The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Selling a website? Anyone have experiene with this?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

AllOutOrNothing

New Contributor
Sep 15, 2007
Does anyone have experience with this? How does one decide on a asking price? I looked at around various webmaster forums but i dont think those are the type of buyers are interested in my site.

Im sure the type of website as well as the industry is a big factor. According to the webmaster forums 20 x revenue is usually the standard but these are for low quality sites in soft markets. Im assuming for large markets such as finance,mortgage and big money industries 5 to 10x annual revenue is not unheard of.

Great forum PhxMJ!!!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Depends on industry, revenues, cashflow, type of operations, revenue source, traffic - question really can't be answered without specifics. Valuations are usually referenced via EBITDA X [multiple]. If net earnings yearly are $500K, the company would be valued at $1.5 million based on a multiple of 3. See if you can find out what common multiples are for your industry. I see "under-the-radar" websites selling in the 2-6X range.

AllOutOrNothing

New Contributor
Sep 15, 2007
Do you think i can give u some specifics and you can give me a rough evaluation? if i sent u a pm?

Ive been inspired by this site, part of the reason why im thinking of selling in the first place.

aptohosting

Contributor
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Hey,

I am pretty experienced in the brokering of websites. I have done a few high priced projects over the last few months, if you want to send me the details I can try and give my input.

Thanks
Tom

AptoHosting.com

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2007
Tom:

This is something I'm very interested in as well - both for me and for my clients. Is there an online source or book that lays out what is involved in determining value on websites? What's typical market time? Do you broker other people's websites? What is a fee for that?

If there isn't a good reference book or special report out there, maybe there's an area here for you - if you want.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want on any of the above. I'm very interested in providing this resource and info to my community (50K+).

aptohosting

Contributor
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Ms.Kennedy, you have mail :)

Tom
www.AptoHosting.com

Tom:

This is something I'm very interested in as well - both for me and for my clients. Is there an online source or book that lays out what is involved in determining value on websites? What's typical market time? Do you broker other people's websites? What is a fee for that?

If there isn't a good reference book or special report out there, maybe there's an area here for you - if you want.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want on any of the above. I'm very interested in providing this resource and info to my community (50K+).

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom