The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

She said "you are so lucky"

Gareth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Nov 25, 2016
Until you are made aware of something, it can seem invisible.

Yesterday I was in the lift. The receptionist who works the front desk was on her way home. She was complaining about work and how she couldn't wait to get home. She noted that I only work a few hours a day.

I told her that even though I worked a few hours a day, I really enjoyed what I did.

And then she repeated this twice over "You are so lucky".

And Im sure I used to think about people who had created work and life that they were fully engaged in.

Whilst luck may have played some part, I worked my azz off to create a business. Rode through the crappy times to have what I have.

I'm not wealthy and I'm not in the Fastlane yet....but hard work, vision and a bit of stoicism will do the trick!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

douevenshift

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Aug 1, 2016
Yes sir. Hope you read TMF but one of the first thing MJ notes is that slow-laners think we need "Luck". This is a huge slow lane trap... not about being "lucky" but our execution. Maybe loan her a copy of the book, who knows where it will take you :)

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Ricoboxing

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Oct 30, 2014
Canada

Yesterday I was in the lift. The receptionist who works the front desk was on her way home. She was complaining about work and how she couldn't wait to get home. She noted that I only work a few hours a day.

I told her that even though I worked a few hours a day, I really enjoyed what I did.

And Im sure I used to think about people who had created work and life that they were fully engaged in.

Whilst luck may have played some part, I worked my azz off to create a business. Rode through the crappy times to have what I have.

I'm not wealthy and I'm not in the Fastlane yet....but hard work, vision and a bit of stoicism will do the trick!
When people say that to me, I tell them "it's not luck, it was hard work and sacrifice"

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Being "lucky" is the ultimate excuse for "slowlaners" to explain why you, or anyone else, could be at a position that you're in.

On my travels, I've been told over and over again that I'm so lucky to be able to travel and "work" from anywhere in the world.

I actually correct them now, as unselfishly as possible, and say, it's not luck: I designed my life this way and worked hard for it.

Perhaps, that will resonate with someone and they can begin their journey of how any life you dream up is possible with hard work, risk taking, execution, and dogged determination.

Don't ever fall into the "luck" trap. :)

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
it reminds me of a jeff walker video

" luck " for him was being a poor dad at home with no future, followed by 20 years of hard work

this is what people call " luck "... obviously this is not luck

luck is something like "stupid -people- i- want- to -slap " winning the lottery whereas they don't deserve it

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Honestly i see that as an insult.

I'd say "are you really comparing me to a lottery winner? gee thanks..."

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

good mindset and they all will question us quizzically. we must keep pressing towards the mark. best of luck bro

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm incredibly lucky my parents raised me with manners, work ethic, and self-belief.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I'm incredibly lucky my parents raised me with manners, work ethic, and self-belief.
arent we all lol

rather then the whiny self entitled bishes that we see the true "deplorables"
if i were to ever write a book it would be entitled "too many bastards out there" :):pompus::happy:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.