The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I'm trying to learn more about M& A + Roll Up Strategy

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
What do you think about people attempting a roll up strategy when they have to use other people's money, defer the fees with accountants/lawyers and buy businesses in an industry they may not have all the best experience in?

I'm aware of what can happen if things go right. But, what really happens if things don't go so well?

Can you be sued? Can the debt be bad enough to ruin one's chances of trying another roll up strategy?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Maka702

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 13, 2015
Werere
This sounds exactly like what Dan Pena is/was pushing on YouTube and his seminars. Now I am absolutely no expert in this.. But from what I could gather all the liabilities and obligations will fall onto the owners/partners of the merged company.

Now I've always heard that once your playing and paying with big money. Same as in real estate they look more at can the property and or business then the individual. That doesn't necessarily mean you can have float being apart of every failed Merger in this decade.

Mainly they want to know can it produce the needed income after expenses to payoff the debts. Now I would imagine something similar being deployed in the same set of circumstances regarding M&A you wouldn't go into the deal without and contingency plan.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.