The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Short Sale for $200k, Re Sale for $300k

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Can someone re purchase a building that they have previously purchased through an LLC, (and have over $750k worth of debt on it because they took out 2 mortgages on it) for $200,000 cash, then turn right back around and put it on the market for $300k- attempting to walk away from the debt, and also gain a $100k profit? (Which to me sounds ILLEGAL, like loan fraud, but the person is paying cash for the building, and putting it in someone else's name)

Please advise if the value of the property will go up ($100k dollars) immediately after the short sale. If so, how? The appraisal will say its worth more, thus allowing it to go on the market for the greater amount?

I have someone who is interested in purchasing this building once it goes back on the market- as they obviously can't get it now, due to the fact that its under contract and closing in a few days...But they would want to buy for $200k vs. $300k.

Can anyone give their opinions on this scenario?

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Your talking about fraud and I wouldn't post it online. But yes I do know of it happening.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
It's not quite clear what you're asking.

***Are you saying that the owner of the building wants to buy his own building as a short sale? And then turn around and resell it?

This is exactly what I am saying.... He has a family member purchasing it for cash in a short sale.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.