The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling my music catalog and international character for US $1.5 billion. Critique?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I'm selling my music catalog of approximately 800 original songs along with the international character Wisztrock. These songs have been listed to by people in about 150 countries. I am also blending social change aspects with the music along with the wisdom of humanity. You can see the website and hear some music at:

Music (not all 800 songs):

What do you think?
I'll buy it all for the price you asked in my newly created currency. I value it as a future value of regular currency, just much higher, for every 1 USD my newCSD is worth $1Trillion. Based on this transaction, I want you to wire me the difference. One day newCSD will be worth $2Trillion in the future because of 10% annual growth and you'll be the richest person in the world because you did this transaction with me. You are welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Your youtube profile and website mention that you are an elf. Have you checked with other elves to see if they're interested in purchasing your catalog of music?

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
I'm selling my music catalog of approximately 800 original songs along with the international character Wisztrock. These songs have been listed to by people in about 150 countries. I am also blending social change aspects with the music along with the wisdom of humanity. You can see the website and hear some music at:

What do you think?

… as you have been crashing random forums for years now, asking people what they think of your music - and not listening to their negative comments - I think it might be wise to consult a psychiatrist. Especially because you are asking a billion dollars for music that will not sell for even a few dollars.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
In 2012 Wisztrock performed for over 1 billion - 1 billion strands of wheat! The pure peace and love at that show has never been equaled. The theme that resulted from it was the profound message: "The best time to treat people right is when they're alive!"

This historic show is called "Wheatstock" and is a blueprint for how peaceful and loving the world can be! Imagine over 1 billion coming together for peace, love and music and having nothing but peace, love and music!
At the end of Wheatstock the strands of wheat presented Wisztrock with their own message: "You don't know how great you are, but we do. And we love you!"

Am I the only person who found the website F*cking hilarious? There are so many passages like these, like the idea of buying quality headphones for $30 to listen to this poorly produced music (which fits my taste, actually) or how laughter makes the rectum vibrate.

This is clearly an elaborate troll, along the lines of Eric Andre. If the OP disagrees with this assessment, it'll be even greater proof in my eyes because some of the best trolls do it completely seriously and unironically.

My suggestion: make a video of you approaching music execs and catalogue investors with the offer you've made here. I'd watch it.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
1. Bob Dylan recently sold his entire catalog for an estimated $300 million. That is believed to be the largest such deal. You want four times that.

2. Are you the same guy that is also a broker and having problems negotiating?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
If it works great. If it doesn't at least I had fun recording the songs (on my desk with old cheap portable headphones as a mic going into a desktop) and

Yup, this is how business works. I’m going to start a business and if it works, great I’d sell it for $1.5 billion. If not, oh well.
I literally had people all over the world write me and tell me how much they enjoyed it.
Sounds like it’s worth at least $10.
One person wanted me to be in a film they were making. A couple people wanted to form a band with me. A few people even asked for the lyrics! I definitely see this as a potential and maybe others will, too.
I didn’t want to say it at first. But since you’ve provided no backup to your 10% return claim, I can go ahead and label you delusional.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
You've got quite an impressive output.

The songs themselves are played well.

If you started re-recording the songs so they are well engineered (all your songs have noise all over them), and releasing a music video for each song, you could probably do more than 99% of all other musicians.

I doubt you'd get the $1.5b you'er after, but there's a chance you could get a career of some sorts from it. Or at least a very fun side gig.

D

Deleted85763

How you come up with 2 million a song and are you actually an international pop superstar? I say this as I'm a music event promoter and when I come across an artist who uses lingo like this, the first thing I do is try to find evidence to back it and when can't (which is 100% of the time), I just cross off the name and go to next.

The whole concept is based on the future. It's like investing in The Beatles in 1960. It's the potential.

The price is based on what I estimate the annual average net income for the next 10 years could be at a 10% return.

Wisztrock has been listened to by people in approximately 150 countries and has the potential to be an international superstar.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The price is based on what I estimate the annual average net income for the next 10 years could be at a 10% return.

