The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

slowlaner inbound, watch out!

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

-Brian-

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 19, 2017
Florida
Hey everyone, Brian here.

In the middle of reading Unscripted (can't put the book down), just about to start Chapter 31. I absolutely love the tone and wisdom in the book.

Almost 3 decades in the slowlane (it's all I've known). I've done a lot of different things, but mostly IT. I've pretty much taught myself everything I know and have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science because I figured out a way for someone else to pay for it. I read constantly and my motto is, if you aren't learning, you are dying (career wise anyway).

I've figured out ways to create value and solve problems for employers for decades. Currently exploring as much as I can about Entrepreneurship and ways to de-couple trading in time for money. After many employers, including four years at a successful startup, then joining another employer and now creating value for them, I'm starting to see how trading time for money doesn't scale. Looking to see how the value I create can be de-coupled over time; as time (and independence) are most important for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
Hey everyone, Brian here.

In the middle of reading Unscripted (can't put the book down), just about to start Chapter 31. I absolutely love the tone and wisdom in the book.

Almost 3 decades in the slowlane (it's all I've known). I've done a lot of different things, but mostly IT. I've pretty much taught myself everything I know and have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science because I figured out a way for someone else to pay for it. I read constantly and my motto is, if you aren't learning, you are dying (career wise anyway).

I've figured out ways to create value and solve problems for employers for decades. Currently exploring as much as I can about Entrepreneurship and ways to de-couple trading in time for money. After many employers, including four years at a successful startup, then joining another employer and now creating value for them, I'm starting to see how trading time for money doesn't scale. Looking to see how the value I create can be de-coupled over time; as time (and independence) are most important for me.

Hey man, be THANKFUL for the jobs you have held thus far and for the experience you have gained! It sounds like you have been able to basically get paid to learn, which is an awesome position. Now it's the time to leverage those slowlane skills into a fastlane business. Best of luck to you my friend and welcome to the forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...