The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seriously Commited Accountability Partner

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Hi guys.

Is there anyone out there who needs or wants a seriously committed accountability partner?

I don't mind where you are at in your journey (And I hope you don't either)

The point of this post is to find some people here, (although it doesn't have to be a group)
where we can contact each other regularly as accountability partners.

Anything additional is a bonus e.g Masterminds.

Feel free to PM me or post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Get a paying client? They have a habit of holding you accountable to what you promised to deliver, and when you promised to deliver it...

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
You know who the best accountability partner is?

Yourself.

You don't need anybody to hold yourself accountable.

If you want it bad enough.

Go out and do it.

Thanks bud, I am doing that but trying anything I can do get and maintain an edge (on myself while pushing others too and helping each other out.)

Just putting myself out there regardless of anything, and continuing back to Action daily.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I action faked for the longest time, got an accountablity partner some time ago... he fell off the wagon and i fell off along with him a few months later.

The only person you should think about is yourself and keep yourself accountable...

What has helped me in the past is to simply write down 3 things that can be done in 15 minutes or less to move yourself closer to your goals. Do that everyday, it becomes a habit after a few months. You'll be amazed how much stuff can get done in 45 minutes a day, everyday. If you achieve this in a year that'll be almost 280 working hours.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
+1 on @jon.a I have about 5 guys who I talk to pretty regularly on the forum. We all share a pretty similar work ethic and drive. A few of them even know the specifics of my business that aren't even in my INSIDERS thread (website URL, company name, etc)

If you're looking to give back by being someone's accountability partner, I like the initiative but it may not be the best use of your time.

The type of person who would require an accountability partner probably won't get any real work done. There was a user I was talking with when I first joined, he had a great concept, but never did anything about it. Every time I messaged him, he fed me excuses. I gave up. If he didn't want it, why should I waste my time pushing him?

If you're looking for a mastermind style relationship or someone to bounce ideas off of, sure as much value here as you can, help people and they'll seek you out.

The best relationships in business aren't forced, they'll come to you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Find someone doing something where you can help and make a friend. Here, there or anywhere.
This beats having a paying client even.

When I wanted to "learn how to build websites" (cra@p goal btw), I lookied for a friend who needed help and made it personal.

If you haven't already, you might want to listen to this radio interview. It might help you reframe things:

Bach89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 24, 2016
You know who the best accountability partner is?

Yourself.

You don't need anybody to hold yourself accountable.

If you want it bad enough.

Go out and do it.
I'm gonna be completely honest here - and I apologize if this comes off as rude - but I can't stand bullshit answers like this. Not everybody is at the same mental level as one another and giving a preachy "You are your own accountability partner. Now go out and do it" doesn't do anything to help the OP whatsoever. As a former combat soldier, some one whose broken the 100k/visitors per day mark, as well as some one whose completely self-sufficient in just about every aspect of life, I can say that accountability, perseverance and drive do NOT happen overnight and some (most) people DO need coaching on it - regardless of what level you're at.

OP - I'd be happy to be your accountability partner. Hit me up on through PM and we can talk over skype.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
@Leo Hendrix @Bach89 I would also like to hear about what you are working on (without giving away secrets) and see if we would be a good fit as accountability partners. Maybe the three of us can meet together on a Skype call once a week?

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I can say that accountability, perseverance and drive do NOT happen overnight and some (most) people DO need coaching on it - regardless of what level you're at.

I never said it was easy or that it would happen overnight.

I just shared what worked for me.

Maybe I phrased it wrong?

I was procrastinating for a long time, looking for mentors, accountability partners and such.

I was looking for somebody holding my hand.

It was not until I decided to hold myself accountable, to hold my own hand, that I started making progress.

I learned to work with intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.

And suddenly I had people holding my hand - because I took action.

I also believe that you can only hold somebody else accountable for things if you can do it for yourself first.

But maybe I have the wrong idea of an accountability partner?

I certainly would draw a line between an AP and a mastermind, for instance.

NFT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Mar 14, 2017
Germany
Hey @Leo Hendrix @Bach89
Are you into Online Marketing, Website Design or Online Business in general?
BTW I am from Germany

Last edited:

Bach89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 24, 2016
@Leo Hendrix @Bach89 I would also like to hear about what you are working on (without giving away secrets) and see if we would be a good fit as accountability partners. Maybe the three of us can meet together on a Skype call once a week?

I own a digital agency - but that's means to an end. I also have two budding side projects that will be my "money trees" moving forward; significantly less work, can be outsourced for management, and have high end-game recurring revenue.

I never said it was easy or that it would happen overnight.

I just shared what worked for me.

Maybe I phrased it wrong?

I was procrastinating for a long time, looking for mentors, accountability partners and such.

I was looking for somebody holding my hand.

It was not until I decided to hold myself accountable, to hold my own hand, that I started making progress.

I learned to work with intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.

And suddenly I had people holding my hand - because I took action.

I also believe that you can only hold somebody else accountable for things if you can do it for yourself first.

But maybe I have the wrong idea of an accountability partner?