Wisztrock has been listened to by people in approximately 150 countries and has the potential to be an international superstar.
Can you please do this math for us? I don’t understand. Are you saying someone that buys this for $1.5b will make $150m a year for the next 10 years?

D

Deleted85763

1. Bob Dylan recently sold his entire catalog for an estimated $300 million. That is believed to be the largest such deal. You want four times that.

2. Are you the same guy that is also a broker and having problems negotiating?

Bob Dylan is terrible. Wisztrock is better, by any standard.

Yes, I am involved with buying and selling but it wasn't my problem negotiating, if you read what happened.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 11, 2019
No one believed The Beatles would amount to anything. In fact they were told by a major record company that "guitar music is on the way out". The value of Wisztrock is in the future. Just like some companies do not have profits for years yet the stock is worth billions.
I get your point, but there must be tangible/objective indicators that prove "the potential".

Are you listed on all the major music streaming platforms, how many listeners do you have there, have you sold any singles/albums before?

I'm a copywriter, now working on a project where I have to write two extensive books, so you can assume I'm a decent long-form writer. Do you think I could write 6-book-series and sell them to a publisher for a humble 100k each? I really believe they're the next Harry Potter and 100k is really not much for Harry Potter, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making fun of you, I simply want you to look from the right perspective. You can't go to a billionaire investor and say: "ThIs Is BeAtLeS" or "way better than 11-grammy-awarded Bob Dylan". Am I the only one to whom this sounds absolutely delusional?

Just as any other business would, you need to have a proven concept. Businesses have to show accounting sheets for several years behind, can you at least document all the listeners you've had from the 150+ countries?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Yes I’m sure yours it’s just like those companies.

why not cash out for say $500m instead, it would be a win win for everyone.

I think it would be better to just offer him 250k a year as an in-house music producer and have him churn a song a day versus owing the whole catalogue outright. In 3 years get to 800 songs and only cost 750k, just saved 1,499,250,000.

Robert would you pass up 250k a year to produce music at this point in your life?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Am I the only person who found the website f*cking hilarious? There are so many passages like these, like the idea of buying quality headphones for $30 to listen to this poorly produced music (which fits my taste, actually) or how laughter makes the rectum vibrate.

This is clearly an elaborate troll, along the lines of Eric Andre. If the OP disagrees with this assessment, it'll be even greater proof in my eyes because some of the best trolls do it completely seriously and unironically.

My suggestion: make a video of you approaching music execs and catalogue investors with the offer you've made here. I'd watch it.

Seems obvious to me too. I don't get why anyone is taking it seriously.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Wait! I'm not a troll. Did you read what I wrote above? The website was intentionally created in a whimsical style with actual wisdom of the world weaved in. It is supposed to illustrate the creative process, particularly in the crazy world of music. Listen, Jon Anderson of the band Yes thinks he's elf! So why can't I? Oh, because I'm not rich and famous like him. I get it. You only accept it when someone "makes it big". Many people behave this way.

I understand. I do know something about how the world works. Did you see in the website the method of which Thomas Edison operated on, the method that discovered the light bulb and phonograph? I have followed that method and have succeed wildly in marketing but so far not in music to date, other than having listeners in 149 countries. - but to think I would give up because a few or a few billion people say I'm not good, I'm a troll or delusional (I like that) will never happen.

My suggestion still stands. I want to see you pitch your offer to real music industry people and I'd love to see what they say.

Are your songs worth more than Bob Dylan's, and if so, how?

I also don't think your music is bad, it's just poorly produced. To someone like me, who loves stoner/psych/prog stuff, that's not really a bad thing.

Maybe you're not a troll and are just far out. Jon Anderson is far out. But I can't shake the feeling that you don't actually want to be taken seriously, and that those who do are falling for an elaborate practical joke.

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
My suggestion still stands. I want to see you pitch your offer to real music industry people and I'd love to see what they say.

Are your songs worth more than Bob Dylan's, and if so, how?

I also don't think your music is bad, it's just poorly produced. To someone like me, who loves stoner/psych/prog stuff, that's not really a bad thing.

