The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SOCIAL INVESTMENT CLUB: from beautiful concept to the Wild West of it all!

Anything related to investing, including crypto
G

GuestUser241z

From a technical person's perspective, putting up a social investment club is a very beautiful dream. Pooling investment funds together and make money together.

However, without a lot of soft skills & marketing skills, it is proving to be a real heart ache.

I have people in my group who have promised investment interest and some few have already invested, but after that I just don't know how to keep their interest anymore.

I have identified my weaknesses in marketing & copy of course but I want to build this thing the organic way without going to the marketing professionals & copy writing professionals just yet as I am introducing this to my family & friends & friends of friends.

I need some insight and help from you who have built a successful tribe or online community.

Technical + Social is a hybrid so its giving me problems hybrid in nature lol.

I'm just stuck! Crying out for tribal help lol.

I would appreciate any comment as I know you people are very very imaginative & creative thinkers!

Thanks alot!

CLUB BLACK

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
First impression. Your website is not optimized for mobile at all. I couldn't read a word on your website. If it doesn't work on mobile, you lose half your business.

Some screen shots of how it looks on my phone.

IMG_6688.PNG IMG_6689.PNG

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
first impression when landing on your website

i don't know what the hell the website is all about

there is no headline or content saying to my brain indirectly :

" hey dear reader , you are on the right page for what you are looking for which is ...

we can do that for you , which is the biggest problem or desire you have in your life "

even after scrolling down, i don't really know what i am doing on the website.

so my advice :

your reader must know in 5 seconds what they are doing here and what you will do for them about their problem or desire

if they have to wonder what they are doing here, you won't go anywhere

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I'm sure that you rock at what you're doing, but your sales guy (your website) isn't pulling his weight.

Observations
  • The LimeLight font you're using is hard to read - Keep it clean with something like Open Sans so whatever device people are on they're going to be able to read it.
  • I can't read any of the text in the top section - automatically puts me off thinking that you know what you're doing
  • You have a sponsored ad between the first section and the second. This is off-putting. It makes me feel that trading might not be as profitable as I imagined as the website needs ad revenue
  • A lot of your page is made up of images (For example, the sections on Club Black British & Far East Traders, Co-Working Spaces, Joining and Who you are). Search engines can't read what the text is on these images so you're losing the opportunity on every single one of those to rank for anything and with co-working being a thriving business, that's a big loss, especially as you have the location breakdown.
  • The Membership section is too far down the page - I only scrolled down that far because I was analysing your page. If it was a visitor I'd have been gone the moment I saw the top of your page
  • The copy on the Membership section is all features and no real benefits (except the Business membership allowing use of offers). Everyone is short of time - why would they want to watch an hour or more of webinars a day? Sell them on the difference it will make to them. What will it make better for them?
  • Our FX Educational Support Services - Again too long. I don't want to have to feel like I have to work to figure out if this is for me or not.
It feels a lot like you're trying to throw everything on the website to answer all questions. This is the wrong move. It should be about sparking curiosity and getting people to contact you for more info.

Keep it simple, put together a simple lead magnet to get their email then slowly build trust that way through sharing tips that show your expertise.

6zo9cfC.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Koen_88

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 6, 2017
Netherlands
I cant read sentences on a 27" screen either.. So you'll have to work on some basic Graphic Design prinipcles and learn how to make a clear and visual pleasing frontpage with decent fonts etc.

I'm no expert at all but have learnt a few basics at a Udemy course: Graphic Design Masterclass: Learn Graphic Design in Projects (I'm not the instructor nor do I know him, just liked the course) I think you'll find a few eyeopeners there regarding design. The site looks just really amaturistic to me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.