The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So...you're saying entrepreneurs have to be rich???

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I think some of you may have read this article that stinks of bias and cowardice.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...AUx-TBzkalJWU4Z_6CJLRQ&bvm=bv.139782543,d.c2I

It was a very painful read, but in other words....this article seems to state that if you aren't rolling in the dough, the Fastlane is pretty much busted, let alone entrepreneurship.

Reappeared on my FB after the first time I read it...I feel that I should share this in order to show how the mainstream media cuts off the only thing that could ensure financial independence and control.
Pretty sickening article to read...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I'm not going to wait for my father to get rich anyways. So better than licking the wounds of not being rich, let's start working towards it day in, day out.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'm not going to wait for my father to get rich anyways. So better than licking the wounds of not being rich, let's start working towards it day in, day out.
Heh, I know right? :)

I have never seen an article this cold towards entrepreneurship..it is an insult to our efforts and to value-providers like MJ and other Fastlaners, let alone the great Steve Jobs, Branson and Bill Gates

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I wonder what MJ would think of it?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I think some of you may have read this article that stinks of bias and cowardice.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1ztL3g7_QAhWMv48KHQpaB1kQFggaMAA&url=http://qz.com/455109/entrepreneurs-dont-have-a-special-gene-for-risk-they-come-from-families-with-money/&usg=AFQjCNFMLdLOAUx-TBzkalJWU4Z_6CJLRQ&bvm=bv.139782543,d.c2I

It was a very painful read, but in other words....this article seems to state that if you aren't rolling in the dough, the Fastlane is pretty much busted, let alone entrepreneurship.

Reappeared on my FB after the first time I read it...I feel that I should share this in order to show how the mainstream media cuts off the only thing that could ensure financial independence and control.

Most "entrepreneurs" are broke.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
So you wasted time on reading a pointless article on some clickbaity millennial website and want us to do the same?

Maybe you should (re-)read his book on the topic? Obviously you didnt understand it.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Data from the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor show that [URL='http://www.gemconsortium.org/report' said:
more than 80% of funding[/URL] for new businesses comes from personal savings and friends and family.

HUGE difference between personal savings and money from family...

Personally, I've worked my a$$ off to get where I am and am using my own money to fund my business. I also paid for my college degree with scholarships and student loans.

Yeah, this article not only is insulting, but just plain lazy in their research.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

stop overthinking everything and overthinking how someone else thinks about this or that. Learn by F*cking doing. Only real world experience will teach you. Only by doing, the learning is valuable. Close 100 browser tabs reading 100s of articles, work on one project.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
That's an article for victims of society, written by victims of society.

and read by victims of society.

and then replied here by victims of society I guess. so I'm out of here :p

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I think it's a pathetic article probably written by a pathetic millennial who wants other pathetic millennials to buy into their pathetic little victimhood.

Probably written from a safe-space.

Note to millennials here: The fact the you are HERE means you are NOT pathetic and recognize the patheticness of what's happening to your age-group at the collegiate level. I give you props.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Guys, this is GREAT. We need MORE articles like these.

The more people that believe they don't have the privilege, the money, the safety net - the WHATEVER, the less competition we have.

One of us should start a disinformation campaign; perhaps a blog about all the failures of entrepreneurship.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Don't believe everything you read. Plenty of people make it. I believe M.J. stated he had $900 and built his website. I believe everyone has a different journey, and different people who help them get there. That kind of stuff I rarely read, because it is more of distraction. If you believed every article like that, you wouldn't ever take action, keep moving forward, and taking the risk. It encourages, self-limiting beliefs.
The way the world is right now, if you don't take risks, you might as go sit on the park bench with the homeless.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Guys, this is GREAT. We need MORE articles like these.

The more people that believe they don't have the privilege, the money, the safety net - the WHATEVER, the less competition we have.

One of us should start a disinformation campaign; perhaps a blog about all the failures of entrepreneurship.
There's no need.

People have been well trained to believe they aren't good enough to go it alone.

