The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Shoe tattooing business

shaun mac

New Contributor
Apr 23, 2017
united kingdom
Here goes guys, I already have tattoo studios and have branched out into tattooing leather goods.
Shoes sofas etc, so far doing pop up events within the niche growing my Instagram and Facebook (only been open 3 weeks and just short of 1000 followers with good engagement)I'm looking for the best ways to market this
I also have a social marketing agency (advertising this service is new to me though)
Instagram @urban_shoe_tattoo7

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Attachments

Brett Beckwith

Meat
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 4, 2018
Iowa
Hey just passing through, but had a thought... Rather than selling this exclusively as a service, why not try marketing and selling pre-tattooed leather goods with unique designs as high-end designer pieces?
I agree with Levit. This is a very cool concept. A personal friend of mine has sold customized Jordans to rappers and has made a good amount of money (not sure of the exact numbers).

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
And today I learn that shoes can get tattoos.
Lol. Me too.

And my first reaction is “How cool is that?”

I expect most don’t think of leather being tattooed, but when they do they will have a similar reaction.

My first thought was leather jackets. And gifts.

Etsy? Instagram. Facebook. People searching for gift ideas.

*** Send a leather jacket to The Rock? (Check out his Instagram following!!) ***

Hmmm... What’s going to happen if you generate that awareness at scale and every tattoo artist in the world wants to capitalise on it?

Stargazer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England
How well known are you and are your designs unique in some way? (I know technically they are all unique.)

Very high end leather goods companies already do this you see. It is the design that is licensed.

Google 'The Girl with the Golden Needle.'

Here is an example for Ettinger.

Billfold with 6 C/C | Ettinger London

Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom