The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shifting focus from stock mkt investing to business

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
I’ve wanted to own a business for as long as I can remember. In grade school I wrote a report on entrepreneurship by choice. When I was a kid I was a drummer so naturally my first idea was a music store. I later realized those all died when the online market took over. Since graduating high school I’ve had a new fitness business idea brewing, and as the years of wisdom have gone by, I have revised this business idea into one that almost meets all of CENTS.
I work in the financial services industry and have gone down the rabbit hole of learning about wealth and debt and investing. I’ve heard all the generic advice. I’m aware of the consumer mindset and steering far away.
i live on less than 50% of my income, unfortunately I am paying off consumer debt for my early twenties (still only 28 yes old now). Once the debt payments are gone, that half of my income will be saved to start the business.
I totally see TMF as it relates to real life around me. My friends that have businesses are the ones that earn the most, although, I can tell they spend what they earn on a consumer lifestyle.
my mindset is shifted thanks to this book, and I now know to focus my efforts on business rather than the stock market retirement future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007