The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Screw the SLOWLANE!

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

MONARCH

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 16, 2020
Florida
Hello everybody, my name is Isaac and I'm 19 years old. I am from South Florida and I am currently attending college. *This is subject to change in the very near future.

I read The Millionaire Fastlane a few months ago and it certainly helped to snap me out of my programmed way of thinking. Before reading the book, I was already questioning whether everybody who has been telling me what I should do were right... I naturally question authority and instantly distrust anything mainstream. After internalizing the information provided in the book, I knew I could never be a slowlaner…

The following is a brief summary of events about 6 months prior to when found The Millionaire Fastlane :

Over the summer of 2019 I worked for a friend of a friend who has an interesting outlook on life. He is Vietnam veteran in his 70s who has seen many things in his life. He was a carpenter by trade and was certified in 7 trades total. He was heavily pressuring me to follow in his footsteps and go to trade school. I was intrigued, but not totally convinced. When imagining my future, all I could picture was doing laborious physical labor for the next 50 years, then "retiring" with a broken body and no life left in me to enjoy the time I had left. He was telling me how I do not need college and all I need is a good trade to be successful and have a stable income.
On the contrary to what my boss was telling me, my parents, my friends and society as a whole was telling me that I NEED to go to college to get a degree in (whatever) so I can have a “stable career” and be able to live a modest life and maybe get married and raise a couple of kids in a small middle income town.

I had one major influence telling me to forget college and follow in his footsteps as a tradesman; while on the other hand, I had another major influence, my parents, telling me to follow in their footsteps and become a “professional”.
This caused me immense stress and I eventually caved in and accepted my fate of being your average-Joe, and begrudgingly went off to college to begin my life-long slavery to corporate bureaucracy and a life of mediocrity.

After about 3 months at college, I was fed up with it. I was learning nothing useful and it all seemed to be worthless. I realized that I didn’t want to be a tradesman, nor did I want to spend a decade incurring debt to become a “professional” at something that I don’t even like. That’s what sparked me to search for new and unorthodox life paths. In short, I eventually came across a YouTube video review of The Millionaire Fastlane and decided to pick it up. This book changed my mindset from NPC to main character.

I’ve decided to give online business a try. The Coronavirus situation has served as one of my excuses to delay starting, but I finally said SCREW IT. Today, I filed for my LLC and I’m getting the ball rolling. No more BS-ing and listening to what slowlaners have to say!

Just like driving, I don’t like to be in the slow lane. I like to drive in the Fastlane and get to where I’m going quickly, even if it may appear to be of higher risk…

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MONARCH

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 16, 2020
Florida
Welcome @MONARCH! Good to have you here.

It's not a bad idea, if you like handy-work.

For white-collar jobs, I imagine than overwork there could result in high blood pressures from all the politicking...not much different than having a 'broken body' to retire with.

Anyway, a trade isn't a bad idea as long you have a plan to scale it into a business.

My dad started out studying to be an electrician, but now he's running a fabricating business. He tells me that he does more work networking and sales now, rather than the actual hands-on grind. So you don't have to do one thing forever.

Still, sales and networking has to be done from the get-go. Even in my current freelancing, these two stand out a lot in this C0VlD-19 time. Folks need cashflow, and the common word around is that you've got to find your means of staying afloat.

Grabbed a $700 freelance gig for email copy.

Still haven't got an LLC.

It may be dangerous to do other's projects for them, even though you get paid.:rofl:

Plagiarism can be traced back.

I'm in college now, and one of my current assignments is to do a data dashboard story on C0VlD-19 cases.

To submit, we are to post the entire work on data.world, and let basically the public view and cull for copycats.

An alternative might be paid student mentors or tutors, or selling notes.
Yeah it's true that one can scale a hands-on business like your father did. My prior boss has a friend who is in the tile and granite business. He employs about 50 people and works for the mega-rich. The owner of the business profits about $100k a week. Well, that was before the C0VlD-19 thing, but I can't imagine that the rich will have them stop working on their mega-mansions that they aren't even living in at the moment!

Despite this, I want a business model that allows me to work from anywhere in the world and not have to physically show up to work at a certain place every day. I want to be free to travel as I please and not be tied down to one location for potentially decades. I like the idea of "mini-retirements" that Timothy Ferriss talks about in T4HWW.

Right now I'm at the stage where I know that I don't want to continue college because I don't feel like I'm learning anything useful. I only went for the girls, as I mentioned in my original post. I must figure out which niche I want to delve into and stick with it until I become successful. It's certainly hard to keep a positive mindset went there are so many people saying that what you want to do doesn't work anymore (in the case of dropshipping). Clearly this business model still works for those who actually put in time and effort. Instead of making a makeshift crappy dropshipping store that most do, I plan on building a legitimate brand with high quality products.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
It may be dangerous to do other's projects for them, even though you get paid.:rofl:
I'm in college now, and one of my current assignments is to do a data dashboard story on C0VlD-19 cases.
To submit, we are to post the entire work on data.world, and let basically the public view and cull for copycats.

Well yes and no.
It can be traced back only if the projects dont differ.
And it will be traced only if someone cares to check.
My point was: go help, get paid, learn more than others.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello everybody, my name is Isaac and I'm 19 years old. I am from South Florida and I am currently attending college. *This is subject to change in the very near future.

I read The Millionaire Fastlane a few months ago and it certainly helped to snap me out of my programmed way of thinking. Before reading the book, I was already questioning whether everybody who has been telling me what I should do were right... I naturally question authority and instantly distrust anything mainstream. After internalizing the information provided in the book, I knew I could never be a slowlaner…

The following is a brief summary of events about 6 months prior to when found The Millionaire Fastlane :

Over the summer of 2019 I worked for a friend of a friend who has an interesting outlook on life. He is Vietnam veteran in his 70s who has seen many things in his life. He was a carpenter by trade and was certified in 7 trades total. He was heavily pressuring me to follow in his footsteps and go to trade school. I was intrigued, but not totally convinced. When imagining my future, all I could picture was doing laborious physical labor for the next 50 years, then "retiring" with a broken body and no life left in me to enjoy the time I had left. He was telling me how I do not need college and all I need is a good trade to be successful and have a stable income.
On the contrary to what my boss was telling me, my parents, my friends and society as a whole was telling me that I NEED to go to college to get a degree in (whatever) so I can have a “stable career” and be able to live a modest life and maybe get married and raise a couple of kids in a small middle income town.

I had one major influence telling me to forget college and follow in his footsteps as a tradesman; while on the other hand, I had another major influence, my parents, telling me to follow in their footsteps and become a “professional”.
This caused me immense stress and I eventually caved in and accepted my fate of being your average-Joe, and begrudgingly went off to college to begin my life-long slavery to corporate bureaucracy and a life of mediocrity.

After about 3 months at college, I was fed up with it. I was learning nothing useful and it all seemed to be worthless. I realized that I didn’t want to be a tradesman, nor did I want to spend a decade incurring debt to become a “professional” at something that I don’t even like. That’s what sparked me to search for new and unorthodox life paths. In short, I eventually came across a YouTube video review of The Millionaire Fastlane and decided to pick it up. This book changed my mindset from NPC to main character.

I’ve decided to give online business a try. The Coronavirus situation has served as one of my excuses to delay starting, but I finally said SCREW IT. Today, I filed for my LLC and I’m getting the ball rolling. No more BS-ing and listening to what slowlaners have to say!

Just like driving, I don’t like to be in the slow lane. I like to drive in the Fastlane and get to where I’m going quickly, even if it may appear to be of higher risk…
Hey @MONARCH welcome to the forum.

At 19 you've no idea how much of a head start you have.
However, beware of action faking.
I get why you think that filing for a LLC and "getting the ball rolling" is action taking, but its not.
You dont need a company until you actually find someone to pay you for your service or product.
Instead try looking for a problem to solve, for a skill to improve or simply try and help someone.
You say you are in college, thats good.
Its only a waste of time if you dont learn anything.
I bet that you have alot of lazy colegues that will pay you to do homework for them, a class project, a presentation or what have you.
Thats what I did. I made class projects for my lazy colegues, got paid for it AND improved my skills more than I would have.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome @MONARCH! Good to have you here.

It's not a bad idea, if you like handy-work.

For white-collar jobs, I imagine than overwork there could result in high blood pressures from all the politicking...not much different than having a 'broken body' to retire with.

Anyway, a trade isn't a bad idea as long you have a plan to scale it into a business.

My dad started out studying to be an electrician, but now he's running a fabricating business. He tells me that he does more work networking and sales now, rather than the actual hands-on grind. So you don't have to do one thing forever.

Still, sales and networking has to be done from the get-go. Even in my current freelancing, these two stand out a lot in this C0VlD-19 time. Folks need cashflow, and the common word around is that you've got to find your means of staying afloat.

Today, I filed for my LLC and I’m getting the ball rolling. No more BS-ing and listening to what slowlaners have to say!
Grabbed a $700 freelance gig for email copy.

Still haven't got an LLC.

You say you are in college, thats good.
Its only a waste of time if you dont learn anything.
I bet that you have alot of lazy colegues that will pay you to do homework for them, a class project, a presentation or what have you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...