The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Small town, Big dreams

CSRelentless

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 1, 2015
Where to begin.......Well I'm 21, and live in a small town in Alabama.(population=13,000). I work with my dad doing construction, I also have a small electronic repair business that I do out of my house. I currently started to dabble in importing, well actually I've been dabbling in a a lot of things, I have a problem of jumping from one idea to another, I overthink everything and look to far ahead before even getting started and I'll go to the next idea. I feel like I need to get away from here, it's a small town with small minds. Everybody here are all about saving for retirement, pretty much I feel like the little town I live in is as slow lane as it gets as far as the people. There is hardly any opportunity here and not much inspiration. I feel trapped in my little room, I live with my parents and I feel like I need to get away to spark my creativity.

I'm seriously considering selling both my vehicles, and getting a dependable car that is reliable and moving to Scottsdale. I've thought about contacting the cell phone shops there and trying to get a job repairing cell phones as I already do this, while trying to get my business ventures off the ground. This would be a huge move for me, I'll be by myself, no contacts, hardly anything to my name,but I'm willing to take the risk and move on to the next chapter of my life, my mom will be 60 soon, and I want her to have a better life with why time she has left, she grew up poor, had always worked and still does in a rug factory. She takes car of my sisters kids, and is paying for all the times my sister as been to jail, and I can tell the years are taking a toll on her. I don't want to leave my family but I'm willing to in order to find opportunity and give my parents the life they never had.

Anyways I'll quit blabbering, but wanted to thank MJ and all the members of this forum who take time out of their day to provide guidance and knowledge, I'll do an update and probably make a progress thread and provide details on if I take the huge leap of moving.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CSRelentless

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 1, 2015
Is there anyone that lives in Scottsdale on here that could give me a little info on the place. Would it be pretty easy to find a job? I need a drastic change in my life and while I have no debts and not tied down down to anything this would be the best time I feel. Anyone have a reason why Scottdale might not be the best place to move? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Is there anyone that lives in Scottsdale on here that could give me a little info on the place. Would it be pretty easy to find a job? I need a drastic change in my life and while I have no debts and not tied down down to anything this would be the best time I feel. Anyone have a reason why Scottdale might not be the best place to move? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

From my research it is one of the more expensive places to live in the Phoenix area. Keep in mind Phoenix a a very large metro, so I wouldn't necessarily limit yourself to only working in Scottsdale.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...