The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seducing Latinas, Giving, and Crappy Blogs

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
I'm currently in the process of way too many options. Everything from importing/exporting (inspired by Vigilante) to wanting to get my feet wet simply by hustling craigslist (inspired by RichKid), starting an online business, creating a product, becoming a copywriter.. There seems to be way too many options.

I can't seem to figure out what I'm good at, or which path works best.

However, I want to share with you some interesting things about myself to see if you have any thoughts.

My YouTube Video that Randomly Became Popular
I traveled to South America with a backpack a few summers ago. I had no Spanish knowledge. One of the ways I learned Spanish was to randomly talk to myself for fun.

I posted some wack video of myself 2 years ago and right now I have 57 emails in my inbox of personal messages, etc. get comments all the time (over 500 comments) and have had people ask for my phone number (I've actually talked to a few girls for fun). If you type in "Gringo speaking spanish" my video comes up 2nd to the top (used to be the top)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlVQPgcqhCc&list=UUZo7pvPQqnn6Np7q-YzkgJw&index=7&feature=plcp

I have 118 subscribers from that video alone (all my other videos are pure shit).

I was thinking that since that worked, I should keep making videos and see what happens. I will keep interacting with the people who are commenting and talk to them on the phone.

Then I could possibly see if I could teach them Spanish, sell an eBook, create a website, or something with the fanbase or subscribers to turn into a profit somehow? Maybe the market is too small? Its weird because the viewcount is relatively low (26,000) but I get comments and personal messages every week.

Second Business (not really) Idea
A major mistake I find in myself (and in a lot of other people) is too focused on taking value, on making DA MONEY, and never giving.

I bought the domain consideryourselfloved.com because I was going to start a blog randomly giving and helping people to get over this habit.

My idea is to develop this blog and GIVE value week after week to people. I would be focused and OBSESSED with solving needs, helping people, solving their problems.

I would post real world results and videos of my journey and help others learn how giving can transform their lives. It wouldn't be some eckhart tolle theme but a legitimate site on how to offer value, find needs, etc. It would show how to create lasting relationships, etc.

Possible topics would be
-Not getting what you want? Go give it first!
-How to Connect with a Mentor
-Giving is Not Subservience
-How to win back a business client (have a great story for this)

I feel like this is a problem with a lot of people starting out. People (like myself) who come out demanding that others hold their hand and do the work for them without giving anything in return. Even if the website didn't become popular, by forcing myself to focus on giving value and building RELATIONSHIPS with mentors, if my life was surrounded by those types of people, I can't see success being anything but inevitable.

I have no idea how to make money from that, however. But it could lead me to meet people that would lead to that.

My Interests and Crazy Blog I Started, Defeating Depression, Being Obsessed with Healthy Eating and Exercise
If you really want to get to know me, read the about me page on my blog. I don't even know why I'm sharing this. But here it is.
From Depressed to Success

The blog doesn't offer any value whatsoever to readers, but its there and is a testament to me trying things out. I have about 7 half written blog articles all open in TextEdit in the background at all times.

Here are other interests I have that I am wondering if they could lead to income, or should I say giving value ;)
-I had severe depression, but was able to conquer it (and get off an addicting anti-depressant with severe withdrawals) by eating healthy (similar to Paleo diet) and using supplements.
-Other than business podcasts, I always listen to podcasts about nutrition. Cant seem to stop. I've read a lot of books on the subject as well.
-I work out all the time, ran a marathon once, but personal training and all that is a very saturated market.
-Taught myself Spanish
-Very basic HTML skills
-Snowboard, mountain bike, love motorcycles (but too poor to own one at the moment)
-Some say I'm a good writer, but "some" is friends and family who probably don't want to hurt my feelgoods

Maybe I could use videos or something similar teaching people how to get off antidepressants? Seems like most people with depression either don't have money or could possibly kill themselves using my advice.

Is there a niche in the nutrition department I could conquer? Hang out at paleo forums and try to identify needs? eBook about how to quit your biggest drug addiction (sugar)?

Screw it all and create a product using Tim Ferriss's principles? ;)

I basically need help with a direction. Am I on the right track? Am I a 22 year old who is headed for failure? Can any of this be converted into a business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JWatchdog

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 24, 2011
You remind me of me...Ive wanted and tried to chase all that glitters like gold and my consequences are that Im 26 years old and unemployed with severe depression with failure overfilling the rim of my cup. How did you beat depression?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Find a need. Evaluate that need and a product that solves that need. Can your product or service fit the CENTS? If not, move on. If so, draft it out as best as possible.

The market will tell you the direction you need to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.