The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

SEO + SaaS = Trust the process?

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)

Should I continue growing the site?

• Total voters

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The tool I built a few days ago is already the page with the most impressions. So I'm going to continue building more tools. I believe tools can have positive effects when it comes to engagement time and could also be potentially link magnets. It's sometimes even easier to build a tool than to write a long piece of content. Perhaps I should start building tools as freelancer? Really enjoying the work.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Today is Saturday but that doesn't mean I can't make progress. The competition doesn't sleep I guess.

Day 15/100
  • published 3 new articles
  • improved the structure of the site
  • updated the homepage and linked to subtopics

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
currently only publishing one article per day because I increased length of the articles. I feel google likes it more when different aspects of a topic are covered. I personally don't like it in the SERPs when I land on a long article and have to look for the information within it but I guess that's what Google prefers and so we have to play along as webmasters.

I'm also looking into paid ads again at the moment, so not spending to much time on the page. Just one article a day to keep the growth trajectory.

Day 18/100
  • published one new article

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
I have seen a lot of pages are now around position 10. Is it normal to have such clustering between the first and second page. It feels like google is testing if my pages are good enough for the first page or not. Any good ideas to push it up a bit? I'm just imaging the traffic I will get when they are finally on page 1.

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria
I have seen a lot of pages are now around position 10. Is it normal to have such clustering between the first and second page. It feels like google is testing if my pages are good enough for the first page or not. Any good ideas to push it up a bit? I'm just imaging the traffic I will get when they are finally on page 1.
Are you building links?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Are you building links?
Not yet. It started essentially as an experiment to see if you can rank and get traffic without any links. However, I feel now it's time to build some links too. What's the best way to build my first links? I thought about having some linkable content like infographics and then running some paid ads for it. Does it work like that?

Just checked my site in semrush (it's possible to check 10 sites for free per day) and it looks already super exponential. Real traffic is almost 3k per day so the 856 estimate is a bit off though.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 14.29.15.png

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The site reached a new high ... it's crazy how predictable the performance is. Never seen this on any other channel. With social and other channels it's always a big mess and fluctuations. Here it's just a smooth ride. 5.5k/day now.

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 11.39.34.png

AmppaDamppa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 7, 2022
The site reached a new high ... it's crazy how predictable the performance is. Never seen this on any other channel. With social and other channels it's always a big mess and fluctuations. Here it's just a smooth ride. 5.5k/day now.

View attachment 44139
Nice job it just keeps climbing! How old is the site?

PS. The estimate isn't that off with SEMrush even when it always is a bit because that purple line is impressions, not traffic. Anyways, when impressions grow, so does traffic.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Nice job it just keeps climbing! How old is the site?

PS. The estimate isn't that off with SEMrush even when it always is a bit because that purple line is impressions, not traffic. Anyways, when impressions grow, so does traffic.
It's now 130 days since the first impression. I don't think time is a very important factor though. The old saying that SEO takes 12-24 months is probably some BS invented by SEO agencies to keep their clients longer while doing nothing ... when I see "seo case studies" were the graph is going sideways than I'm thinking who is paying for that.

Also it doesn't make any sense: Let's say you have the best content for a topic ... why would google wait 2 years to rank it? Completely illogical and it seems most things google does are actually based on logic. Opposed to how most other companies operate. I guess that's why Alphabet is one of biggest companies in the world. As a proud shareholder I can't wait for the stock split.

The real bottleneck is how much excellent content you can produce and that is very time consuming. It takes 10-20x longer to write an excellent piece of content than an average piece of content. And that doesn't include the additions:
  • breadcrumbs
  • FAQs
  • images, infographics, alt tags ...
  • videos
  • tools
  • translations
  • canonicals
I'm not even on a good level I would say ... there is still 10x potential to improve. Have to go from ok to good, then to great and then to excellent. I manage to produce 1 piece of content per day and that's already really exhausting.

It's like a rabbit hole. Once I completed one piece of content there are 10 more ideas in my head. It is limitless.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
What I'm trying to say: I could have got the results much quicker if I would have known what I'm doing. But I guess that's the learning experience and valuable domain knowledge. In the chart you can see the site going sideways for 2 months or so, that's when I got demotivated and gave up temporarily. I could have pushed 10x harder and achieved much more in the same time frame.

Think like a stoic and do what you can control: Produce as much 1A content as you can and then let the machines do the work. (algos ranking the content)

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The site hit 100k impressions in the last 28 days :)

Day 19/100

• Fixed all mobile usability issues (mostly content wider than screen caused by wide tables ... split them up into multiple tables and it improved appearance also on desktop a lot)
  • added a ton of FAQs - total is now over 500 and goal is to reach 1k
  • posted one new article today

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore