The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SlowLane To Fast Lane in a week

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

NICKATNITE

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 24, 2013
I was moving all around the country up until few months ago. I was working as a software engineer down in Florida for a year when I realized . Ok that's it. I had enough. Packed up my stuff. Made a move to Manhattan,NY. Took me a day to drive. Found a temporary loft with 4 other people to live for few days at the last moment and in 4 days I found a slightly better place on craiglist.

Set up my passive income machine on first gear and now I am setting it to over drive . I don't care what's gonna happen. I am overclocking this to the max! I have hit a small mental block and I am not sure how to stratergize. My goal is to make a million by september of this year. I have no doubt I will make it. But until then should I stay at this same place or do you think I should move once I make about 2 to 3 grand a month? I love movies and I am originally from India. So my goal is to make movies in India and gain some leverage that way. There is a whole new " new generation" movies being created now in India and I have plans to monetize on them. Initially my plan was to wait till I hit the 1 million , then move to India. But now I am feeling like I should make the move asap. Then again I don't have the cash to make the move either. So what should I do ? Should I scratch my initial goal of making a mill in NY and set that on auto pilot , and make arrangements to move to India or should I stay in U.S till I make atleast about $10k-$20k/Month and then move to India?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

howandwhy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 20, 2011
I was moving all around the country up until few months ago. I was working as a software engineer down in Florida for a year when I realized . Ok that's it. I had enough. Packed up my stuff. Made a move to Manhattan,NY. Took me a day to drive. Found a temporary loft with 4 other people to live for few days at the last moment and in 4 days I found a slightly better place on craiglist.

Set up my passive income machine on first gear and now I am setting it to over drive . I don't care what's gonna happen. I am overclocking this to the max! I have hit a small mental block and I am not sure how to stratergize. My goal is to make a million by september of this year. I have no doubt I will make it. But until then should I stay at this same place or do you think I should move once I make about 2 to 3 grand a month? I love movies and I am originally from India. So my goal is to make movies in India and gain some leverage that way. There is a whole new " new generation" movies being created now in India and I have plans to monetize on them. Initially my plan was to wait till I hit the 1 million , then move to India. But now I am feeling like I should make the move asap. Then again I don't have the cash to make the move either. So what should I do ? Should I scratch my initial goal of making a mill in NY and set that on auto pilot , and make arrangements to move to India or should I stay in U.S till I make atleast about $10k-$20k/Month and then move to India?

1 million in 7 months? Have you made your first 1k from passive income? If not then stop day dreaming and start thinking how to make first 1k.
I do not want to sound rude but 1 million is not enough for your dream. You need to make more to get into movie industry. Heck even if you have several million dollars you will not able to enter into movie business unless you have a proper contact with right people. You sound like a teenage kid. Not a 30 year old.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
You should probably just worry about makeing a million dollars and not worry about moving to India.

If you want to make a million in 8 months you are gonna need 100% focus there.

Also 10k-20k a month? Shouldnt you be making that after month 2 at the latest?

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
One million dollars isn't that hard to make in 7 months... it's only about $142,857.14 a month (taxes not accounted for). For only $19.95 I will send you THE complete guide on how to become a lawn care millionaire! BUT WAIT... if you call now we'll also include seeds to plant your very own money tree (just pay $35.00 s+h).

In all seriousness, define a goal and work towards it. I myself am attempting to do the same and I can assure you that narrowing your focus while widening your support group (helpful friends, mentors, etc) is extremely helpful. Best of luck to you!

NICKATNITE

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 24, 2013
I think it is actually. I am talking about a specific part of India where you can produce a movie for about 300-350k and I happen to immigrate from this part about 10 years ago. My grandfather used to be a famous writer back in india and some of his novels have been made into movies. I am well versed with editing and visual effects software . I am also a musician . So I can get this done. You put down 300k, if it's a good movie with good songs and a great screenplay, you can get back around 1 mil-1.2( at the most) per movie. How's that a bad investment?

Whoever send me that youtube video, I feel sorry you feel that way. But I am not affected by your "put down's" So far I haven't gotten the answer I was looking for....

1 million in 7 months? Have you made your first 1k from passive income? If not then stop day dreaming and start thinking how to make first 1k.
I do not want to sound rude but 1 million is not enough for your dream. You need to make more to get into movie industry. Heck even if you have several million dollars you will not able to enter into movie business unless you have a proper contact with right people. You sound like a teenage kid. Not a 30 year old.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Not a put down, just an very funny scene from a great movie (take notes). I happen to be friends with the step son of the owner of a very large US based movie production company. He raised $500 million dollars and is now partnered with warner brothers. The company is currently valued at over 1 billion dollars. Point is, people are critical these days and expect only the best. Unless you have some sort of luck (blair witch project?) then I cannot see you making a movie for under million(s) of dollars. Just type in some good movies and then look at their respective budgets.

NICKATNITE

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 24, 2013
People have been critical all the time. If we look back before industrial age, we might not be able to point out specific incidents. But the growth of technology and globalization just magnifies it. Doesn't mean I am gonna back out of my goals bud. But thanks for the heads up . I know what you mean by "blair witch project". he was a genius. I know some short cuts that can get me to my goals faster than you think.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Only time will tell, bud.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I'm in currently residing in India making movies rather successfully. I actually have made $1,000,000 in the past 6 months.

If you took the time to use the search feature you'd know a little about the business I'm now selling. I'm not going to start a pissing contest with you.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Look at it this way, you are brand new to this forum with 4 posts.

You are a software engineer who just turned on his million dollar machine that is going to go from 0$ in revenue to 1 million in 7 months.

Outside of that you give no details other than while at the same time you are generating a million dollars from your money printing fastlane machine, you also want to move to India and start making movies after you are making 20k a month...

You really expect people to not question this?

What do you want as answer, someone to tell you, sure go move to India a month into your million dollar mission while you are making 20k a month, all the time I have no doubt your money making machine will scale up to 1 million dollars on autopilot.

Sorry for laughing out loud

NICKATNITE

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 24, 2013
I don't think you will be laughing out loud for long. But go ahead. lol . i just want you to know that I am not mad or angry at your comments. I thought this was a good forum with people willing to help and uplift. But instead this has turned out to be not what I was expecting. I won't be checking this thread again. bye

Look at it this way, you are brand new to this forum with 4 posts.

You are a software engineer who just turned on his million dollar machine that is going to go from 0$ in revenue to 1 million in 7 months.

Outside of that you give no details other than while at the same time you are generating a million dollars from your money printing fastlane machine, you also want to move to India and start making movies after you are making 20k a month...

You really expect people to not question this?

What do you want as answer, someone to tell you, sure go move to India a month into your million dollar mission while you are making 20k a month, all the time I have no doubt your money making machine will scale up to 1 million dollars on autopilot.

Sorry for laughing out loud

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I don't think you will be laughing out loud for long. But go ahead. lol . i just want you to know that I am not mad or angry at your comments. I thought this was a good forum with people willing to help and uplift. But instead this has turned out to be not what I was expecting. I won't be checking this thread again. bye

They are just not the way you approached it. Feel free to come back in seven months and rub it in my face how excellent you are, that is if you arent too busy producing your multi million dollar film in India.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Just got this in my PM box, figured someone could tell me what the hell this dude is talking about :confused:

Hey Mike,
You are a racist. And yet, your race is far beneath every other race except your skin is white. lol.
That's the only advantage you have. Remember that.

How am I racist? Where do you draw I am a racist from, how do you even know what race I am? And yet, your response itself warrants yourself as a racist...

I'm so lost :huh2:

NICKATNITE

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 24, 2013
lol, you are right. and you remind me of my abusive mother. You have done nothing wrong, eventhough your caption says "capitalist pig" you are still a "I did nothing to noone" believer. that's good.
one of my friends shot this movie. I remember one of the girls in it said her dad's name was mike. the one in blue top.
Sagar alias Jacky reloaded -Theme song - maxlabcinemas - YouTube Cute one.

Just got this in my PM box, figured someone could tell me what the hell this dude is talking about :confused:

How am I racist? Where do you draw I am a racist from, how do you even know what race I am? And yet, your response itself warrants yourself as a racist...

