The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SEO Wartime - GOOGLE Bomb?

Marketing, social media, advertising

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Here is an interesting article that highlights some flaws that the Google Penguin update has introduced.

Should Matt Cutts be fired for the Penguin update?

Now, after reading that, this is what leaps out the page to me.

Google are opening up a whole can of worms with this.

If you want to take down a site you just spam thousands of crap links that link back to that site and goodbye competition.

Have they seriously thought about the implications of dirty [FONT=&quot]SEO[/FONT] tactics designed to take down other sites?

Snipe your competition instead of fighting it fairly. That is what 'Penguin' is offering.

[FONT=&quot]SEO[/FONT] Wartime. Say hello to the 'GOOGLE Bomb' technique

Thanks but no thanks google.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Good article. I posted a little something about this last week, but it's great to see that someone took the time to write a detailed article, highlighting a handful of examples (there's THOUSANDS more) of the spam that the penguin update caused to rise to the top and how it ruined the quality of search results in a lot of cases.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
So then, how long does Google historically take to fix such screw-ups and restore "order" if you will?

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Update: Was searching for a keyword using google just now, and noticed that the search results for positions 6-9 are all keyword stuffed and QUADRUPLE 301 redirects. I honestly don't even know how they do a quadruple 301 redirect. Is that considered cloaking??

So let's say I was searching for Shiny Red Boots, this is what basically came up in the search results:

Position 6.
Title: Shiny Red Boots - TotallyUnrelatedDomainName.com
Desc: Shiny Red Boots: Shiny Red Boots, Shiny Red Boots Store, Shiny Red Boot, Shiny Boot, Shiny Red Boots & Shiny Red Boot

Then when you click the link, it takes you to the URL in the Title, then redirects you to Website 2, then Website 3, then Website 4 (apparently they receive a commission from Website 4 if you sign up).

And the same thing for positions 7, 8, and 9.

Thank you Penguin for killing the search results. :fu:

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
People should just start buying thousands of spun article backlinks with the keyword "search engine" linking to Google, and continue doing so until Google drops to page 79 for that keyword. Haha.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
What a F$$k up! pardon my french

I spent allot of time effot and money getting my mothers online store to get up to first page. And now she is floating arround on pos 140.
It is a small ecommerce website and even though she heavily relys on Ebay (fortunately) her online story has taken a heavy blow!! There are rediculous non relevent things that are in front of her dedicated store that has a good reputation.

I hope they change this back again, soon. Why do we want wikipedia results coming up top for everything!!!

Entrepking

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 24, 2012
The algorithm is getting a little bit silly in its old age. In order to weed out certain unsavory tactics they are creating totally new ones. But hey, they are Google, they are our rulers. Adapt or die.

As far as taking down other sites, that's kind of a funny idea. The probably don't think people would spend the time to spam links to a different site or they completely missed it. I am morbidly curious as to whether or not this would actually work.

I've heard of many sites receiving penalties for various reasons, many of which use purely white hat practices.

Good luck getting a higher page rank that multinational corporations even if your product is superior. Perhaps the internet is also becoming subject to corporatism.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.