The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sink or Swim Entrepreneurship

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I have decided to go full blown 100% in! No more standing around and dipping my foot in the shallow end. No more few hours on the side every week dabbling here and there with half ideas. I have committed to the belief that I can really make this happen and have now taken massive action to make that a reality.

Over the last month:

- Abandoned my original comfy plan of snowboarding all winter in Canada while maybe doing a few hours of work a day online
- Shut down my oil business (really a time dependent job), given my rental notice, selling my truck, sold all my non essential possessions and prepared all the items I will need
- Ended all contracts, paid off all bills and removed all ties to anything that will hold me back
- Removed all debt and saved as much as possible (took a second job and am working as many hours as possible before I leave)
- Bought a one way plane ticket to a cheaper country (South America) where I already have a solid network of like minded entrepreneurs (5+ guys who work online, two of which are self made multimillionaires)
- Booked a basic but yet productive apartment for only $160 a month including bills
- Made sure it is not close to any nightclubs or bars and that it is close to a library, gym and supermarket
- Budgeted an amount to give me one year of focused work without having zero income
- That being made using the SinisterLex threads on freelancing I aim to be cash flow positive within a month
- Committed to a LOT of hard work, patience and focusing on creating VALUE and solving PROBLEMS
- Avoiding quick schemes, selfish needs and 'doing what I love' instead of what the market demands
- Accept I will have to start at the bottom and grind my way through the process of learning without any shortcuts

- Found someone to look after my plant that I have grown quite fond of!

This will be quite the challenge but I can no longer accept anything from myself but continual movement towards what I want in life. To say the FLM book and this forum has been life changing is a huge understatement. There are so many people here who have left both big and small comments all over this forum that have really helped me commit to this plan. Thanks to all of you. I hope someday I can return the favor in someway.

What is left from a full apartment of possessions...

Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 7.38.19 PM.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Thats exciting!

I like how you kept so many pens....

Good luck and speed on your journey!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I bet that feels good was all I could think when I saw this picture. Can you post up close photo of your book list? Just curious

It feels amazing. I am not as nervous as I thought I would be. More excited and ready to get going.
I still have another two weeks to prepare but I am nearly ready now if I wanted to go earlier. Only a few small things left to organize.

The books are (and it was tough narrowing down from over a 100) ...

Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 9.12.32 PM.png

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
It feels amazing. I am not as nervous as I thought I would be. More excited and ready to get going.
I still have another two weeks to prepare but I am nearly ready now if I wanted to go earlier. Only a few small things left to organize.

View attachment 11126
i got most of those books on pdf and audiobooks good job!! it seems like you're preparing for an hurricane lol.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California

View attachment 11126
@Fox incredible stuff, man. Inspiring. BTW, which of those books (besides TMF ) do you think had the biggest impact?

Omni

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 18, 2014
Way to burn the ships! Not sure how long before you fly out, but if it's more than a few weeks, spend some time regularly chipping away at what you're looking to build.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Congrats :)

Did the same thing with getting rid of material crap I don't need as well awhile back so I wasn't tied down anywhere. Laptop, phone, clothes. All you need ;)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This sounds pretty serious!
Thanks!

Thats exciting!

I like how you kept so many pens....

Good luck and speed on your journey!

Thank you.
Yes I have a comical amount of pens, those two little white boxes are also filled with pens!

@Fox incredible stuff, man. Inspiring. BTW, which of those books (besides TMF ) do you think had the biggest impact?

- The Millionaire Fastlane
- 177 Mental Secrets of the World Class (has a ridiculous title but this is a great book for reading a page every morning)
- The Alchemist (read a dozen times - very applicable to entrepreneurship and life in general)

Way to burn the ships! Not sure how long before you fly out, but if it's more than a few weeks, spend some time regularly chipping away at what you're looking to build.

Yes I have been studying SinisterLexs threads in fine detail. I plan on using his approach for the first year to have a steady base income. As I gain the skills and have a reliable online income I will start to work on my side projects. Because its a burn bridges approach I have to be careful to always be cash flow positive and not run low on funds.

what is the standard of living like where you plan to move?

Very good, I am moving to Bogota, Colombia and staying in the North of the city. You have to be aware and avoid certain scenarios but in general it is safe. I have been here before and loved the city. Lots of opportunity and ambitious, intelligent people.

Congrats :)

Did the same thing with getting rid of material crap I don't need as well awhile back so I wasn't tied down anywhere. Laptop, phone, clothes. All you need ;)

Its a great feeling and a powerful lesson. You can't bring any of this stuff with you when it all ends and my dreams are worth a lot more to me then a 48' LCD monitor. I want to try keep my possessions down to two suitcases in the future, it keeps you focused and motivated.

i got most of those books on pdf and audiobooks good job!! it seems like you're preparing for an hurricane lol.

