The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sales Strategy

Marketing, social media, advertising

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Hi guys,

Its been a while since I updated you all on my progress. At the time I was running a Minecraft server and making a nice income weekly off of that and I continue to do that however I put it on autopilot the last few months so that I could get my final school exams over with. They are out of the way now and I'm ready to go all in and scale up the server along with another business I have started.

At the moment my server gets anything between 15-30 players at peak times and I make enough money to live off at the moment but I want to attract more players so that they can spend more money ingame. As of now I have a server advertisement thread on Minecraft Forums along with PlanetMinecraft two of the biggest fan sites. I also have a skype group of dedicated players of the server and a twitter account however we aren't getting enough new players. Can the members of this forum recommend other ways that they would go about attracting new players or if anyone has done this before I would be interested in hearing how they have done it?

The second business is selling cleaning products for a B2B company online. That company is very successful selling industrial amounts of cleaning products business to business and I am purchasing consumer amounts at wholesale prices (I know the owners) and I'm going to sell it on Ebay and Amazon. I have all the 10 products listed with Ebay as of today and each are done up with custom branding and are very high quality products, I'm still working on the listings with amazon. I may also use Shopify in the future. Anyone here that sells on Ebay or Amazon what are your biggest recommendations when going about this? I need to sell a lot of the product to make enough money so that it is sustainable.

Thanks for the help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlphaWulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Aug 8, 2016
I ran a Minecraft server years ago and there was a plugin that allowed people to claim a bonus for referrals. You could run an in-game campaign and offer some valuables for every referral to encourage players to market your server and bring in extra new people!

Just an idea :)

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I ran a Minecraft server years ago and there was a plugin that allowed people to claim a bonus for referrals. You could run an in-game campaign and offer some valuables for every referral to encourage players to market your server and bring in extra new people!

Just an idea :)

I think you might be refering to the plugin 'Votifier' which rewards players with ingame cash for helping boost the servers ranking on PlanetMinecraft. We have that in operation on the server!

AlphaWulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Aug 8, 2016
I think you might be refering to the plugin 'Votifier' which rewards players with ingame cash for helping boost the servers ranking on PlanetMinecraft. We have that in operation on the server!

A quick google of "Minecraft referral" found this plugin: https://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/referrals/

""Ever wanted to reward players for directing people to your server? see your server empty most of the time? then Referrals is for you! Referrals is a super-configurable plugin that allows you to award players who bring new people to your server.""

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
A quick google of "Minecraft referral" found this plugin: https://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/referrals/

""Ever wanted to reward players for directing people to your server? see your server empty most of the time? then Referrals is for you! Referrals is a super-configurable plugin that allows you to award players who bring new people to your server.""

Thanks for pointing out this plugin it puts a new spin on what we have in place already!

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I'm still looking for advice for selling on Ebay? The ten products have been live on the site for two days now with the most views per product being 5. I have free shipping enabled.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.