The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Side hustle idea

Idea threads

Primer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Aug 3, 2018
Cheers - I am going to put it out there and see what happens. It will take me a very small amount of time and could potentially make me a few dollars per month. As part of the bigger picture it’s worth a shot I think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
I’m busy working on my actual business but I was thinking this as a side hustle...

Is $3 worth a distraction from your actual business? How many copies do you need to sell to make it worth your time? 100? 1000?

I’ve never seen a blog or guide actually give out the code to handle stripes webhooks.

Why not make it a website then? A freemium model could work well here; create a kick-a$$ free guide, and:
  1. search engines will love you (free visitors)
  2. make it super easy for people to share your site with others (social media)
  3. it's easier to update than an e-book (future Laravel versions, API changes, ...)
  4. it's easy to expand to other frameworks/gateways in the future (give the website a broad enough name)
  5. place ads (don't overdo it)
  6. at the end of the tutorial ask for a small donation (paypal, credit card, BTC, ETH, amazon wish list, ...) and a link to your website
  7. even though the guide is free (stretched over several pages), make a convenient "Download this entire guide in PDF + source code" for only $2.95 (test the price)
  8. ask people for their email (don't require it) and you have a database of business owners/webmasters for your future newsletter
  9. think of plugins (automation, convenience) you can up-sell down the road
  10. give people a chance to hire you to help them set up everything, debug and extra stuff

You won't get rich doing this, but it could be more profitable in the long run than a paid PDF and, more importantly, it could help establish authority and land you customers for your other business(es).

Primer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Aug 3, 2018
I’m busy working on my actual business but I was thinking this as a side hustle...

I’ve implemented Stripe a dozen times now as part of my day job, as freelance, and for my own projects.

I was thinking of writing an e-book or pdf with a guide as to how to do this in laravel (my framework of choice). But more than the usual how-to I will include the code for my models and controllers so that you can basically copy and paste and you’re good to go. I’ve never seen a blog or guide actually give out the code to handle stripes webhooks.

I would sell it for something nominal like $3 - do you think this type is type of hustle could work?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Aug 3, 2018
Is $3 worth a distraction from your actual business? How many copies do you need to sell to make it worth your time? 100? 1000?

Why not make it a website then? A freemium model could work well here; create a kick-a$$ free guide, and:
  1. search engines will love you (free visitors)
  2. make it super easy for people to share your site with others (social media)
  3. it's easier to update than an e-book (future Laravel versions, API changes, ...)
  4. it's easy to expand to other frameworks/gateways in the future (give the website a broad enough name)
  5. place ads (don't overdo it)
  6. at the end of the tutorial ask for a small donation (paypal, credit card, BTC, ETH, amazon wish list, ...) and a link to your website
  7. even though the guide is free (stretched over several pages), make a convenient "Download this entire guide in PDF + source code" for only $2.95 (test the price)
  8. ask people for their email (don't require it) and you have a database of business owners/webmasters for your future newsletter
  9. think of plugins (automation, convenience) you can up-sell down the road
  10. give people a chance to hire you to help them set up everything, debug and extra stuff

You won't get rich doing this, but it could be more profitable in the long run than a paid PDF and, more importantly, it could help establish authority and land you customers for your other business(es).

This is great advice, however for now I'm gonna stick with the original plan. It is/was just supposed to be a simple one night project that might get me some long tail cash. Your idea is awesome but that really would detract from my main project. Thanks for replying!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.