The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Senate Democrats propose canceling $10,000 in student debt for all borrowers amid coronavirus

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
This concerns politics so I am not sure if it is off limits on this forum, but it is a big enough idea that I figured it was worth mentioning.

This could just be a PR stunt where they expect the Republicans to shut it down and the democrats can talk about how they tried.

But if it is sincere, does anyone else get the feeling that there is something horrible behind this? Like either the situation around the coronavirus is more dire than we know, or there is just some nefarious scheme attached to this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
But if it is sincere, does anyone else get the feeling that there is something horrible behind this? Like either the situation around the coronavirus is more dire than we know, or there is just some nefarious scheme attached to this?
Best guess: they're trying to get people more comfortable about buying shit in an attempt to further prop up the market?

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
This concerns politics so I am not sure if it is off limits on this forum, but it is a big enough idea that I figured it was worth mentioning.

This could just be a PR stunt where they expect the Republicans to shut it down and the democrats can talk about how they tried.

I don't believe the folks with $10k school debt are in trouble. Depending on income I think the issues come in to people with $30k and up in debt. And yes people signed the note, but the rules around these loans and the way they work border on indentured servitude where the passage is a college education instead of a ship ride.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
They expect this to go on for 18 months. They've already put rates to 0 and are talking about helicopter money. What are they going to do when unemployment and inflation skyrocket ?

I still owe a bit on my student loans. Guess I'd be a moron to continue paying.

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Please include me in the beneficiaries.

That is pure politics, by the way, it's not happening. It may be to appease Sanders base so he can bow out!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
They expect this to go on for 18 months. They've already put rates to 0 and are talking about helicopter money. What are they going to do when unemployment and inflation skyrocket ?

My thoughts exactly

Gr8FUL

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jan 22, 2020

Definitely sounds fishy, the whole thing wreaks. Neither party ever gives up something for nothing. Traditionally they like to give you something in your right hand and take it from you in your left hand

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014

Exactly -- I paid off $40k in private loans last year (for a degree I didn't even finish), but I refuse to pay off the $10k in government student loans I have because of all this talk of the government canceling student loan debt, even before the coronavirus.

If I paid it off and immediately afterwards, they decided to erase this debt, I (and I'm sure many others) would be quite pissed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.