The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling digital products in the health and fitness niche

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
A

ANON29512

I'm starting this thread to share my journey of building my 2nd business - a vegan health and fitness website in Hungary. It a digital goods based business, so I do not do any physical products. Unlike the first business which was a family business, this one is all solo. It's just me.

Quick history recap in bullet points:
  • Started in mid March 2017
  • I put up a few videos on youtube (content marketing) until the end of the month
  • I decided: Let's do a video a day in April
  • I managed to do about 9 in 9 days, then stopped
  • I created an opt-in form, a lead magnet and a nurture sequence
  • Decided to try FB ads as my YT channel failed to get significan traction (about 35 subs)
  • I got traffic to my lead magnet
  • FB ads consistently got me 30-70 subs a day to this day at about 0.10$ conversion or 0.03 CPC
  • As of May 10th I got 980 subscribers on my list in about 23 days
  • I created a 1 week vegan weight loss meal plan and sent it our to a list of 570 warmed up leads
  • Made 3 sales of 10$ = 30$ (yay!)
So here I am currently.

I'm helping my target market lose weight and optionally gain muscle on a vegan diet. Pretty niche market in a niche market (Hungary).

My monetary goals are to get to at least 1-1.5k of semi-passive income (which is a liveable income in Hungary and SE Asia), preferably 3k. I don't do services and I only sell digital products due to the fact that I want to create a location independent business.

My intentions are to 1) Learn the ropes of this kind of digital business 2) Get to the income level needed to be autonomous (at least 1-3k / mo) 3) Then see if I want to grow / expand this business or focus on personal development or start another, similar business in a different niche / market (that I'd like more).

Current situation:
  • In the last 3 weeks I barely posted any content, I did a few live streams cooking food on my FB page. FB ads kept my list, FB and YT following growing.
  • I've got a buttload of emails with people talking about their problems, so I'm going to 1) Go into video creation mode to answer them 2) Create more freebies 3) Create more products.
  • I'm remarketing to the people who didn't buy my product.

I know I sound very decisive, but I'm actually not that focused super human that I sound like now. This writing / journaling does help though give clarity.

Notes / ideas:
  • I'm pretty happy that I broke the (sales) ice, but I was a bit disappointed too - honestly I was expecting more sales from my list of 570 warmed up leads. But hopefully remarketing will get me some more clients.
  • I'd would be nice to publish a video daily again, but I have to abandoned the old process of video creation that's too tome consuming.
  • I've got about 100-150$ ad cost, Convertkit is 29$ (soon 39$ / mo) and lead pages is 37$.
  • Any ideas on how to monetize this audiance is welcome

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Quick question - you say you had a lead magnet out there already. Is this tied into the main digital products you're now selling and are they mentioned in the lead magnet? If they're not then my advice would be get a new lead magnet out there that does just that. It doesn't have to salesy or pushy, but just by mentioning in the lead magnet that pushes the 3 Reasons You're Struggling To Stay Healthy As A Vegan to the product that is the 10 Guaranteed Steps To Turn Around Your Health in 12 Weeks you're going to get some super warm leads much more likely to convert.

A

ANON29512

Quick question - you say you had a lead magnet out there already. Is this tied into the main digital products you're now selling and are they mentioned in the lead magnet? If they're not then my advice would be get a new lead magnet out there that does just that. It doesn't have to salesy or pushy, but just by mentioning in the lead magnet that pushes the 3 Reasons You're Struggling To Stay Healthy As A Vegan to the product that is the 10 Guaranteed Steps To Turn Around Your Health in 12 Weeks you're going to get some super warm leads much more likely to convert.

The lead magnet is a mini-ebook with "10 high protein recipe ideas" and the product is a 1 week weight loss meal plan(template) with 2 additional few minute instructional videos to customize it as an extra bonus. It's meant as a tripwire product, not a main product. I don't have any other products yet.

Also, I haven't mentioned my product in my lead magnet (my product being relased 3 days ago). Gonna put it in it first of all. Thanks for the advice! :)

Hostile17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 13, 2013
  • I've got a buttload of emails with people talking about their problems, so I'm going to 1) Go into video creation mode to answer them 2) Create more freebies 3) Create more products.

This is great. Use the most common problem as a starting point for your next lead magnet (maybe even your next product, if it turns out that your current product doesn't address it). I'd use their own words for creating the titles/selling points of these things. We usually phrase things differently than our customers would, it's important to reflect their own words back to them because that's how they describe the problems they have and the solutions they want -- even if that's not necessarily what you're offering. (Ex. you're offering a comprehensive business course but telling the audience it's for "getting more sales" because that's the main problem they face. You're still solving their problem, but you're promising it in a way they'd phrase it.)

I'm remarketing to the people who didn't buy my product.

I'd recommend asking them what you can help them with instead of remarketing. If you get them talking you'll find out what their real problems are and possibly why they didn't buy your stuff the first time around. But I don't know enough about your situation and your subscribers.

This could also help you edit/revise your lead magnet with something more attractive. You didn't specify if this was the title, but "10 high protein recipe ideas" as a title sounds like you're emphasizing the feature rather than the benefit, when it's the benefit that people really want (Ex. feature = 10 healthy recipes, benefit = 10 recipes that will give you 6 pack abs, 10 recipes that help you build muscle, etc.). What exactly would these recipe ideas do for them?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.