• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Selling a website? Anyone have experiene with this?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by AllOutOrNothing, Sep 15, 2007.

1. AllOutOrNothing

AllOutOrNothing New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $45
    Does anyone have experience with this? How does one decide on a asking price? I looked at around various webmaster forums but i dont think those are the type of buyers are interested in my site.

Im sure the type of website as well as the industry is a big factor. According to the webmaster forums 20 x revenue is usually the standard but these are for low quality sites in soft markets. Im assuming for large markets such as finance,mortgage and big money industries 5 to 10x annual revenue is not unheard of.

Great forum PhxMJ!!!

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,776
    Admin Post
    Depends on industry, revenues, cashflow, type of operations, revenue source, traffic - question really can't be answered without specifics. Valuations are usually referenced via EBITDA X [multiple]. If net earnings yearly are $500K, the company would be valued at $1.5 million based on a multiple of 3. See if you can find out what common multiples are for your industry. I see "under-the-radar" websites selling in the 2-6X range.

3. AllOutOrNothing

Rep Bank:
    $45
    Do you think i can give u some specifics and you can give me a rough evaluation? if i sent u a pm?

Ive been inspired by this site, part of the reason why im thinking of selling in the first place.

4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,776
    Admin Post
    Sure send me the details.

5. aptohosting

aptohosting Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $188
    Hey,

I am pretty experienced in the brokering of websites. I have done a few high priced projects over the last few months, if you want to send me the details I can try and give my input.

Thanks
    Tom

AptoHosting.com

6. Diane Kennedy

Diane Kennedy Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $134
    Tom:

This is something I'm very interested in as well - both for me and for my clients. Is there an online source or book that lays out what is involved in determining value on websites? What's typical market time? Do you broker other people's websites? What is a fee for that?

If there isn't a good reference book or special report out there, maybe there's an area here for you - if you want.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want on any of the above. I'm very interested in providing this resource and info to my community (50K+).

7. aptohosting

aptohosting Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $188
    Ms.Kennedy, you have mail :)

Tom
    www.AptoHosting.com

8. AllOutOrNothing

Rep Bank:
    $45
    Send me a pm as well. I would like details too

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.