The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Short and successful - is it possible?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I think I have a complex about my height, but on the other hand I'm not surprised at all. You see tall people in high places everywhere, very rarely the other way around. I want to hear from the shorter of you how far you are on your fastlane journey. Do you know any well-known short entrepreneurs? Maybe you have something else to tell me? I am very curious about your opinion.
Doesn’t matter at all.

One of the richest guys I ever met (in person, he’s not a billionaire but a multimillionaire) is a 50 something Vietnamese man who is barely 5 ft tall.

This guy came over here as a boy with his parents, fleeing communism. Started with nothing, worked his a$$ off, became an HVAC tech, built his own business, invested in rental properties, and now lives in a 5000 square foot mansion.

Being tall is not that important. It might help when you start out as a beginner, but in the long run, not important.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I think I have a complex about my height, but on the other hand I'm not surprised at all. You see tall people in high places everywhere, very rarely the other way around. I want to hear from the shorter of you how far you are on your fastlane journey. Do you know any well-known short entrepreneurs? Maybe you have something else to tell me? I am very curious about your opinion.
Ask Napoleon Bonaparte.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Silvio Berlusconi is 165 cm

Jeff Bezos is 172 cm

Ralph Lauren is 168 cm

Gary Vaynerchuk is 170 cm

Jack Ma is 161 cm

I could go on, the list is very long.
Since I'm short too I was having a lot of complexes about my height, but this is something you can't change and it doesn't make sense to worry about it.
Your height won't influence your success, so just hustke and you'll reach what you want.

Have a good life

Got to add those short chumps Tom Cruise and Dan Bilzerian.

And yes CM = very confusing for Americans.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I am quite tall.
And I know nothing in the world of entrepreneurshop, where I have any advantages through my hight.
Its only psychological!
You don’t hit your head in doors,
You dont hit your knees in a Ferrari or ANY other car.
You can speak to normal peoples without sinking your head.

Be thankful, when you are healthy and don’t mess about the work of God.
Get self confidence! Only psychology!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I’m kinda pissed that all the Italian sports cars I’m going to buy will be a tight fit. Kinda jealous of you. I’m probably going to have to customize the cockpit of the fighter jet I buy so that I can fit. Very annoying!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You're too deep in your insecurities for this to help you, but I just wanted to say this because I love it.

The Los Angeles Rams, an American football team, just drafted a player (WR) named Tutu Atwell who is 5'8" 149 pounds (172cm, 68kg).

This is the NFL, a league dominated by large, tall guys. He's not the only short player in the NFL, but the other short players have stocky builds (Dion Lewis, for example, is 5'7" 170cm and weighs 195lbs 88kg). This guy isn't just short, he's thin.

He's my size, and he's going to be playing in the NFL. That's insane! I hope he has success because that would be a big thing for guys my size.

Starting a business is MUCH easier than getting into the NFL, by the way.

Marco Aurelio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 4, 2020
Italy

Jeff Bezos is 172 cm

Ralph Lauren is 168 cm

Jack Ma is 161 cm

Since I'm short too I was having a lot of complexes about my height, but this is something you can't change and it doesn't make sense to worry about it.
Your height won't influence your success, so just hustle and you'll reach what you want.

Have a good life

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Okay, I'll check this out then, thank you.

Maybe I'm not, that's encouraging, thank you.

Yeah, fair point.

What?! I didn't know that. That's something. Thank you.

I see, thank you, I appreciate your encouragement. Have a good life as well

I can imagine hahaha

So can anyone explain me what does he mean? It's ironic, isn't it? I don't speak English very well.
Sethamus was being sarcastic. If English isn’t your main language, sarcasm will be difficult to detect over text.

His point is that you should not worry about height.

By the way, your English is good in my opinion.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Do you mean Psycho-Cybernetics? Book made by Maxwell Maltz? Why should I?
It addresses exactly what you are talking about with examples of people who overcame it.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
It addresses exactly what you are talking about with examples of people who overcame it.
Okay, I'll check this out then, thank you.
You're too deep in your insecurities for this to help you, but I just wanted to say this because I love it.

The Los Angeles Rams, an American football team, just drafted a player (WR) named Tutu Atwell who is 5'8" 149 pounds (172cm, 68kg).

This is the NFL, a league dominated by large, tall guys. He's not the only short player in the NFL, but the other short players have stocky builds (Dion Lewis, for example, is 5'7" 170cm and weighs 195lbs 88kg). This guy isn't just short, he's thin.

He's my size, and he's going to be playing in the NFL. That's insane! I hope he has success because that would be a big thing for guys my size.

Starting a business is MUCH easier than getting into the NFL, by the way.
Maybe I'm not, that's encouraging, thank you.
Ask Napoleon Bonaparte.
Yeah, fair point.
Putin is 168cm. Just saying.
What?! I didn't know that. That's something. Thank you.

Jeff Bezos is 172 cm

Ralph Lauren is 168 cm

Jack Ma is 161 cm

Your height won't influence your success, so just hustke and you'll reach what you want.

Have a good life
I see, thank you, I appreciate your encouragement. Have a good life as well
Being American, when people start listing heights in centimeters I imagine a tiny person the size of a paperclip.

I know that is irrational, but that's how the frame of reference works when you're used to feet.
I can imagine hahaha

Sorry, google says that tall people get favoritism over short people in the working world. You should just stop now while you are ahead and maybe even quit your job as well since you are at an unfair advantage.
So can anyone explain me what does he mean? It's ironic, isn't it? I don't speak English very well.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Sethamus was being sarcastic. If English isn’t your main language, sarcasm will be difficult to detect over text.

