The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Site/app where you can empty your wardrobe and clothes and sell/donate them

Idea threads

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Hello guys, I'm here again after some ideas that don’t work and don’t add value in society.
Basically this thought blow up because where I live in my house I've a plenty
of old clothes from me and my brother that occupy a lot
of space. I think I'm not the only one, at least somebody
could relate me when you open your wardrobe and
70/80% is full of useless things that you don't use from
Second World War. If I put these things on vinted or
wallapop I don't think I have so many opportunities to sell
them because all the stuff I sold on vinted were
branded stuff and I will finish to post them when SpaceX will
transform Mars into a new earth. So I've think about a
website ( or app ) where you can put a lot of t shirts/
pullover/jeansecc…. (obviously only clothes or shoes
too) where you can sell them in a lot and you can chose
to shipping to the customer who bought that or
shipping to churches/human organisations or people
who need that type of stuff because they're in
difficulty. I've also think about the fact that if you
shipping the clothes to charity you can be paid ( not a
lot like a job) or you can have a discount price on the
next purchase. Remember that's just an idea and I
don't have a marketing/business plan What do you
think? Will you use this or you think it's useless? What
kind of improvements do you add? Thanks for reading
Great idea! I have seen this idea executed a couple of times, but I think it can work.

• There is a site called grailed that is like eBay but for designer fashion.
  • There is another site called Depop that allow you to create a mini shopify store to sell clothing.
  • On Dragon's Den UK there was a pitch for a charity based online thrift shop.
  • ThredUP offers 'thrift as a service'

I think this is a good idea. Inflation and expensive streetwear could push customer demand to the used market. I think maybe add the charity aspect after you are making money. Confirm customer demand and the model works first, then you can add a social entrepreneurship / charitable element.

Maybe test this idea on university campuses. What is your target customer profile?

Asap_Luca

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 31, 2022
Hello guys, I'm here again after some ideas that don’t work and don’t add value in society.
Basically this thought blow up because where I live in my house I've a plenty
of old clothes from me and my brother that occupy a lot
of space. I think I'm not the only one, at least somebody
could relate me when you open your wardrobe and
70/80% is full of useless things that you don't use from
Second World War. If I put these things on vinted or
wallapop I don't think I have so many opportunities to sell
them because all the stuff I sold on vinted were
branded stuff and I will finish to post them when SpaceX will
transform Mars into a new earth. So I've think about a
website ( or app ) where you can put a lot of t shirts/
pullover/jeansecc…. (obviously only clothes or shoes
too) where you can sell them in a lot and you can chose
to shipping to the customer who bought that or
shipping to churches/human organisations or people
who need that type of stuff because they're in
difficulty. I've also think about the fact that if you
shipping the clothes to charity you can be paid ( not a
lot like a job) or you can have a discount price on the
next purchase. Remember that's just an idea and I
don't have a marketing/business plan What do you
think? Will you use this or you think it's useless? What
kind of improvements do you add? Thanks for reading

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Feb 11, 2019
"70/80% is full of useless things that you don't use from Second World War."

Collect your garbage in a pile, pour some gasoline over it, and burn it. Alternatively, if there is something not useless, donate it to a charity. However, keep in mind that charities are not places where you dispose of your garbage for free, they won't take a pile of old shit just because it's free.

Overall, unless you have branded or vintage clothes in great condition, donate or throw them in the garbage. No one needs your old shit, especially, if it's not free.

There are numerous online thrift stores like Depop already. The concept as such could work but not with a vision (or lack) like yours. Go niche - branded 80/90s hip hop style clothing. Victorian high-fashion. Whatever, but not useless junk that's rotting in a basement.

Asap_Luca

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 31, 2022
"70/80% is full of useless things that you don't use from Second World War."

Collect your garbage in a pile, pour some gasoline over it, and burn it. Alternatively, if there is something not useless, donate it to a charity. However, keep in mind that charities are not places where you dispose of your garbage for free, they won't take a pile of old shit just because it's free.

Overall, unless you have branded or vintage clothes in great condition, donate or throw them in the garbage. No one needs your old shit, especially, if it's not free.

There are numerous online thrift stores like Depop already. The concept as such could work but not with a vision (or lack) like yours. Go niche - branded 80/90s hip hop style clothing. Victorian high-fashion. Whatever, but not useless junk that's rotting in a basement.
I think you misunderstood some things, I never said that the clothes are “garbage shit”, they just are old, this don’t mean that they’re useless. Why would I burn them when somebody could use it for a very little small price? The most of them are in perfect condition, I am the first that never sold things that are garbage, and when you pay for a lot the price is 5€ circa couldn’t be so bad for people who can’t spend too much money for their clothes

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Feb 11, 2019
I think you misunderstood some things, I never said that the clothes are “garbage shit”, they just are old, this don’t mean that they’re useless. Why would I burn them when somebody could use it for a very little small price? The most of them are in perfect condition, I am the first that never sold things that are garbage, and when you pay for a lot the price is 5€ circa couldn’t be so bad for people who can’t spend too much money for their clothes
That's why I quoted you - useless things from WW2 are basically garbage shit. Now, I am not trying to discourage you but to help you define your vision. Random clothes that people don't need won't build a sustainable, profitable business, you need something more specific. Vintage sports merchandise, thrifted high fashion, something that resonates with a group of people (so you can define, reach, and build an audience/customer base).

I don't know where you're from but as far as I've seen every country, every city has thrift shops. These clothes have passed basic quality checks, are somewhat clean, and cost a few bucks per piece. No way you could collect, package, market, sell and ship clothes for the same price unless you have superior products.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.