The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking to change my life.

Arqium

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone, i AM JR, from Brasil, and AM seeking to change my life.
I stumbled at this forum in reddit just when i was most needing it.

I am an Architect and Urbanist, married 35y and have a wife and 4y son, work currently as a liberal professional, as urbanist in my home office, and I hate it.

I have lots of personal issues that i have been treating with psychologists, but one of the worst is apathy, and no sense of reward to anything that I do.

The best way to explain is that I discovered early the abuses of the "script" (i am reading it right now), and i rebeled against it, but without any personal tools to do anything about, i was always lonely and my father was absent, also raised poor and with almost no family to get support from, my graduation was in public universty, that in a way I was lucky enough to get enrolled, to bad that i chose the wrong profession (there is just no jobs for poor architects here). I just don't know how, but i won against the odds and I can say that i am in better position than 90% of other architects in my region, i also had the opportunity to have graduated in one of the best mba courses available for me in my country, but am not doing anything with it right now. Another good thing is that i can speak and read english almost fluently as possible, since i am self taught and have not other persons to talk with in another language. But despite that, the fact is that i am very unhappy with what i do and specially the money (or lack of), that have been slaving me and my soul. I wake from my bed, and go to the computer, and go back to my bed, every day. I am dying. I go through days without talking with another person besides my wife and son.

Recently in therapy i realized that i just cannot continue as I am, I need to do something to get some value of my life, to have the chance to be happy without being slaved by the need of money, and doing something that is literally killing me. I need to work far from my computer, i need to talk to people, or I will be depressed.

So, here I am. I don't know what i gonna do, but i am reading, studying and planning. I hope that in a few years i can talk about a good case here in the forum.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...