The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Secure Bitcoin Trading Bot

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
why don't you take out a loan for 10k and let your bot trade it?

On a side note; I remember signing up for my first credit card for a free $9 pizza back in college. Not sure if they can do that anymore, but those credit card promoters were some vultures man.. :rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
On a side note; I remember signing up for my first credit card for a free $9 pizza back in college. Not sure if they can do that anymore, but those credit card promoters were some vultures man.. :rofl:
College students will do anything for some free pizza :rofl:

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Just my own personal experiences pumping out the following response:

@James Fend pretty much nailed it. HODL'ers are the big winners here as this ecosystem is so outside of the norm it's not even funny.

I have personally thought about building some software as an early notification system of increases or decreases over certain time periods on exchanges such as Poloniex for short term gain, but for Bitcoin, there is far too much on the FA side of things for a bot to be anywhere near reliable in the current climate. Once institutional investors start coming on board and things begin to stabilize, maybe. But right now, huge risk to run anything automated for BTC. Too much potential risk.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
I'm certainly not willing to pay for a trading bot, but if you want a test case for the forum, I'm willing to throw a thousand or two into GDAX using your platform, leave it there for a few months and report back on the success (or not)...

If you really want to test the bot, it needs to be in all kinds of markets (bullish, bearish, stagnant). In such a bullish market you can write a simple bot to just buy and hold in any (minor) dip and make profit.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
How do you suggest I test the bot in all kinds of markets (other than testing the bot over a long period of time, which is what I volunteered to do)?

That is, of course, the only way to be 100% sure how it will perform; wait for the market to go sideways, down etc...

However, you could get creative and run the bot on large quantities of random test data or on historical data from other trade-able things (FX, stocks, ...). Simulations like these are not perfect, but could help spot potential issues in various market stages.

millerad

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 5, 2017
Gilbert, Arizona
The bot is currently trading about $8k right now. Top algorithm is about 30% over natural bitcoin. Send me a PM with your email if you are interested in a test account. 2 people already have these.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
How'd your bot do with that crash this morning?

millerad

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 5, 2017
Gilbert, Arizona
Update. Bot is still doing great! Trading about 15-20% above natural price of bitcoin. Please send me a message if you would like a 1 month free trial.
aitrader.us

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
@JScott how is doing the bot so far?

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Worst than natural bitcoin rise lol. According to its own website.

thats not so bad as you think, you must know the BOT will trade ups and downs, and BTC just hold and wait was a better strategy then bot trading this time yes, but lets see what happens when BTC goes down.

I'm not using it. The bot owner was only willing to give a month free trial, but a month isn't going to give much information. And I'm not going to pay for a tool that isn't well-tested. If he wants 6-months worth of feedback, I'm happy to invest the $$$ in bitcoin, use the bot and provide feedback...

ok thats makes me curios, why not giving a 6 month trial for a real feedback it would be a win-win and you know that you have solid product out there....

another question @millerad , if your bot fees are 100$ a month with how much fund at least someone should start??

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Many people nowadays are anxious about banks controlling their money and taking large service fees. Bitcoins don't require a bank or a financial institution.Anyone with a little knowledge of computers or using a good smartphone can hold bitcoins.

If crypto currency or this blockchain magic thingy can enable me NOT to pay any taxes (income tax, social security tax, goods tax etc) to the government at all + remove all power from the government, I'm in.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I'm not using it. The bot owner was only willing to give a month free trial, but a month isn't going to give much information. And I'm not going to pay for a tool that isn't well-tested. If he wants 6-months worth of feedback, I'm happy to invest the $$$ in bitcoin, use the bot and provide feedback...

OP would be crazy not to take up this offer.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Originally I was doing the EMA crossover, but I did find that it would lose money in a sideways market.
@millerad, more power to you in your experimentation, and honestly no offense intended, but... if you didn't already know a simple MA-cross algorithm would get killed in a sideways market, then you have not learned the most basic concepts required to have any consistent success in any kind of "trading bot" venture. Finding something that works over a small test period doesn't mean you have any chance of it succeeding in future markets. I say this as someone who has been writing trading bots for almost 30 years, and who traded $10M in client money with my bots back around 2000-2001. Finding successful algorithms has gotten harder and harder in the last several decades, as more and more people throw computers at the markets, to the point that I've given up trying to develop new trading systems.

Maybe you've found something that works in the very inefficient/manipulated Bitcoin market; a market like that has many more trading opportunities than the more-efficient futures and forex markets I work in. So by all means keep experimenting. Keep learning. But understand that the results you see in the future may be very different from what you've seen in the past. Especially in a rapidly-changing market like Bitcoin.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.