Maybe you're not a troll and are just far out. Jon Anderson is far out. But I can't shake the feeling that you don't actually want to be taken seriously, and that those who do are falling for an elaborate practical joke.
You put stoner in the same bracket as ... Prog???

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
How you come up with 2 million a song and are you actually an international pop superstar? I say this as I'm a music event promoter and when I come across an artist who uses lingo like this, the first thing I do is try to find evidence to back it and when can't (which is 100% of the time), I just cross off the name and go to next.

D

Deleted85763

… as you have been crashing random forums for years now, asking people what they think of your music - and not listening to their negative comments - I think it might be wise to consult a psychiatrist. Especially because you are asking a billion dollars for music that will not sell for even a few dollars.
Thank you for the good laugh. What it is all about is being totally whimsical but at the same time encompassing real wisdom. It's about the truth that one can change the world. At least I'm doing something. There are plenty of creators who complain, or even cry, that they have "not made it" yet they do nothing to get the word out. Nothing. Some even don't have any creations (music, writing, sculpture, etc.) to show! Talk about needing a psychiatrist. These people need a brain!

Oh, and in all seriousness, some of the principles on the Wisztrock are in fact wisdom of the world. I have used the methods successfully including doing business deals with one of the world's richest families. That is true. The principles do work. The Wisztrock opportunity is about future fortune and getting in now.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted85763

Gosh... While I do not know how the music industry works, I'm curious about math as @biophase pointed out.

How did you arrive at a 1.5 billion valuation? Aren't there aspiring musicians who never really sell anything and produce songs just as good? Adding to that, if someone would buy your catalog, they would do so because they are already popular and can be used to make money. You have literary sub 200 subscribers on YouTube, there's no marketing potential at all currently.

By all means, go for it, and I hope it works out, but when you talk "billions", I believe many people expect more than what you have...
No one believed The Beatles would amount to anything. In fact they were told by a major record company that "guitar music is on the way out". The value of Wisztrock is in the future. Just like some companies do not have profits for years yet the stock is worth billions.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 11, 2019
Wait! I'm not a troll. Did you read what I wrote above? The website was intentionally created in a whimsical style with actual wisdom of the world weaved in. It is supposed to illustrate the creative process, particularly in the crazy world of music. Listen, Jon Anderson of the band Yes thinks he's elf! So why can't I? Oh, because I'm not rich and famous like him. I get it. You only accept it when someone "makes it big". Many people behave this way.

I understand. I do know something about how the world works. Did you see in the website the method of which Thomas Edison operated on, the method that discovered the light bulb and phonograph? I have followed that method and have succeed wildly in marketing but so far not in music to date, other than having listeners in 149 countries. - but to think I would give up because a few or a few billion people say I'm not good, I'm a troll or delusional (I like that) will never happen.
Can you prove at least that? I also feel like you're not being serious, so how about you provide some proof for what you've said here?

You're an elf who dines with billionaires and wildly succeeds in marketing, yet you're selling 800 songs recorded with cheap headphones. You're somehow just as good as the legendary Beatles and superior to 11-Grammy-awarded Bob Dylan.

But have you made 1 dollar with your music?

The value of your music is exactly 0 as you have provided zero proof for having ever had any listeners (apart from your unimpressive YouTube channel), not even considering that you haven't sold anything yet. There are hundreds of thousands of musicians who have dozens and hundreds of singles that will never be heard by the masses, you now look just like any of them, but with a touch of insanity as you have made not 5 not 15, not even 50, but 800 songs...

If you're a troll, you've nailed this! If you're not, you should visit a mental health expert.

P.S. You can also show some proof and math behind your superior potential and currently delusional valuation.

D

Deleted85763

Can you prove at least that? I also feel like you're not being serious, so how about you provide some proof for what you've said here?

You're an elf who dines with billionaires and wildly succeeds in marketing, yet you're selling 800 songs recorded with cheap headphones. You're somehow just as good as the legendary Beatles and superior to 11-Grammy-awarded Bob Dylan.

But have you made 1 dollar with your music?

The value of your music is exactly 0 as you have provided zero proof for having ever had any listeners (apart from your unimpressive YouTube channel), not even considering that you haven't sold anything yet. There are hundreds of thousands of musicians who have dozens and hundreds of singles that will never be heard by the masses, you now look just like any of them, but with a touch of insanity as you have made not 5 not 15, not even 50, but 800 songs...

If you're a troll, you've nailed this! If you're not, you should visit a mental health expert.

P.S. You can also show some proof and math behind your superior potential and currently delusional valuation.

Youtube has indicated I have listeners from 149 countries. They also indicate I have about 56,700 views. This is proven, if youtube is correct.

As I indicated this is an undervalued investment. You generally do not make a fortune buying things that everyone knows the worth of. What's the worth of Wisztrock? The music and character were intentionally created to be whimsical, to do the impossible. And you can tell by the wisdom in parts of the website that there is something "true" about it and that it can be done. There's no doubt about that.

If you listen to the music you can find very specific time periods of classical music elements. Well, that is if you know classical music. If you don't, no problem. Just enjoy the music. There is an intelligence there but then there's also fantastical nonsense in the lyrics and website text. Text that talks about moving the world to the 3rd stage of social evolution. That's not nonsense. It's happening now and Wisztrock can be the catalyst. An investor can own the character and all the rights that go with it.

Oh, and Bob Dylan? You think he has a good voice. I don't. Anyone who does is delusional! If he can get rich and famous in music Wisztrock can too. But there's something you might want to know. I lived in a house that Bob Dylan stayed at and played in. That is true.

Last edited by a moderator:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
D

Deleted85763

What do you think?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 11, 2019
Gosh... While I do not know how the music industry works, I'm curious about math as @biophase pointed out.

How did you arrive at a 1.5 billion valuation? Aren't there aspiring musicians who never really sell anything and produce songs just as good? Adding to that, if someone would buy your catalog, they would do so because they are already popular and can be used to make money. You have literary sub 200 subscribers on YouTube, there's no marketing potential at all currently.

By all means, go for it, and I hope it works out, but when you talk "billions", I believe many people expect more than what you have...

D

Deleted85763

I get your point, but there must be tangible/objective indicators that prove "the potential".

Are you listed on all the major music streaming platforms, how many listeners do you have there, have you sold any singles/albums before?

I'm a copywriter, now working on a project where I have to write two extensive books, so you can assume I'm a decent long-form writer. Do you think I could write 6-book-series and sell them to a publisher for a humble 100k each? I really believe they're the next Harry Potter and 100k is really not much for Harry Potter, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making fun of you, I simply want you to look from the right perspective. You can't go to a billionaire investor and say: "ThIs Is BeAtLeS" or "way better than 11-grammy-awarded Bob Dylan". Am I the only one to whom this sounds absolutely delusional?

Just as any other business would, you need to have a proven concept. Businesses have to show accounting sheets for several years behind, can you at least document all the listeners you've had from the 150+ countries?
Like I said, it's whimsical but I am in fact doing something in my own way. That's all that matters. The Harry Potter author was on the dole I believe. I know she's 1 in millions but you never know if you don't try.

If it works great. If it doesn't at least I had fun recording the songs (on my desk with old cheap portable headphones as a mic going into a desktop) and I literally had people all over the world write me and tell me how much they enjoyed it. One person wanted me to be in a film they were making. A couple people wanted to form a band with me. A few people even asked for the lyrics! I definitely see this as a potential and maybe others will, too.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
so how am I going to make my 1.5b back? 1500b streams at a $1 cpm? Or at 2m a song I guess each song gets 2b listens?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Bob Dylan is terrible. Wisztrock is better, by any standard.

Yes, I am involved with buying and selling but it wasn't my problem negotiating, if you read what happened.

yeah you tried to be a middle man and gave the company you were buying from the details of the company you were selling to and then got confused when they cut you out of the deal. That’s about as delusional as this thread.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.