They have to do their absolute best before they hand in their papers to be marked. The thought of launching before it's perfect just doesn't compute.

Even if they went to a local enterprise sponsored "start your business course" they will be given a long list of action faking "needs" they have to check off before they can make their first sale. I know because I attended such workshops in the past.

If you've been a member of this forum for any length of time you'll see that the overriding problem people have is that they get in their own way and over-complicate things.

And that's the ones who've read the book, taken the red pill, and actually believe there's another way.

There's a lot of deprogramming before people "get" it.

I'd love it if more people took control of their steering wheel, but don't see it happening any time soon.

When you know how to listen, opportunity doesn't knock once but continuously like a drum-roll on your door.

There's so many opportunities out there that I don't think we'll ever have enough never mind too many bona-fide entrepreneurs.

So says my abundance mindset anyway...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
>But what often gets lost in these conversations is that the most common shared trait among entrepreneurs is access to financial capital family money, an inheritance, or a pedigree and connections that allow for access to financial stability.

Top kek. Thanks for the tip, Aimee Groth, millionaire CEO. How could I have succeeded if I didn't have my wealthy and well connected family? You know, the family (God love them all) that drove 20-year-old, 200,000+ mile station wagons my whole childhood.

>For creative professions, starting a new venture is the ultimate privilege. Many startup founders do not take a salary for some time. The average cost to launch a startup is around $30,000, according to the Kauffman Foundation. Data from the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor show that more than 80% of funding for new businesses comes from personal savings and friends and family.

Wow. 30K. 30 whole K. Wow. If only it was possible for someone to get that money without wealthy and established family connections. If only there was some way a person could possibly get 30K without being born into opulence. -Sigh- If only.

You don't need to. That disinformation campaign is already a multi-trillion-dollar industry, courtesy of the people who manage your pension and IRA and who try to sell you a 1% interest CD every time they cash your checks.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Most "entrepreneurs" are broke.

Event the richest ones 'are'. Apparently Elon Musk only gets paid $2000 from his companies even for that magnitude of his contributions.
I don't mind having a considerably low salary considered that when the big deals strike it big, I won't even need a salary...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Don't believe everything you read. Plenty of people make it. I believe M.J. stated he had $900 and built his website. I believe everyone has a different journey, and different people who help them get there. That kind of stuff I rarely read, because it is more of distraction. If you believed every article like that, you wouldn't ever take action, keep moving forward, and taking the risk. It encourages, self-limiting beliefs.
The way the world is right now, if you don't take risks, you might as go sit on the park bench with the homeless.

Or get a safe little job in a cubicle, I guess lol :)
Sigh, people just think that life is just a wild goose chase for riches or a bitter struggle for survival. Thus fear consumes the majority of the population to not take risks, let alone go Fastlane

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

>For creative professions, starting a new venture is the ultimate privilege. Many startup founders do not take a salary for some time. The average cost to launch a startup is around $30,000, according to the Kauffman Foundation. Data from the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor show that more than 80% of funding for new businesses comes from personal savings and friends and family.

Wow. 30K. 30 whole K. Wow. If only it was possible for someone to get that money without wealthy and established family connections. If only there was some way a person could possibly get 30K without being born into opulence. -Sigh- If only.

$30000 is quite a big chunk for a startup that hasn't gotten any sales yet. Newcomers with that big a sum of startup capital is more likely to lose it through wastage and error. I mean, when MJ's company got bought over in the dot-com boom, those idiots were having customised T-shirts and bottles...

Everybody is putting up all the 'cool' gizmos like business cards, magazine features and merchandise. What wastage! Is there even a need? Marketing, maybe, but there are ways to provide it for free and with more impact.

For example I put a youtube video on history so that people could understand history in a much more fun way. It consisted of SIMPLE WHITEBOARD DRAWINGS. I JUST posted the video, no promoting whatsoever, and guess what, I got 5000 views. Some videos just collect dust. If I had turned it into a form of continuous marketing tool, let's say shit will get real...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.