Thulsa Doom approves... kinda.

NpyhLEB.gif

D

Deleted78083

Actually, you're right.

Tall people earn more money and are more successful than short people. I don't really know why, but I expect it's a psychological advantage. They feel more powerful for being taller, feel less threatened, and go ahead with their plans.

Similarly, fat people earn less and are less successful.

I am super short too (172 cm) so I understand you. Dating girls is much harder, and i rarely become friend with someone above 185cm as neither of us understand what the other is saying.

That being said, many short people have succeeded.

The most extraordinary example IMO is El Chapo.

Bruno Mars is quite short as well.

So I think succeeding even though you are short is possible. And yes, i think it's easier if you're taller.

D

Deleted73907

Abraham Lincoln was 6 ft 4 in.
His best general, Ulysses S. Grant, who became later president himself, was 5 ft 7 in.

What does this tell us? Nothing in particular I suppose.

Here one of a couple of personal examples: The boss of my company (~500 employees, SW-engineering) is also 5 ft 7.
Has a Dr.-Ing. (PhD) from the most renowned technical university in Germany (TU München). And two kids and a pretty wife who is 10 years younger than him.

I am super short too (172 cm) so I understand you.
172 cm is surely not "super short".

You are as tall as Floyd Mayweather Jr., one arguably successful person.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Another example of height not being important (real life person I know, not a celebrity):

Locally owned liquor store chain - owner was a midget (a “little person”) who stood about 3 feet high and had a handlebar mustache.

This was in a small Texas town area but his stores were spread out across the county and he had around a half dozen of them.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland

Oh, I see, thank you. I have a lot to learn anyway.

Thulsa Doom approves... kinda.

NpyhLEB.gif
No idea what are you talking about but I like your avatar - the Dude is cool.

Aaron Marino - 5'7"
Joe Rogan - 5'7"
Mark Zuckerberg - 5'7"
Jeff Bezos - 5'7"
Kanye West - 5'8"
Nate Robinson - 5'9"
Tupac - 5'9"
Oh wow, didn't know that as well, especially about Mark and Bezos, thank you.

I am quite tall.
And I know nothing in the world of entrepreneurshop, where I have any advantages through my hight.
Its only psychological!
You don’t hit your head in doors,
You dont hit your knees in a Ferrari or ANY other car.
You can speak to normal peoples without sinking your head.

Be thankful, when you are healthy and don’t mess about the work of God.
Get self confidence! Only psychology!
Thank you, that's encouraging. I should probably read the Psycho-Cybernetics asap then.

Actually, you're right.

Tall people earn more money and are more successful than short people. I don't really know why, but I expect it's a psychological advantage. They feel more powerful for being taller, feel less threatened, and go ahead with their plans.

Similarly, fat people earn less and are less successful.

I am super short too (172 cm) so I understand you. Dating girls is much harder, and i rarely become friend with someone above 185cm as neither of us understand what the other is saying.

That being said, many short people have succeeded.

The most extraordinary example IMO is El Chapo.

Bruno Mars is quite short as well.

So I think succeeding even though you are short is possible. And yes, i think it's easier if you're taller.
Thank you. Sure, but reading all the previous examples you can easily see a lot of short people succeeding, so there is no point overthinking that, as almost all the people answering the thread said.

Abraham Lincoln was 6 ft 4 in.
His best general, Ulysses S. Grant, who became later president himself, was 5 ft 7 in.

What does this tell us? Nothing in particular I suppose.

Here one of a couple of personal examples: The boss of my company (~500 employees, SW-engineering) is also 5 ft 7.
Has a Dr.-Ing. (PhD) from the most renowned technical university in Germany (TU München). And two kids and a pretty wife who is 10 years younger than him.

172 cm is surely not "super short".

You are as tall as Floyd Mayweather Jr., one arguably successful person.
Oh wow, I didn't know that, both examples are encouraging, thank you.

Another example of height not being important (real life person I know, not a celebrity):

Locally owned liquor store chain - owner was a midget (a “little person”) who stood about 3 feet high and had a handlebar mustache.

This was in a small Texas town area but his stores were spread out across the county and he had around a half dozen of them.
Hahaha, you mean his mustache were long? The story is encouraging as well, thank you.

I just came up with my own ideas of successful and short people:
  • George Miller (aka Joji) - 5'8"
  • Tim Ferris - around 5'6"
  • Cr1TiKaL (a youtuber, 8,2 mln subs) - 5'6"

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
when someone suggests any book say thank you and check out that book's summary.
It will hardly take 10 minutes, either the book is relevant and you can read it or if it's not relevant then you don't have to read it.

In the end, You decide.

I am short too(5 5'') I don't feel that is a disadvantage.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Sorry, google says that tall people get favoritism over short people in the working world. You should just stop now while you are ahead and maybe even quit your job as well since you are at an unfair advantage.
What is my advantage? I consider myself short as well.

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Doesn’t matter at all.

One of the richest guys I ever met (in person, he’s not a billionaire but a multimillionaire) is a 50 something Vietnamese man who is barely 5 ft tall.

This guy came over here as a boy with his parents, fleeing communism. Started with nothing, worked his a$$ off, became an HVAC tech, built his own business, invested in rental properties, and now lives in a 5000 square foot mansion.

Being tall is not that important. It might help when you start out as a beginner, but in the long run, not important.
Oh wow, that sounds interesting. Do you know a name of the guy?

puredot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jun 26, 2020
Poland
Read PsycoCybernetics.
He’s a local guy. Not famous or anything.

You could find someone who’s done the same thing in almost any town or city!
Okay, thank you. I cannot think of one, but thank you anyway

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.