The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Show us your mug!

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
I am not breaking any traffic laws or anything of that sort. I need the tinted windows because I have slight social anxiety and distracts me while driving, a lot of people tend to look inside the car - that is why. I'm proud to say I have never been involved in overspeeding or any other traffic violations, nor have I had any accident so far. What is the perceived lack of class you're referring to? I can't seem to understand.

If my country is blighted by such poverty it certainly does not have anything to do with how I drive a Bentley and how that contributes to its poverty. I pay my taxes, donate as much as I can and I am a law abiding citizen just like anyone else. And mind you this Bentley was bought as a business asset, to be used for a luxury car rental business - it would have been just sitting there and collecting dust because it wasn't making a profit, would that have been a better option?

As long as you provide value to the society, you are entitled to as much luxury as you want. Give and take. Why object to that?
Like I said, I am not objecting to luxury.

What I object to is your seeming arrogance and attitude that you are above the law. You "do pretty much whatever you like" and smoking marijuana, while the police turn a blind eye to it because you are driving a Bentley. Do you think there is a reason why you have never been given a ticket, perhaps because you are driving that Bentley? Do you think that there is a reason why marijuana is a controlled substance?

Maybe you are too naive to realise it but this sort of corruption from the authorities is what is bleeding India and damaging its growth. Of course it happens in all countries, but the problem in India is particularly profound, and you are playing an active part in it. You are contributing to it and damaging society. So don't use the fact that you give to charity to hide that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SameerElvis

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Feb 7, 2013
Aligarh, India
Smoking marijuana is a personal choice and I don't see nothing wrong in that. Alcohol is a worse drug. Nobody has overdosed or gone nuts on marijuana, it does not make you lose control and it just broadens your mind. It may be a controlled substance over there but legal in many parts of India, also used widely for spiritual purposes.

I agree about the police being corrupt and lax with the rich, that certainly is a problem. They will certainly give me a ticket and a hefty one for any traffic violations, me saying they are lax only means they don't object to parking or don't tow away my vehicle, thats about it. I dont see myself as being above the law or contributing to corruption. At the end of the day it is just a set of wheels I use for transport.

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
Smoking marijuana is a personal choice and I don't see nothing wrong in that. Alcohol is a worse drug. Nobody has overdosed or gone nuts on marijuana, it does not make you lose control and it just broadens your mind.

I agree about the police being corrupt and lax with the rich, that certainly is a problem. They will certainly give me a ticket and a hefty one for any traffic violations, me saying they are lax only means they don't object to parking or don't tow away my vehicle, thats about it. I dont see myself as being above the law or contributing to corruption. At the end of the day it is just a set of wheels I use for transport.
Do you know what the demand for these drugs does to countries like Mexico and Afghanistan? The effects of your decisions go beyond you.

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
Sameer I think Astute might be referring to your describing smoking weed while driving around blasting your stereo knowing that the cops will be lax on you. I can kind of see where he's coming from about that... there's something about it that reeks of the kind of injustice and corruption that festers while it makes a whole society sick --- not that you're personally responsible for all that, of course.

I think that's a different issue than getting upset about someone driving a luxury car in the midst of poverty, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. You seem to be appreciative of the fact that your father's efforts at business have provided you with this kind of luxury and opportunity --- I think that's at least better than what I've seen among some people I've known, who are the children of well-off people... these "kids" (in their 30's and 40's) seem to mock any efforts at business or financial success, in the meanwhile they're only able to pay rent and go to bars because they get financial support from their parents. So hey, I think you should enjoy yourself but maybe you could think twice about smoking weed while cruising around in your Bentley... be the Elvis of Delhi, not the Rick Ross of Delhi! :)

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
I just buy it from a local dealer who grows it on his own land.
I understand that.

But the person you buy it from will sell it to other people. Those other people will buy more. They will get addicted to it and try harder drugs. They will then rob other people to feed their habit. Gangs controlling these drugs will traffick people. They will run prostitution rings. They will extort money from businesses and people. They will use children to beg.

I just wish that people would open their eyes to the bigger picture and realise that even small things they do can have massive (and damaging) consequences.

SameerElvis

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Feb 7, 2013
Aligarh, India
I understand that.

But the person you buy it from will sell it to other people. Those other people will buy more. They will get addicted to it and try harder drugs. They will then rob other people to feed their habit. Gangs controlling these drugs will traffick people. They will run prostitution rings. They will extort money from businesses and people. They will use children to beg.

I just wish that people would open their eyes to the bigger picture and realise that even small things they do can have massive (and damaging) consequences.

I agree..that is very much possible. I will try and quit over time.

Xyros

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 28, 2012
I understand that.

Just to make something clear real quick, and not to kill the picture thread.

But here in Amsterdam there are millions of tourists coming here every year to smoke weed, because it's legal, it's considered a soft-drug.
Also in some states in the US it's legal as medical marijuana and other countries too.