Yes I might have to start using Audiobooks myself. I love having physical books but I don't want to have to leave them all behind everytime I move. Ha yes hurricane planning is in effect - take only what you need!

John Robert

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Mar 19, 2014
Thats awesome man! Colombia is fantastic! I didnt go to bogota, but i did stay in medellin and there was a refreshing expat community there with a lot of internet entrepreneurs. Very cool stuff man! This is how a truly EXCEPTIONAL life starts!

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014

View attachment 11126

Unlimited Power by tony robbins was the first book about entrepreneurship I ever read.
Looking back, I wonder how it ended up in my high schools library in the first place.
Led me to TMF so not complaining;)

xavi22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Jun 6, 2014
Before taking your leap of faith, write down your goals "a la Napoleon Hill". I see his book in your book stack. Remember steps 3 through 6 on how accomplish goals and make a tone of money? These things work, even Bruce Lee had his personal manifesto that he recited on a daily basis until he accomplished what he eventually accomplished.

bruce%20lee%20manifesto_zpszwugoth4.jpg

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I will be honest - part of me doesn't know if I am completely insane. The other 99% is very excited to get going.

At this stage I have everything grouped together and I was even weighing things today to plan my bags. I don't want to be over on weight so I will probably have to carry most of the books on the plane with me. Insurance is booked, flights are booked, an apartment with a little bed, kitchen and shower is booked. Can't wait!

If anyone is in the Bogota area over the next while let me know!

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
I will be honest - part of me doesn't know if I am completely insane. The other 99% is very excited to get going.

At this stage I have everything grouped together and I was even weighing things today to plan my bags. I don't want to be over on weight so I will probably have to carry most of the books on the plane with me. Insurance is booked, flights are booked, an apartment with a little bed, kitchen and shower is booked. Can't wait!

If anyone is in the Bogota area over the next while let me know!

This is honestly the type of thing I dream of. Taking everything I own, moving away, and putting all of my effort into a business/idea/project. I think it would super invigorating. You should blog about it! :) Can I ask what your specific goals you are trying to achieve while your there? What type of business are you going to start? Do you have an income goal?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This is honestly the type of thing I dream of. Taking everything I own, moving away, and putting all of my effort into a business/idea/project. I think it would super invigorating. You should blog about it! :) Can I ask what your specific goals you are trying to achieve while your there? What type of business are you going to start? Do you have an income goal?

First year goals are
-have a solid online skill that I can make consistent money from
-build a YouTube channel with great content and a strong following (not for profit)
-design and launch one product that helps solve some major problem from this group or from my work online
-get a pet pig
-mediate daily and gym 4 times a week
-learn conversational Spanish

Income goals would are to get up to $75 an hour as a freelancer and have my product do $250,000 in sales

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I really need to put a full update on here soon but here is a quick version:

- now coding at $50+ an hour

-multiple website projects on the go. Working with some great clients and everyone has been very happy.

-App template about to release soon. Expecting good returns on this

-Setting up a website for a local company that I will take a percentage of every sale that goes through the site. Potential to have up to $1000 a month with very little work required. My web skills are starting to come together and I am really able to help smaller business grow substantially.

-Bigger Fastlane Project in the works. Have isolated a very good niche that is completely under served. Average sale is between $500-3500. Will be moving on this soon once I stabilize my base income.

Lots of challenges and hard days too. I will update in full soon.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California

-multiple website projects on the go. Working with some great clients and everyone has been very happy.

-Setting up a website for a local company that I will take a percentage of every sale that goes through the site. Potential to have up to $1000 a month with very little work required. My web skills are starting to come together and I am really able to help smaller business grow substantially.

-Bigger Fastlane Project in the works. Have isolated a very good niche that is completely under served. Average sale is between $500-3500. Will be moving on this soon once I stabilize my base income.

Great thread, man. Excited to see your progress.

I've been thinking about (horrible, I know) providing service, too. I'm interested in hearing more about your journey. Did you have prior experience in coding/web design? Are you doing WP design? Etc.

Keep up the amazing work!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Keep going man, you're on your way :)

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
First year goals are
-have a solid online skill that I can make consistent money from
-build a YouTube channel with great content and a strong following (not for profit)
-design and launch one product that helps solve some major problem from this group or from my work online
-get a pet pig
-mediate daily and gym 4 times a week
-learn conversational Spanish

Income goals would are to get up to $75 an hour as a freelancer and have my product do $250,000 in sales
Espanol es muy facil aprender.
Immersion is the biggest key to learning a new language- but you also need a strong foundation. Duolingo is really good, and from there just move into spanishdict.com and studyspanish.com
You're definitely going to need those condoms, latinas are ridiculous. Have fun dude.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
P.S you are pretty much living my dream right now, so please give us a full update soon!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.