The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Setting Priorities

Anything related to matters of the mind

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
So how do YOU settle things down when things start to overwhelm you and how do you ensure that you accomplish the right tasks?

I recently had some friends who have had the issues of life somewhat overwhelm them. Their lives are simply moving faster than they can handle and their list of “Things to Do” is seemingly endless. And though they seem to be crossing some things off their list, other things are continuously being added as their lives continue. When the topic came up, we had been a group discussion and they asked for some ideas for what to do and how to handle their situation. A lot of great information was shared and appreciated.

A few days later I had the opportunity to be in my car alone for my trip to and from work and decided I would make good use of my time by listening to some personal development material. I was listening to Brian Tracy’s 21 Success Secrets of Self Made Millionaires and came across a particular success secret that I thought could assist my friend’s as well as offer useful information for others here on the forum.

Setting Priorities and Concentrate Single-Mindedly
The formula for getting things done can be broken down into a simple process.
Make a list of everything you have to do before you begin and determine your priority. To determine your priority and be the most productive, ask yourself these questions:

1. What are my highest value activities? In other words, which activity that needs to be completed has the most value to you. To help you answer think of it this way; what is it that you do that is more valuable than anything else to your business?
2. Why am I on the payroll? Or in a business perspective, what do I bring to the table? What have I been hired/expected to accomplish? To get clarity in this area – focus on the results not the activities.
3. What can I, and only I do, that if done well can make a difference? The answer will be something that if you do not do it, it will not get done and if you do, do it and do it well, it will make a big difference in you business.
4. What is the most valuable use of my time right now? There is only one answer to this question at anytime.

To follow up and complete the process, commit yourself to working single-mindedly on one task – the most important task, and staying with it until that task is 100% complete. Persevere without diversion or distraction. Push yourself to keep working at the job until it is done.

And most importantly repeat this process, over and over and over.

The big idea here is to develop a habit of high performance. Once a task becomes a habit it becomes automatic, natural and much easier to do. Developing a habit of high performance can virtually guarantee great success in life… and if not life, at least you got something done and one more thing crossed off your list of things to do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Hard thing to do is to set priorities.. I get too caught up in action to do so although I try to not loose two virtues of mine: Freedom and Possibilities, which I want to represent in life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.