The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I learn coding or source the technology?

BlekiweZA

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 21, 2021
Jozi
Good day all!

I have a Fastlane business idea that meets the CENTS criteria and is graded A-. It is a solution that I have done some market research on here in my country South Africa and the responses have given it a thumbs up, however as someone that has read both Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted I know that market research does not equal to sales.

There is an unmet need in the market and I am willing to jump in and solve it. My challenge is that the solution is an online marketplace that needs coding skills for it to be developed and I have so far only learned to code a "Hello World Application". If I outsource the process development I can launch in the next three to six months but I do not know if that would be the way to go.

Fastlane members please do provide some clarity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

You don't need code for an online marketplace. Wordpress, woocommerce and elementor enable you to build an entire e-commerce website without the need to write a single line of code. Also, it is free.
It is not ideal to serve millions of customers around the world, but more than enough to start and test your idea.

Good luck!

Edit: I used the plugin Dokan when I was building my own marketplace, but there are several others you can use.

If you have never used wordpress, it will be a lot to learn. Here's my advice:

1. Learn wordpress first. Download Local by flywheel which is a program that will enable you to host a website on your own computer so you can practice. Download Oceanwp theme and play around with it. There a zillion youtube videos on how to create a basic wordpress websites. Most of what they say is accurate but one thing: don't get bluehost as hosting provider (neither Hostgator). There is a thread that was written about this somewhere on the forum.

2. Learn elementor. It's a drag and drop wordpress plugin. It's awesome!

3. Learn woocommerce. What it is, how to use it, how to set it up.

4. Find a suitable multi-vendor market place plug-in to implement.

It's a lot to learn but it is easy. It took me a day or two of videos to figure out how setting up a website works, then another day to understand wordpress, then 6 hours to understand elementor. But I am a slow learner ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

BlekiweZA

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 21, 2021
Jozi
You don't need code for an online marketplace. Wordpress, woocommerce and elementor enable you to build an entire e-commerce website without the need to write a single line of code. Also, it is free.
It is not ideal to serve millions of customers around the world, but more than enough to start and test your idea.

Good luck!
Thank you so much I will look into those resources

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
There's more here to think about.

Do you have lots of funds at your fingertips? Then pay to have it built.

However if you're an 'always almost broke' with no skills and just trying to find someone to partner with to build your brilliant surely multi-million (maybe billion) idea then I would suggest realizing that everyone has these ideas all day long and especially if you don't have funds readily available to deploy that you learn to code yourself and set yourself up for life.

Don't dream chase. Put in the work and you'll have freedom for life.

"Teach a man to fish... ya know?"

Check this thread out that I posted, maybe it can help you.

I got hired as a software engineer without a college degree. Self taught.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.