The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I go LLC or another way??

Clay

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 25, 2008
Townsend,MT
The best way for me to describe my business is to link it to this post, If this is not ok with MJ or the moderators please delete my post. I'm not trying to spam, just would like you ideas on how I should protect myself...

www.garageinnovationsmt.com

This is my company, I've been in the business a long time and I've always had partners and allowed them to over see the legal aspects of the company. But now I want to go on my own, I'd like to know from those of you who can give me the real pro's and con's if I decide to go with a LLC. I'd also be interested in info on going Corp.
Please school me on this matter :hl:, Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
So you're in ...retail? Just trying to determine the business model. As long as you are for-profit, you can be a C, S, or LLC. S corp taxes pass through to the owner, Cs pay directly to the government. LLC can do either with proper filing, depending on your state laws.

All three do the job of creating a separate entity to protect your interests. Respect the corporate veil, and incorporating will pay big dividends. Good luck.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
The best way for me to describe my business is to link it to this post, If this is not ok with MJ or the moderators please delete my post. I'm not trying to spam, just would like you ideas on how I should protect myself...

www.garageinnovationsmt.com

This is my company, I've been in the business a long time and I've always had partners and allowed them to over see the legal aspects of the company. But now I want to go on my own, I'd like to know from those of you who can give me the real pro's and con's if I decide to go with a LLC. I'd also be interested in info on going Corp.
Please school me on this matter :hl:, Thanks

Check out "Business Structure Basics" under the tax sub-forum.

Clay

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 25, 2008
Townsend,MT

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
NP Clay

If you still have questions after reading the thread, please post there. That's the one area I am consistently checking.

I'm with MJ - forum is growing and I don't read everything.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.