The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Simple question - where can i upload my ebook ??

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
hey guys,

i plan on writing a how-to ebook, and i'm thinkin of putting the ebook on a website so ppl can buy it from the website

are there any websites that allow you to do this?? cause i have ZERO website making experience

basically, where can i upload my ebook that allows ppl to purchase it? -- i only know there's facebook

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

UncommonWay

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
May 9, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
hey guys,

i plan on writing a how-to ebook, and i'm thinkin of putting the ebook on a website so ppl can buy it from the website

are there any websites that allow you to do this?? cause i have ZERO website making experience

basically, where can i upload my ebook that allows ppl to purchase it? -- i only know there's facebook

I sell several downloadable products on a couple websites via Clickbank. It was not the easiest thing for me to learn how to do, but I saw many other authors doing that, so I did it. Here are the pros / cons of using Clickbank:

Pros:
1) Instant access to a network of affiliates who might help you sell your ebook
2) They take care of billing, sales tax, and refunds, and cut you a check every week for what you sold.
3) Runs by itself (pretty much) once you set up the system

Cons:
1) You must have your own website or other hosting. Probably need to be able to do some basic website programming.
2) It's a bit difficult to understand the Clickbank sales process at first (at least it was for me)
3) There's a $50 fee to get set up with your first product (though you don't have to do that for every product - there are ways to work around it)

So, if that's too much for you right now, I have another suggestion: E-Junkie.com

From what I've read, and not from personal experience, E-Junkie will take care of the billing and hosting of your ebook. So, all you have to do is get potential buyers to click on an order link, and E-Junkie takes care of the rest.

Pros:
1) You can have your website on a free host, like Blogger - no need for paid hosting (at first)
2) You can use your E-Junkie order links anywhere, not just on your website.
3) It has some decent security features to prevent illegal downloads of your ebook.

Cons:
1) As with many things, there is a fee to use this service. You will pay the fee whether you sell a lot or none at all.

Can't see a lot of downside here. It seems to be cheap and easy to use.

I am not an affiliate of E-Junkie and don't make anything if you use it. I have never used their service, so do your due diligence. You can find them at E-Junkie.com.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
This is an interesting thread so far. Looking forward to seeing what others have to say.

ItsAllMental

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
May 22, 2011
I second Clickbank and e-junkie.

If creating a website is a problem, you can always use wordpress and modify a free template.

If you have some extra money you can just hire someone on elance or odesk to design a professional template and code it in html/css for you. I dont think static html/css pages will cost you much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.