The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I have an idea..

Idea threads

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I see. I've found a similar product on amazon. Not quite the same but it fills the same need. Kind of discouraging to find.

Actually that’s a good thing. It’s highly unlikely you’ll come up with something totally unique. If someone is already out there marketing something similar and you can see it’s getting sales then they have already validated it for you.

Time to crack on with your prototypes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WinYourself

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Aug 11, 2013
the prototype is probably something I can roughly make on my own but after that what steps do you take? I assume, patenting, then manufacturing, then distribution but how do you go about this?

Get sales and test demand before you do anything of this.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
A provisional patent is cheap enough but a full blown patent is another thing entirely. Usually not worth the costs unless you have something special.

I’d make some prototypes until I was happy then either get one 3D printed or get some realistic 3D images created. Grab a Google Ads voucher, make a quick sales page and see if you can sell some (you don’t need a payment processor, you just need to see if you can get people to hit an ‘add to cart button’).

That will verify if there is a need and whether people are prepared to part with their money. You can then decide what to do once you get some feedback.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
I found an idea that's fairly simple but I want to give it a shot and implement it. What steps do you take? the prototype is probably something I can roughly make on my own but after that what steps do you take? I assume, patenting, then manufacturing, then distribution but how do you go about this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
I see. I've found a similar product on amazon. Not quite the same but it fills the same need. Kind of discouraging to find. Was thinking of looking at negative reviews and changing what some people complained about. Thoughts?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.