The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Simple introduction

Jmac2126

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 17, 2020
WY
Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Joe. I travel a lot for work and ended up listening to Fastlane in audio book format. He did a great job reading his own book. A lot of the time when the Author reads the book I have a hard time listening to it. After listening, I decided to purchase the book as I like to take notes and highlight stuff. Pretty difficult to highlight an audio book.
I have always had my hand in different things, and for sure need to focus on one thing to completion instead of having 20 things going on at once.
One of the things that really stuck with me from the book is the cost of time. We as humans fail at this horribly. We are very limited on time, yet we will stand in line for a free chicken sandwhich. I do not exactly remember his wording in the book, but you get my point.

Anyways, I will do my best to contribute and definitely have a lot of questions. Looking forward to building some relationships and improving myself and hopefully helping some others.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Welcome! If you plan to listen to Unscripted as well, it wasn't read by MJ himself but the narrator is great.
I have always had my hand in different things, and for sure need to focus on one thing to completion instead of having 20 things going on at once.
This is big issue of mine as well, and the benefits of having focus has been a big takeaway from this forum and the books. I'm working to close most of my existing open projects so I can focus on a single venture.

What are your areas of interest?

Jmac2126

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 17, 2020
WY
Welcome! If you plan to listen to Unscripted as well, it wasn't read by MJ himself but the narrator is great.

This is big issue of mine as well, and the benefits of having focus has been a big takeaway from this forum and the books. I'm working to close most of my existing open projects so I can focus on a single venture.

I actually purchased Unscripted and just read it outright. With informational books, I tend to get much more from reading (multiple times) than I do listening. Saved time and just bought the book.

Areas of interest are vast.
- I day trade. Everyday that the market is open, I am in something.
- My wife and I run a couple of websites that sell our products. We do alright with it, but the volume is not there. They were started before I read the book and I can honestly say we break quite a few of the rules. Effect millions and you can make millions does not apply to our business model and if we were to get a million orders we would not be able to fill them. That being said, I am working on it.
- We also have a couple rental properties, that we have had for 7 and 10 years, which I love having, but see that is not the fastlane at all.
- Lastly, I am currently working on getting a patent for a product that I believe could follow most of the rules and do very well.

Joe

CDM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 17, 2013
Welcome aboard.

I travel for work too (well, I used to, before the apocalypse).

May I ask what you do?

I’ve actually found the travel was an excellent opportunity to grind at my business. time in airports, on planes, and in hotels with nothing to do was always put to good use.

I also always like getting paid to stay in nice hotels, eat good food, and see new places.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jmac2126

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 17, 2020
WY
Welcome aboard.

I travel for work too (well, I used to, before the apocalypse).

May I ask what you do?

I’ve actually found the travel was an excellent opportunity to grind at my business. time in airports, on planes, and in hotels with nothing to do was always put to good use.

I also always like getting paid to stay in nice hotels, eat good food, and see new places.
I work in the oilfield. So I get to work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and travel all over the USA. Never have left the country.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I actually purchased Unscripted and just read it outright. With informational books, I tend to get much more from reading (multiple times) than I do listening. Saved time and just bought the book.

Areas of interest are vast.
- I day trade. Everyday that the market is open, I am in something.
- My wife and I run a couple of websites that sell our products. We do alright with it, but the volume is not there. They were started before I read the book and I can honestly say we break quite a few of the rules. Effect millions and you can make millions does not apply to our business model and if we were to get a million orders we would not be able to fill them. That being said, I am working on it.
- We also have a couple rental properties, that we have had for 7 and 10 years, which I love having, but see that is not the fastlane at all.
- Lastly, I am currently working on getting a patent for a product that I believe could follow most of the rules and do very well.

Joe
Sounds like you have a good start! Perhaps there are process changes that you could apply to your current business that could help it scale. I've been binge listening to @Kak's podcast and this episode touches on how just building a solid plan for scaling ahead of time can result in you being able to naturally seek larger orders.

Personally I work full-time as an embedded electronics and firmware developer and I love the field. I am working on a prototype for my first hardware product that I plan to independently bring to market and hope to build into a business of my own. However I worry that my business opportunity radar is still focused too much on hardware. I'm trying to develop the ability to spot opportunities that may not require a hardware solution as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...