The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shifting Acquisitions into high gear

White8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 6, 2007
Salem, OR
I'm nearing the close on my business purchase which is June 11 which pretty well takes care of my available cash for the time being. Since we are mid year, if I take a reasonable salary out of the business, accelerate the payments, and don't drain all of the profits out of the business, it will take 1-1.5 years to recover my down. Once I get familiar with the business and get it running the way I like businesses to run how can I raise the capital for a down payment on another investment before the 1-1.5 year time frame. (without partners) Ideally, I would like to make a mid sized purchase every 9 months to one year for the next 20 years.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I just realized I deleted my post when I was deleting my spammer police posts.

Here are my thoughts. If you are buying a business entity with established credit, then you could use the credit and cashflow to borrow the money.

Also if you had 'stable' income outside of the business then you would be more loanable.

White8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 6, 2007
Salem, OR
I just realized I deleted my post when I was deleting my spammer police posts.

Here are my thoughts. If you are buying a business entity with established credit, then you could use the credit and cashflow to borrow the money.

Also if you had 'stable' income outside of the business then you would be more loanable.

I hate it when I delete my own posts or it times out :bgh:

I'll take a look at borrowing against the cashflow.

Forza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Mar 14, 2008
What's a safe debt to equity ratio to keep liabilities manageable in case things go awry?

eTyler19

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 19, 2008
SW Michigan
What about finding a business you can buy and turn it into a franchise? Make other people pay to open the store but you get the cash flow (royalties fees every month)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.