I certainly would draw a line between an AP and a mastermind, for instance.

I like that answer a lot more - I just wanted to point out that it's one of those "easier said than done" things. Hope my response didn't offend you.

Hey @Leo Hendrix @Bach89
Are you into Online Marketing, Website Design or Online Business in general?
BTW I am from Germany
I'm into (and directly involved with) all of those things :)

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
I would be up for organizing a weekly or bi-weekly session on Skype for members of the forum who have read both MTF and Unscripted . It could have a specific focus of talking about business ideas related to our field and accountability to ensure that members of the group are progressing forward in their business plan. I like this idea as an additional source of support for forum members and it is just another way of getting like-minded individuals together. If you are interested, let me know and I'll compile a list of people for our first session.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Get a paying client? They have a habit of holding you accountable to what you promised to deliver, and when you promised to deliver it...
It took me far longer than I want to admit to figure out that the biggest problem in terms of accountability and getting stuff done was me (not trashing the idea of a mastermind in the thread - just some personal insight..)

Whenever I had a client I would knuckle down and get on with it to meet their deadline. When it came to working on my own products, I'd discover months had gone past and I'd done nothing. I used to think it was because my idea wasn't right, I needed more knowledge.

It came down to one thing - self belief.

I did what was needed to be done for a client because they commissioned me to do it. They had the belief in me so I didn't need to.

Once I realised that and started to focus more on breaking down my projects into much smaller goals and getting the small wins, it built my confidence up and switched things around. Until then while I was in masterminds and had accountability partners neither were of value because I was lying through my teeth about what I'd done so I didn't feel more of a failure!

ironman150

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jun 22, 2017
GREEN BAY WI
It took me far longer than I want to admit to figure out that the biggest problem in terms of accountability and getting stuff done was me (not trashing the idea of a mastermind in the thread - just some personal insight..)

Whenever I had a client I would knuckle down and get on with it to meet their deadline. When it came to working on my own products, I'd discover months had gone past and I'd done nothing. I used to think it was because my idea wasn't right, I needed more knowledge.

It came down to one thing - self belief.

I did what was needed to be done for a client because they commissioned me to do it. They had the belief in me so I didn't need to.

Once I realised that and started to focus more on breaking down my projects into much smaller goals and getting the small wins, it built my confidence up and switched things around. Until then while I was in masterminds and had accountability partners neither were of value because I was lying through my teeth about what I'd done so I didn't feel more of a failure!
this is far wiser than I believe you think it is....or i really needed to read it...either way THANK YOU for sharing.

MidoMah

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 18, 2017
Qatar
Hi guys.

Is there anyone out there who needs or wants a seriously committed accountability partner?

I don't mind where you are at in your journey (And I hope you don't either)

The point of this post is to find some people here, (although it doesn't have to be a group)
where we can contact each other regularly as accountability partners.

Anything additional is a bonus e.g Masterminds.

Feel free to PM me or post.

Hey Leo, are you looking for an accountability partner who you can brainstorm with, get advice from, who will motivate you, hold you accountable, share ideas on how to be more productive etc. I am willing to be your accountability partner. I am looking for only 2 accountability partners so PM me or reply here as soon as possible.

rebel dude

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Oct 8, 2018
i am getting started on my fastlane journey and i would love to have an accountability partner
who help me to and guide me to take real action .we can help each other and start building our dreams
pm me if you are interested

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
i am getting started on my fastlane journey and i would love to have an accountability partner
who help me to and guide me to take real action .we can help each other and start building our dreams
pm me if you are interested
search @LightHouse
spend the money. get the best.

Rishi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 24, 2017
London
I'm gonna be completely honest here - and I apologize if this comes off as rude - but I can't stand bullshit answers like this. Not everybody is at the same mental level as one another and giving a preachy "You are your own accountability partner. Now go out and do it" doesn't do anything to help the OP whatsoever. As a former combat soldier, some one whose broken the 100k/visitors per day mark, as well as some one whose completely self-sufficient in just about every aspect of life, I can say that accountability, perseverance and drive do NOT happen overnight and some (most) people DO need coaching on it - regardless of what level you're at.

OP - I'd be happy to be your accountability partner. Hit me up on through PM and we can talk over skype.

Thanks for this - I'd love for some further insights regarding actually finding someone, or making a friend, to get this obstacle done.

Some people like me could study the night before an exam and do fairly well, not all could, I find it difficult without deadlines - but over time the actually joy of getting work done will replace that resistance. Its like going to the gym I guess, can't expect everyone to just 'get up and go, no excuses' immediately.

I thought this site would have an accountability section, but really getting that mindset established is my main goal.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Thanks for this - I'd love for some further insights regarding actually finding someone, or making a friend, to get this obstacle done.

Some people like me could study the night before an exam and do fairly well, not all could, I find it difficult without deadlines - but over time the actually joy of getting work done will replace that resistance. Its like going to the gym I guess, can't expect everyone to just 'get up and go, no excuses' immediately.

I thought this site would have an accountability section, but really getting that mindset established is my main goal.

what have you been doing for the last 2 years?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.