The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I include an article/blog section in my website?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

InnovateDesign

777 MPH
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2016
Taxco, MX
So I am currently building a website which sells a service to aspiring entrepreneurs. I have had quite a few sales with good reviews on a freelancing website so I know that this service is something people really need. The thing is, I am not quite sure how I will make it SEO with text that isn't updated (as far as I understand SEO).

Should I include a blog tab where I could basically blog about different topics that related to the service I provide or will this look unprofessional?

Another question is how does a website without a blog reach the top 10 search results on Google?

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

fastlane_protege

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 23, 2016
I don't think it would look unprofessional at all. The blog could cover important topics to your demographic, which would be quite helpful. Adding a blog helps you rank your site for more keywords, so if you're looking to use search engine traffic to bring in clients, I would do it.

Without a blog, your website reaches the top-10 results just like any other site. By offering good content that's optimized toward the keywords you're looking to rank for and by getting backlinks.

ETA: I suggest reading about "on-page optimization." That's a big factor to focus on for any page you're creating. I'm new to this forum, so I don't know the rules yet on linking to sites; however, you can Google "on-page SEO" or "on-page optimization" and you'll find a wealth of information.

Also, how did you get the "read The Millionaire Fastlane " under your name? I bought the book a long time ago for my Nook, and I would like to get that under my name too, lol.

Edit #2: I also wanted to say that there's more to ranking your site in Google than just good content and backlinks. I believe those are the most important things, but there's a lot that goes into ranking a page. I'm somewhat new to SEO myself, but you may also want to look into "silo structure" for SEO. This ensures your website is structured in an optimal way for SEO.

As a side note, SEO generally doesn't require much of a financial investment, but it can take a lot of time (few months or longer) to see results, plus the results can be finicky when Google decides to change its algorithms up. I would definitely look into and spend time on SEO, but I would also make sure to look into advertising campaigns to get clients, as you have much more control over the results.

I hope this helps. Like I mentioned, I'm somewhat new to SEO and talking about it with others helps me make sure that I understand the information. I'm currently creating a few websites right now to make money with affiliate advertising and SEO is my main form of traffic.

Last edited:

Joey El

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 16, 2016
Down Under
How are you going with this so far ID?

If you want some examples I can link sites from my old city that stood out, when I worked in an SEO firm. I have seen single page sites with no domain authority rank #1 and brand-new sites go straight to the first page. Anything's possible.

That's part of why there are much better ROI's and control with PPC but having a bonus of free traffic by doing some basics right helps. Even this forum ranks well.

The pointers from f_p above are relevant. If you're worried about professionalism, many prestigious firms simply swap the "blog/article" title for "Journal."

Cheers

Chris Kelsey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
943%
Jun 5, 2016
San Francisco
If you're going to write a blog it really depends on who your target market is and how they are finding you.

For example, if you are marketing it by X and Y, and most of them aren't likely to find you through Google in the first place, then it might not matter that much.

I've met some people that are making loads of money and their website is absolute crap and not SEO-friendly, but they don't care because that's not how they get their customers. Don't focus on Google "just cuz" (not saying you are, but some people do that), only focus on it if it is a true medium for you to gain more customers.

But if you're looking to gain most of your customers from Google searching the right keywords, you would have to reverse engineer what someone might type to find you, then make sure the posts will boost up your site from the competitors. This can be quite hard depending on what kind of niche it is, not hard, but it can require a lot of effort if you want to do it the right way. I think the time consideration to do it is a factor, but if you're making $20k/month profit and can afford to have someone write SEO-friendly blog posts for you and it isn't a hassle for you, then it can be more worthwhile.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InnovateDesign

777 MPH
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2016
Taxco, MX
If you're going to write a blog it really depends on who your target market is and how they are finding you.

For example, if you are marketing it by X and Y, and most of them aren't likely to find you through Google in the first place, then it might not matter that much.

I've met some people that are making loads of money and their website is absolute crap and not SEO-friendly, but they don't care because that's not how they get their customers. Don't focus on Google "just cuz" (not saying you are, but some people do that), only focus on it if it is a true medium for you to gain more customers.

But if you're looking to gain most of your customers from Google searching the right keywords, you would have to reverse engineer what someone might type to find you, then make sure the posts will boost up your site from the competitors. This can be quite hard depending on what kind of niche it is, not hard, but it can require a lot of effort if you want to do it the right way. I think the time consideration to do it is a factor, but if you're making $20k/month profit and can afford to have someone write SEO-friendly blog posts for you and it isn't a hassle for you, then it can be more worthwhile.

You are completely right, I feel like I have been thinking about this the wrong way. I do not need google for this as far as I am aware, it would be nice to have my website come up as soon as somebody searches the keywords of the service I provide but that shouldn't be my only source of traffic.

By the way, I read your thread about becoming a millionaire at the age of 19. AWESOME.

Chris Kelsey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
943%
Jun 5, 2016
San Francisco
Thank you man! And I think I'm going to make a post on here about that now actually, as I think Google can be over-rated for finding customers (IN A WAY, not always).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.