The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scrapping hobbies

Anything related to matters of the mind

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I can understand you wanting to go all in on your fastlane, but I don't know if sacrificing your guitar playing is a way to do that. I guess it depends on how much you enjoy it!

Playing guitar actually changes the structure of your brain. It:
  • actively develops cross-talk between your hemispheres
  • develops your ability to deal with stress
  • increases your numerical reasoning
  • improves your memory
And it is a great way to unwind after a long day of working on your fastlane. You can improve and enjoy with as little as 30 minutes of practice a day if you really want to. I do about 20 minutes on my technique every day and can play at 12 notes a second pretty comfortably, 18 notes a second if I really sit down with it. So you don't need huge amounts of time to reach high levels, just consistent and structured practice.

As a disclaimer, I'm a guitar teacher and hate seeing people quit (it's always a regret that crops up 10 years down the line...). I also don't have a fastlane (yet), so I don't really understand what it takes to get there, compared to others that have reached that level.

Laughingman21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 7, 2015
I understand your determination, but you need to have some downtime. It's impossible to run at 100% all the time, you just end up getting burnt out.

Even Elon Musk plays computer games to relax and he's famous for working crazy hours.

spirit

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 11, 2019
Law 23 in Robert Greene's The 48 Laws of Power is to "concentrate your forces". My hobby is guitar and I've decided to scrap it until I become Fastlane. Instead, I'll focus on building wealth and bodybuilding (fitness).

Do you advise cutting the fat, so to speak, and focusing entirely on Fastlane goals?

What things did you give up to become Fastlane?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.