The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Security for E-commerce store

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
Hey everyone, hope you're doing well.

My site is powered by Shopify but is highly customized. I am worried about security because of this customization as I already heard people's site get hacked. What platform do you think is the most secure compared to others?

Do you think if I avoid directly customizing the HTML code there is a very low risk to get hacked on Shopify?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
So you hired someone to customize the website or you did it yourself using the Shopify builder?

Also, HTML is very cut and dry, there's nothing about the HTML that you can change that makes it more vulnerable to hackers.

There are plenty of 'apps' that offer security in the Shopify store.

BradD

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 11, 2013
Ottawa
Fwiw, I think people underestimate just how much value there is in leveraging the security in these ecommerce platforms that weren't always available.. On my sites, they were all completely custom, and there's been some sleepless nights as random Russian hackers decide they want to run a SQL injection because you've yet to update to the latest version of PHP. Shopify/BC etc will always be using the latest patches, security, backups etc and this is just one less thing to worry about

Loffinds

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 24, 2017
Everywhere
What did you specifically customize on Shopify?
I'm a Shopify dev, there aren't any holes in the core Shopify platform, but if you installed a bunch of third party apps that's a possible way that your site could be opened up.

Editing HTML/CSS will not open your site to vulnerabilities.
Honestly I've been working with Shopify clients for the past 2 years and I have never heard of a Shopify site being hacked or anything like that.

You are fine most likely.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.