The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should teenagers be independent?

Anything related to matters of the mind

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
totally the norm to live with your parents while studying.
I believe living with my parents brings me down in terms of achieving my goals.

Is being normal more important than what you want?
What are the consequences for going alone?
Are you okay with those consequences?
Do the benefits outweigh everything else?

What should I do?

Look at all your options, weight the pros and cons, the benefits and consequences, and decide for yourself what's best given all the information.

There's no "one answer" here.

Sometimes it's worth giving up freedoms for the benefits of our loved ones.
Other times it's not worth it at all.

You need to decide where your values lie and make decisions based on those values.

Mr.Rob

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 17, 2017
Florida
Mido, sounds like you've got an independent streak in you that's good.

If you can financially afford to go live on your own while going to school and you want to be independent then I'd highly suggest it. If you can't afford it financially then it doesn't really matter (definitely don't go into debt to go live on your own) you need to figure out how to get your income up enough to afford living on your own.

Why do you believe living with your parents is getting in the way of achieving your goals?

Mr.Rob

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 17, 2017
Florida
First of all, I believe they probably have good intentions. I just feel like I could be happier and achieve more if I get more control over myself.
JAJT gives you a good heuristic to use in making your decision of cutting the parental cord.

Well can you afford to move out on your own financially speaking?

Mido

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 29, 2017
EGYPT
I am 20 years studying computer science and living with my parents. I live in Qatar and here it is totally the norm to live with your parents while studying. I believe living with my parents brings me down in terms of achieving my goals. What should I do?

I believe this question is important because it relates to a hindering employee-boss relationship as well.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mido

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 29, 2017
EGYPT
Mido, sounds like you've got an independent streak in you that's good.

If you can financially afford to go live on your own while going to school and you want to be independent then I'd highly suggest it. If you can't afford it financially then it doesn't really matter (definitely don't go into debt to go live on your own) you need to figure out how to get your income up enough to afford living on your own.

Why do you believe living with your parents is getting in the way of achieving your goals?
First of all, I believe they probably have good intentions. I just feel like I could be happier and achieve more if I get more control over myself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.