You are over exaggerating a bit I personally think.
I think he can do whatever he wants, because ultimately the goal of becoming successful is to do anything you want, wherever you want and when ever you want aka be free. :)

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
I understand that.

But the person you buy it from will sell it to other people. Those other people will buy more. They will get addicted to it and try harder drugs. They will then rob other people to feed their habit. Gangs controlling these drugs will traffic people. They will run prostitution rings. They will extort money from businesses and people. They will use children to beg.

I just wish that people would open their eyes to the bigger picture and realize that even small things they do can have massive (and damaging) consequences.
Of course he's going to sell to other people. What else do you expect?
It's very rare to be addicted to weed btw. Abuse and addiction are two separate things.
Is Marijuana Addictive?

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California

What you're describing is a consequence of drug prohibition. No one gets shot up at the border over a bottle of wine. Very very few people get stabbed over a cigarette. No families are torn apart by a cup of coffee. This isn't because of the addictive properties of the drug (tobacco is extremely addictive), or the intoxicating effects (alcohol is very intoxicating)...it's an effect of the prohibition. The violent black market created by state intervention.

If one could walk into a 7/11 and buy weed, we wouldn't have a drug war. If you could stroll into a pharmacy and purchase harder drugs, people would not be injecting themselves with dirty needles. If the prohibition on drug use ended, the prices would immediately drop, and people wouldn't rob houses and kill people to get a fix...the worst we'd see would be much like the homeless alcoholic on the corner, people begging for change or washing windows. Minority families would not be torn apart when one member is caught with an ounce of the wrong plant in his pocket.

We don't jail alcoholics, we have programs to help them. The other drugs would be no different, and help would be far more widely available than it is now if we removed the fear of legal reprisal (and admittedly more slowly) the social stigma attached. Bring the problem into the light.

Decades and decades of drug prohibition...thousands locked in cages...billions of dollars wasted each year...families destroyed...countless people dead...civil rights violated.

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/7854/13v152.gif

This needs to end.

Disclaimer: I've never been high or drunk in my life. The only drugs I take are legal nootropics. I just care about people.

Here's my mug:

tea-rex-mug.jpg

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
What you're describing is a consequence of drug prohibition. No one gets shot up at the border over a bottle of wine. Very very few people get stabbed over a cigarette. No families are torn apart by a cup of coffee. This isn't because of the addictive properties of the drug (tobacco is extremely addictive), or the intoxicating effects (alcohol is very intoxicating)...it's an effect of the prohibition. The violent black market created by state intervention.

If one could walk into a 7/11 and buy weed, we wouldn't have a drug war. If you could stroll into a pharmacy and purchase harder drugs, people would not be injecting themselves with dirty needles. If the prohibition on drug use ended, the prices would immediately drop, and people wouldn't rob houses and kill people to get a fix...the worst we'd see would be much like the homeless alcoholic on the corner, people begging for change or washing windows. Minority families would not be torn apart when one member is caught with an ounce of the wrong plant in his pocket.

We don't jail alcoholics, we have programs to help them. The other drugs would be no different, and help would be far more widely available than it is now if we removed the fear of legal reprisal (and admittedly more slowly) the social stigma attached. Bring the problem into the light.

Decades and decades of drug prohibition...thousands locked in cages...billions of dollars wasted each year...families destroyed...countless people dead...civil rights violated.

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/7854/13v152.gif

This needs to end.
Although I understand the idea that banning them makes them much more expensive I can't help but think your logic is flawed.

They have been made illegal for a reason and that is because it damages the health of people. Alcohol is harder to control because it has historically been safer to drink than water and has widely been accepted by society. Tobacco has been used in the West for centuries too and became widespread in use. It's a completely different story with crystal meth or heroin when governments had a better understanding of science and health.

So using the argument 'legalising drugs will mean less people using dirty needles' is completely nonsensical because you will likely:

A) Increase the number of people using the drugs
B) Increase the bill for health care in treating the side effects of it

There are little or no real health benefits to these drugs so why should they be legalised?

If governments want to tackle the problem of addicts it would be much better to give them drugs that are controlled in a safe environment, which would reduce crime and avoid the risk of them overdosing.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
This thread has been going since 2007 as a fun way for members (new and old) to post photos and "show us their mugs." You guys are welcome to continue the discussion on drugs, but please start a new thread in the "Off Topic" category so that this thread can get back to it's 6 year history as a legacy thread.

:eek:fftopic:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Lets get this thread back on course

pbk87Ux.jpg

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
From left to right: my oldest son and his wife, my wife, me, and my "baby" boy.
Your boys are exact replicas of you... By any chance do you sell Xerox machines or cloning devices?

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
Here is a picture of my brothers and I from our snowboarding trip a couple of weeks ago. I'm on the far left, my 13 year old brother is in the middle, and my 17 year old brother is on the right.

Attachments

• 1975063_10201135047172263_1014648000_n-2.jpg
    1975063_10201135047172263_1014648000_n-2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 165

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads