The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I buy a house under a corporation company(LLC)?

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
So this is a situation between 3 people, my cousin, a guy (lets call him Tony) and myself. My cousin can not purchase a property due to his immigration situation. Tony is an American citizen but very irresponsible and not trustworthy anymore. My cousin was highly interested in purchasing a house a couple of years back, by using Tony help, by my cousin putting down his hard earned money and signing the house under Tony name.

Over the years my cousin has been on time with the payments, but my cousin no longer wants the house under Tony name so he wants to transfer the house to someone who is responsible. He wants to transfer the house under my name, and I don't mind helping him. But I have been thinking about maybe having the house transfer from Tony name to a corporation name under my name?

Advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
So this is a situation between 3 people, my cousin, a guy (lets call him Tony) and myself. My cousin can not purchase a property due to his immigration situation. Tony is an American citizen but very irresponsible and not trustworthy anymore. My cousin was highly interested in purchasing a house a couple of years back, by using Tony help, by my cousin putting down his hard earned money and signing the house under Tony name.

Over the years my cousin has been on time with the payments, but my cousin no longer wants the house under Tony name so he wants to transfer the house to someone who is responsible. He wants to transfer the house under my name, and I don't mind helping him. But I have been thinking about maybe having the house transfer from Tony name to a corporation name under my name?

Advice?

You can try. I don't think you will get a corporate no-recourse loan without a corporate history.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
If there is a mortgage, it may not be transferrable. You will probably have to 'purchase' the home.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
If there is a mortgage, it may not be transferrable. You will probably have to 'purchase' the home.
Yes, I forgot to mention this important information. The house hasn't been paid off yet so there is a mortgage, when they got the house under Tony name the house was worth around $125,000, but now is worth between $85,000 to $100,000. I do not know much about real state, but my cousin thinks we can transfer the mortgage from Tony name to my name.

By purchase meaning to pay off the remaining balance of the mortgage?

Honestly, my advice to him was to forget about that house, and let Tony keep it and see what he does. I told him is easier to find a house that he can purchase with cash, and this way I can run it through an LLC.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.