The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ship Your Enemies Glitter

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
http://shipyourenemiesglitter.com

Considering this is a fairly new website. Tons of coverage. Unique idea.

It's already being bidded for 70K USD at the moment.

What're your thoughts? Fastlane?

Violating the 5 commandments?

Nonetheless, love the simple idea and premise.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Baku

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 20, 2014
Poland
Hmm, ok, someone hates me and buy glitter gift from you to piss me off. I open letter, see that inside is a lot of glitter and spread it all around me? :D
Is inside any mechanism that blows all this shit?

I'm not sure what I think about this idea. This make world a little worst, because hate, enemies, but not to much. It's slight thing. More like joke. The whole idea sounds really nice in comparision with polish schools. :DD

I had thought right now. Maybe it'd be better like "make a joke to your best friend"?? I think more people would do such a thing for their friends than for their enemies. Perspective of cleaning jeans from glitter isn't any nightmare, and when we hate someone we want to hit this person in the middle of face, not send envelope full of colored dust. But as a joke it would be great for me! : )))) It's is possible that I would bought it. : ))))

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
site is 2 weeks old, they never shipped anything to begin with... and somehow got this crappy idea to go viral and now want $70k for something that they never put any work into???

Im very confused as to how a 2 week old site like this can go viral without knowing someone "big" to help you with the scam.

I could start the same site but calls it "send your enemies dog poop", buy all the facebook ads I could manage and NOBODY, I mean NOBODY would care...let alone offer to buy a brand new site with no ranking for over $70k

amazing the scams people can pull off

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Hmm, ok, someone hates me and buy glitter gift from you to piss me off. I open letter, see that inside is a lot of glitter and spread it all around me? :D
Is inside any mechanism that blows all this shit?

I'm not sure what I think about this idea. This make world a little worst, because hate, enemies, but not to much. It's slight thing. More like joke. The whole idea sounds really nice in comparision with polish schools. :DD

I had thought right now. Maybe it'd be better like "make a joke to your best friend"?? I think more people would do such a thing for their friends than for their enemies. Perspective of cleaning jeans from glitter isn't any nightmare, and when we hate someone we want to hit this person in the middle of face, not send envelope full of colored dust. But as a joke it would be great for me! : )))) It's is possible that I would bought it. : ))))
db3.jpg

No, seriously, they already send it to friends. Nobody sends glitter to a real enemy. It's a joke.

I could start the same site but calls it "send your enemies dog poop", buy all the facebook ads I could manage and NOBODY, I mean NOBODY would care...let alone offer to buy a brand new site with no ranking for over $70k
That would be so not funny.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
site is 2 weeks old, they never shipped anything to begin with... and somehow got this crappy idea to go viral and now want $70k for something that they never put any work into???

Im very confused as to how a 2 week old site like this can go viral without knowing someone "big" to help you with the scam.

http://www.poopsenders.com/

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio

The owner isn't asking for 70k. He set his reserve much lower.
The market wants to pay $70k - https://flippa.com/3783970-20-000-i...on-visits-in-4-days-hugely-popular-viral-site

I'm sure right now, that site can get so many leads based on it's traffic that it may be worth it for someone who can use them.

Many questions should be asked by whoever wants to buy.

Some things seem off about that site.

forchunet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 6, 2013

Envious much? It's not crappy if he was able to command that much traffic. His copywriting is actually something that should be studied, very effective in attracting his target market. Don't dismiss it so easily and instead try to learn from his actions. You'll be much better off, believe me.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There's something strange about the shutdown

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
There's something strange about the shutdown

It's the opposite of strange. It's very smart.

Buy low, sell high.

He has an idea that's extremely easy to replicate, and will not maintain that order of sales. Rather than having a 'job' of fulfilling glitter orders that he'll watch the sales fall after some time, he let's someone else deal with it and cashes out for what he can get, and moves to the next idea.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It's the opposite of strange. It's very smart.

Buy low, sell high.

He has an idea that's extremely easy to replicate, and will not maintain that order of sales. Rather than having a 'job' of fulfilling glitter orders that he'll watch the sales fall after some time, he let's someone else deal with it and cashes out for what he can get, and moves to the next idea.

If he sold it.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
You guys wouldn't suppose that halting sales for this long hasn't already hampered his ability to rake in a high profit?

Even if he was able to outsource it, he'll still be making bank from the media exposure

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You guys wouldn't suppose that halting sales for this long hasn't already hampered his ability to rake in a high profit?

Even if he was able to outsource it, he'll still be making bank from the media exposure

The site is down/dead. No orders coming in.

We'll probably get the real/full story in a few weeks.

It will be interesting to see how this resolves.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Update : the site is listed on Flippa with a current bid of $70k+

I am moving him into the smart category.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah, this is stupid - just like the snuggie, the selfie pole thing, and a social network that only lets you type 140 characters.

All that matters is people are jumping on this thing with cash in hand. People want this.

That is what we are here for.

It creates value for the customer - even if it is in a way that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
Sometimes dumb ideas can be profitable...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What the legal action could be taken against the website owner and the sender?

Was wondering about that, if it sprayed up into someone's eyes.

You are selling a product that is intended to piss people off.

It's going to piss people off. There are no rules on who you can or cannot sue.

Last edited:

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
stupid ideas can be brilliant ones if the market is there in this case I believe it's mostly about the "hype"

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Seems the site expanded into a full-blown online Spencer's Gifts of sorts.

Interesting to see how it transformed over the course of a year.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Actually this look like a pretty good online store....I feel tempted to make some orders.
The atmosphere of the website is very jovial...I like it!:kiss::jimlad:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.