The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Skeptic here to see what this community is about

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
First you will need to figure out what marketplace you believe can be offered something.

This can be gauged from your personal experiences in life with a product or service, or problems you have seen that can be solved/improved.

An example being, I'm a snowboarder & skateboarder, problems I've had are goggles fogging up (someone invented a goggle with heated insides) Or my shoes constantly ripping up when I skate. From there after realizing a pain point you can try to tackle and solve that > have a product/service > market it > sell it to the masses.

Chances are the very first business you start will totally suck and thats A-OK & encouraged, failing is not uncommon aswell. The important part is learning WHY you suck and WHY you failed and go from there.

IMO for a starting entrepreneur would be to have a basic business up and running and learn the ins and outs. Its not necessary to re-invent the wheel, just to make it a little....bit...better.

What are some pain points in your life with a product or service? Maybe start there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redeye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 19, 2018
Most online communities come off as spammy, but TFL didn't give me that vibe at all, so I'm here to see what you all have to offer.

I haven't read either book yet (both are ordered), but I keep seeing references to the books and advice on this site in interviews of successful entrepreneurs.

In all honesty, I don't want to be a megamillionaire or a CEO of a giant company. I think free time and creative time are equally as important as the productive time that pays bills. I want to learn how to build a smart company that brings value to customers and frees up my time to explore new interests. And from what I've seen briefly browsing some threads, this community seems open to helping people achieve their goals.

I look forward to talking with yall!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redeye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 19, 2018
I was reading an article on Forbes and the guy mentioned it, not sure of his name. What I liked was that it wasn't a giant CEO; he was an average guy running a very lean business that made him a lot of money with minimal headaches.

I've always had a creative bug that I've never quite known how to express, but I'm looking forward to practicing it in the business world. I have a few ideas that I have no clue what to do with.

Do you have any advice on doing market research? It seems like a big term with ill-defined means of executing. Is it scoping the competition? Pricing product? Every article I've read on building a business emphasizes research, but I'm not sure where to start.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Hi and welcome to the forum. Which entrepreneurs recommended the books? Im always curious on where the books are reaching to. I’ve read them multiple times and I always find something new that I may have overlooked or not fully understood.

I’ve been switching to the fast lane for a little over a year now. Either way I will give you some input. Other than reading the books, I recommend solving a problem in those creative spaces. Do some market research and find out what people in those niches need.

Im in the entertainment and marketing business. Sometimes creativity is most of what I do. Start a business that incorporates those things if possible. Otherwise, do what pays well so you have the time to do what’s most fulfilling to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...