• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! Self-Publishing Resources and Websites

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by Gymjunkie, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Gymjunkie

Gymjunkie Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,435
    No outside website, nor Alexa nor Similarweb can know real traffic to the website. So I don't trust them.. simply because you can't judge traffic without it being tracked.

Also, if book promo site makes most impact through FB groups or email lists, then their traffic doesn't have to be big at all so that's not a thing to do only. It can be small part of research..

mws87 and Lex DeVille like this.
  2. mws87

mws87 talk less, listen more. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,312
    Good to know. I feel quite foolish now, lol. Well, guess I'll stick to stalking their social platforms to see how many likes, retweets, etc. their posts get.

3. Gymjunkie

Gymjunkie Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,435
    Don't be. It's good that you question things and look for tools and use them. Keep doing that. Just don't make these kind of sites the main thing in judging if it works. It's a piece of it. ;)

mws87 likes this.
  4. Nily

Nily Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,008
    Thanks for sharing the list Gymjunkie.

Kristine's blog is incredible. Within 30 minutes I've plowed through six blog posts.

Her insider view of the publishing industry alone is unparallel to anything I have read so far.

Keep rocking bro.

Gymjunkie likes this.
  5. Supa

Supa Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream. Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,612
    A great source of knowledge and insights on fiction writing is the blog on terribleminds.com by Chuck Wendig.

It's more about the writing part of it, though there are still articles on publishing.

Mattie and Gymjunkie like this.
  6. Gymjunkie

Rep Bank:
    $4,435
    Haven't posted in a while but here is another good resource - an article about Kindle Unlimited and it's impact. Talks about KU subscribers, do they buy books, how much they read etc. Good article for general understanding of how things work. Good website in general too read, plenty of otehr good articles:

https://www.writtenwordmedia.com/2017/04/13/kindle-unlimited-subscribers/

Lex DeVille likes this.
  7. Gymjunkie

Rep Bank:
    $4,435
  8. fresh

fresh New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $202
    Gymjunkie, I've recommended your covers to people in the past. Small world...just noticed your signature line. You've got a great look for the gritty/thriller vibe, etc.

9. ExaltedLife

ExaltedLife Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $314
    Awesome.

10. Olie Sins

Olie Sins Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $304
    Wow man, thanks for putting this together.

11. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille The moments that define you have already happened. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $36,938
    How to Advertise & Sell More Books - September, 2018

Haven't finished the article yet. It's a guide. Several useful takeaways for anyone self-publishing. It's not just about paid advertising, but does talk quite a bit about metrics, and calculating ROI on ads for your books.

rogue synthetic likes this.