• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

"Selling is more imprtant than coding!"

Discussion in 'Lessons from Success/Failure' started by Rickson9, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Rickson9

Rickson9 Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,498
    5 people like this.
  2. houseofcards

houseofcards New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Most (at least 90 %) of these succes stories and these self made millionaires come from the internet. So if you are not a tech guy in this day and age good luck to you.

3. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,340
    I am impressed he is making that much money out of wordpress themes. Pretty cool story. Thanks for sharing.

4. AndrewNC

AndrewNC Limitless Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $66,867
    That single deal gave me tremendous confident, and I learned 2 things which changed my entire course of future actions.

Firstly – I thought, If he can sell the same piece of softwares, which I can’t sell. I am doing something entirely wrong.
    Secondly – I learned that “Selling is more important that Coding”. If you had the best software product out there but you don’t have any buyers, your developed products are worthles

But does he still build the software as well?

5. DeletedUser2

DeletedUser2 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    Bullshit.
    you can make money in land,
    real estate
    retail
    transportation,
    logistics
    wholesale
    ect ect ect

the internet is a very efficient channel to sell stuff, BUT it is only 1 channel.
    billions are made on tv, radio, and direct mail, and B2B contacts.

If someone wants to make money, there a a million ways. pick one. if your on the internet, reading this, of course your going to see stories of people making money online. if your having business lunches with people in the real world, you will hear about OTHER ways people make money, minus the internet

you may want to look at that limited thinking your carrying around. at some point, if you put it down, it may open up alot of other possibilities for you.

Z

Zulu, Enki, JackEdwards and 11 others like this.
  6. InMotion

InMotion Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $700
    Thanks for pointing this out. Before a couple of years ago, I never knew anyone personally that made their money online; only know a couple today, the vast majority are all offline. Once you discover what ZenD is pointing out, its hard to focus on what you want to tackle, almost to a paralyzing degree.

2 people like this.
  7. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,340
    And this is why most people will never make millions... just too many ways to get there. Great input.

1 person likes this.
  8. andviv

Rep Bank:
    $3,340
    At the end of the article there is a link to his site, so I assume they still do the wordpress themes and he is probably involved, don't you think?

9. houseofcards

houseofcards New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Thanks zen*******. Yea I know lots of things I got to work on but you are right millions ways out there to make money just have to find a way.

10. jacob

jacob New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Great article, I think I should also try sticking a note to motivate me. I feel very lazy even though I earn, I have lots of free time and all I do is waste it to things that won’t earn me something. I think I need to do things that can help me earn beside from what I'm earning now.

11. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $13,766
    Making money, I've found, is nothing more than the result of convincing other people that what you offer is valued.

If you have other people, or machines, to do that convincing (which is selling) for you, then the game changes. It often becomes easier.

1 person likes this.
  12. vtlambo

vtlambo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $150
    Hustle.

Your salespeople hustle.

13. fsna.hartley

fsna.hartley New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $35
    Thank you for sharing this very inspiring story. I am no good when it comes to programming or designing but I know I can do some stuff that can make me earn for a living so I guess this story tells me that if you have the talent to do something you have to explore and enjoy everything about it.

14. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $25,157
    Bull shit. People with a 1m net worth come mostly from the slowlane. I could not even retire on 1m.

Now lets talk about people that have a net worth as 10 or or more million. These people are entrepreneurs. I know many 10+ millionaires, only one was the internet involved in his fortune. Sales is FAR more important. The right kind of client and a steady amount of them is a huge factor.

You make it sound like it is all luck to make a million dollars. It IS NOT LUCK. There are surefire 100% ways of making 1m dollars.

4 people like this.
  15. andviv

Rep Bank:
    $3,340
    I'd love to hear more about these millionaires...

Would you mind sharing a short story of each?

That would be VERY valuable.

1 person likes this.
  16. odihost

odihost New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $42
    In Neeraj Agarwal | About Me he said about creating product.

During the end of my graduation, I thought, I should move on to some products business. The main reason I shifted my focus from Service to Products was because I learned that you can make a good amount of money selling products to multiple customers, which you can’t possibly do in the Service Industry where you need to have a one on one attention.

What do you think of that? Creating product is better than Service? What if you hire more people?

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.