneurs a big opportunity and pisses a lot of people off.

Sorry, they're not censoring for "older audiences", they're censoring for a political agenda.

TLDR: Yes.
Thanks for your insight, I just signed up for gab.ai. Another platform that I've been helping with marketing is http://alpha.muuver.com/. Can't say too much about it (under NDA), but they have a similar concept.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Now heard that periscope is dropping feeds/ no live notifications for people with a certain viewpoint too.

In short - massive opportunity. I expect a new big social media name to arise within a year.

avilux

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 8, 2016
I'm 100% all for it. Really, an endgoal of mine is to just have enough traffic on all the social media platforms to redirect them to my website where I'm able to post whatever I want. Anyone doesn't like it? Okay, that's their choice. They don't have to visit. I hate censorship to the very core. I'm quite excited for a new social media giant. Twitter's already dead.. It's gains have been very minimal over the past year and it's burning through cash fast. It's a sinking boat, with Instagram having surpassed it in monthly users long ago and even Snapchat's about to beat them. Facebook's certainly seen better days, and YouTube's going to take quite the hit once enough big channels are frustrated.

Green Destiny

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 19, 2016
We have a month now until the US hands over control of ICANN to the UN. Basically this means we'll have a censored Internet, as the only thing that allows free speech over the web at present is the protection of the 1st Amendment. We also just witnessed YouTube prevent undesirable videos from being monetised today.

I realise that this isn't a political forum but with our government's essentially given the power to shut down your websites and ban you from using an ISP, If you think there is going to be an opportunity for free speech platforms, you're kidding yourselves.

Also if you're in competition on the net against some of the governments corporate friends, how long before you're shut down for some BS reason?

Dark Days ahead.

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016
People are getting more and more upset. I'm kind of surprised Youtube hasn't censored bad opinions about them yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 5.22.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 5.22.31 AM.png
    372.9 KB · Views: 28

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content