I'm so lost :huh2:

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
lol, you are right. and you remind me of my abusive mother. You have done nothing wrong, eventhough your caption says "capitalist pig" you are still a "I did nothing to noone" believer. that's good.
one of my friends shot this movie. I remember one of the girls in it said her dad's name was mike. the one in blue top.
Sagar alias Jacky reloaded -Theme song - maxlabcinemas - YouTube Cute one.

Dude? I feel like your not the easiest of individuals to hang out around? What the hell did you even mean by this post? Is being a capitalist wrong, you a commie :coco:? Your abusive mother, what the fvck?

Adios pal, Please pick on someone who actually warrants your miserable attitude, I'm done

:pop:

NICKATNITE

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 24, 2013
lol. you are such an angel Mike. Guys, this is what this guy send me in my inbox:

"You might want to get that 4 foot stick shoved up your a$$ looked at by a doctor, but I know you probably enjoy it."

Yea you are still a cute angel Mike.lol.
Stop acting. Oscars was yesterday night. And guess what? I am not interested in giving you an award.
Sorry..

Dude? I feel like your not the easiest of individuals to hang out around? What the hell did you even mean by this post? Is being a capitalist wrong, you a commie :coco:?

Adios pal, Please pick on someone who actually warrants your miserable attitude, I'm done

:pop:

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
lol. you are such an angel Mike. Guys, this is what this guy send me in my inbox:

"You might want to get that 4 foot stick shoved up your a$$ looked at by a doctor, but I know you probably enjoy it."

Yea you are still a cute angel Mike.lol.
Stop acting. Oscars was yesterday night. And guess what? I am not interested in giving you an award.
Sorry..

I'll post the entire conversation kid.... :bgh: One second

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
OK, everyone needs to take a breather here. Both sides have taken their shots and both have sent inappropriate PM's. Any more will result in the thread being locked.

NICKATNIGHT welcome to the fastlane. The problem here is many. We get lots of people that come on this forum and make huge predictions and proclamations with no plan. Then they disappear.

This is not a success forum. This is not Tony Robins forum. This is a business forum. Many of the responses you received were from a business point of view and were blunt, but accurate.

On this forum we do support people that are doing things, have plans, show some effort, etc. We also call BS when things don't ad up. We do this so that members will not waste their time doing things that don't help. We don't just nod and agree just because we are nice.

We do wish you well, we just want to see more than planning.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Mike... Let it go

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
nickatnite said:
hey mike,
you are a racist. :) and yet, your race is far beneath every other race except your skin is white. Lol.
That's the only advantage you have. Remember that.

mike39 said:
i am honestly not a racist at all, you don't know what race i am, where are you drawing these conclusions form? I have done nothing to offend you

nickatnite said:
haha i know sweetheart. You are an angel. Lol

mike39 said:
you might want to get that 4 foot stick shoved up your a$$ looked at by a doctor, but i know you probably enjoy it.
[/quote]

nickatnite said:
haha. What happened baby? I thought you were a cute little bitch. Seems like you are a little bit angry..
Are you angry sweetie? You want us to nuke you ? Now that we all got nukes, i guess we are all on a level playing field. Bitch! Lol. You know what makes me sad. That you are not smiling anymore. Go suck a gekko dick bitch! But hey remember, i still love you!

NICKATNITE

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 24, 2013
Thanks Ranum. Learn from this gentleman Mike. and please give me back my last 10 minutes!!!

OK, everyone needs to take a breather here. Both sides have taken their shots and both have sent inappropriate PM's. Any more will result in the thread being locked.

NICKATNIGHT welcome to the fastlane. The problem here is many. We get lots of people that come on this forum and make huge predictions and proclamations with no plan. Then they disappear.

This is not a success forum. This is not Tony Robins forum. This is a business forum. Many of the responses you received were from a business point of view and were blunt, but accurate.

On this forum we do support people that are doing things, have plans, show some effort, etc. We also call BS when things don't ad up. We do this so that members will not waste their time doing things that don't help. We don't just nod and agree just because we are nice.

We do wish you well, we just want to see more than planning.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Mike... Let it go

No worries, I am done with him. Please lock, delete this thread, and ban him Vig, this is ridiculous.

Just a troll.

:locked:

(Edit: If mods are not going to delete this thread, please feel free to delete my posts on this thread. I have no intention of posting anything on threads such as these anymore)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.