The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SEO the fastlane way

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
Before I start, this involves spamming (legal, not email spam). If that goes against your values, please don't read this thread :smxB:

Personally I don't have a problem with it because 99% of the spammed websites are autoblogs or forum profiles, both won't get any interested human visitors anyway.

1. Look at your competitors. If you want to beat them match/beat them on as many variables as possible like backlinks, pagerank, domain age etc

2. Build your links. I don't do anything by hand, I seriously can't be bothered building links by hand. How do I do this? Automation

2.1 Get something for profile creation. I use backlinksgenie, but there are a lot of other services as well. If you want you can also buy xrumer.

2.2 Get scrapebox. Cheap and multitalent.

Build a few web 2.0 properties (I do it via backlinksgenie, but this can be done manually). Make sure you keep posting content a few times, otherwise it's easy to get banned from the hosts.

Build a lot (thousands and thousands) of backlinks to your web 2.0 websites. Make a good mix of comments and forum profiles.

You can also build some directly, but build slowly to your main website or you might get sandboxed.

Then get your forum profiles indexed. I do this by using scrapebox to build backlinks to the profile pages.

I did that with a new website, 2 weeks after starting I had over 500 backlinks showing up, even though I built most backlinks towards the web 2.0 sites.
Now I'm rank 2/3 for my keywords, only behind competitors with PR2. This will be easy to overcome by building internal pages on the website to increase my own pagerank.

Now, if necessary, you can do some manual backlinking to supplement your automation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Hehe, too fast to talk about it :) Wait for a year, then we'll start to see whether you still maintain the position.

I started the new website 2 weeks ago. So all good ;)

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Hey pat, do you mind sharing some 2.0 sites that are like squidoo and hubpages?

I know their are thousands of 2.0 sites but Im looking for some that are like squidoo and hubpages.
Care to Share?

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
Hehe, too fast to talk about it :) Wait for a year, then we'll start to see whether you still maintain the position.

True, I'm sure this method may be questionable in the long run, but won't manual backlinking be just as speculative? This is actually considered greyhat last time I checked and pretty common.

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
True, I'm sure this method may be questionable in the long run, but won't manual backlinking be just as speculative? This is actually considered greyhat last time I checked and pretty common.

Yes this is nothing spectacular. Just basic non-whitehat, has been around for a long time and works really well for a lot of people. I just wanted to offer an alternative to the standard "build quality content and write relevant blogcomments".

I got a few more advanced tricks up my sleeve if the competition is strong. If anyone is really interested in advanced SEO I recommend bluehatseo.com

Scuderia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 13, 2011
Australia
Google Panda specifically targets this kind of backlinking. Every man and dog is doing it because its 'easy' your site will eventually be slapped. And its soo obvious for google to identify this strategy.

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
Google Panda specifically targets this kind of backlinking. Every man and dog is doing it because its 'easy' your site will eventually be slapped. And its soo obvious for google to identify this strategy.

Sure. If you believe Matt Cutts and ignore the real life examples ;)

My site won't be slapped because otherwise it would be easy to just slap all your competitors sites instead. If anything the links won't give any linkjuice at all, but that's obviously not the case.

There is slowlane and fastlane in SEO as well.

But who am I to argue, if you get something out of the post great, if not, well just ignore it :)

The Intrepid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2011
I'm going to chime in:

Me: High ranking finance site for keywords w/ over 130,000 exact searches a month.

My advice: Build out a large authority site and get sponsored links from authority websites. Get Yahoo Directory, Get BOTW, Get DMOZ (if you can), Get Business.com. Get guest posts on relevant high PRd blogs, syndicate press releases through PR Newswire, get social w/ facebook-twitter-reddit-digg-google +1...

I launched one of my sites this year in January and went from nothing to ranking for many of my terms (some of the most competitive finance terms) while going from PR N/A to PR 4 for the homepage and PR 3 for many subpages.

I used to think like the OP using my xrumer license, scrapebox on a VPS, and spinning content but those sites took hits with the last two updates.

P.S. In regards to bluehatseo I do business w/ Eli and while I respect what the blog says I wouldn't recommend it for the 2011 SE environment.

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
I'm going to chime in:

Me: High ranking finance site for keywords w/ over 130,000 exact searches a month.

My advice: Build out a large authority site and get sponsored links from authority websites. Get Yahoo Directory, Get BOTW, Get DMOZ (if you can), Get Business.com. Get guest posts on relevant high PRd blogs, syndicate press releases through PR Newswire, get social w/ facebook-twitter-reddit-digg-google +1...

I launched one of my sites this year in January and went from nothing to ranking for many of my terms (some of the most competitive finance terms) while going from PR N/A to PR 4 for the homepage and PR 3 for many subpages.

I used to think like the OP using my xrumer license, scrapebox on a VPS, and spinning content but those sites took hits with the last two updates.

P.S. In regards to bluehatseo I do business w/ Eli and while I respect what the blog says I wouldn't recommend it for the 2011 SE environment.

I completely agree. That's the best way of doing it for a big site.

But on the other hand I think it's overkill for small sites like for small businesses etc. What's your strategy there?

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
The other the fact that has really been pointed out here is that your money site has to have real value. If you can't keep visitors on the site eventually your rankings will suffer. As far as building backlinks, I'd much rather have a real person in Malaysia building them for $3 an hour than use any piece of software. It's worked well for me for years and all I ever have to do is to give her an update of the words and site I want backlinks for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.