The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sales copy from start to finish...

Marketing, social media, advertising

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I am in the process of developing something that is helping people in the personal development market, and I'm starting this thread primarily to share my process from start to finish, and to get feedback from others along the way.

The first few posts will be sloppy, but I want to demonstrate the process

#1 - My intent behind my words and actions.

My goal is to get them the same results I get for 1-on-1 sessions with clients...through a video program. I take them from feeling stuck and confused in what to do all the way into the state of knowing exact what steps they take and the confidence they can get it done.

I won't talk about my 'formula' for getting the results in this thread, because that is kind of the 'secret sauce' behind it...I'm mainly focusing on the sales copy.

I used to do this from an inward focus perspective (If I get GET THEM to sign up for my $1 trial offer, and then charge them $25 per month, I can work them down my funnel.) Inward focus is "what can I get and take".

No.

I think the most important thing I'm doing when I write this sales copy is to have an outward focus and #1 - knowing the product is getting them results and #2 - their lives would be greatly improved by putting my video consultations to use.

I think this confidence in my product being the best thing they will ever come across in their life and my outward focus is the most important place to start from, and the purpose of my copy is not to sell them...but allow them to realize how their lives will benefit from it.

Mistake #1 - Selling the features and not the benefits.

F -
You can remove limiting beliefs, you can learn how to set goals that come true...etc.
...boring

BUT - I am starting off by listing some of the features to know exactly what I am using to help them (this ties with my product.).

What can I do for them?
  • Instantly remove doubt and limiting beliefs.
  • get rid of past emotional trauma that leads to limiting decisions
  • Access any positive state of emotion at any time.
  • Instantly remove any negative emotion.
  • Have a crystal clear vision and alignment of your goals.
  • Be able to effortlessly communicate with any type of person in a way that THEY, build that trust and rapport.
    • This ties into ethical influence & persuasion
  • Set goals that actually come true with a very high success rate.
  • Stop procrastinating and being lazy today.
  • Being able to recognize behavior that won't pay off and allow you to change it instantly so you stop going down the wrong road.
  • Remove any problems and turn it into solutions.
  • Remove junk food cravings in 5 minutes or less.
  • Easily and effortlessly stop bad habits that hold you back from your goals.
  • How to turn negative states of being (procrastination for example) into the TRIGGERS that make you feel motivated.
  • Removing overwhelm, and not feeling stuck.
  • Remove the prospect of failure.
In summary, the ability to be the type of person you want to be, get the things you want to get, and live the type of life you want to live.

....so far what I wrote is pretty boring.

What do the people need?
and what do the people want?
WHO am I writing to?

Who am I writing to?

...time to pinpoint that next.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Who am I writing to?

Who am I communicating with? What goes on in their mind? What goes on in their life? What are they running towards? What are they running away from?

I'm looking for the common themes within a market, and wrapping up all those themes into one person. As I'm writing, I have one person in mind. A young man who emailed me in response to my email newsletter.

He is stuck in a life that does not make him happy.

He sees other people that are confident, in shape, having great relationships, and are happy living their lives, and he is busy comparing himself to them....because he doesn't have any of that.

He has no clue what to do...

He has aspirations of the future, but doubts that they are possible for him. He is lost in what he wants to do, and often times defaults to immediately gratifying things. He drinks or maybe does drugs on the weekends to escape. He is overweight, because he eats fast food and garbage, which drains his energy.

When he wakes up in the morning, he doesn't have the energy to make it through the day so he loads himself up with sugary drinks/caffeine. After getting home from work, he makes excuses not to go to the gym, and he usually takes a nap and then spends the rest of his night on youtube or some website/games.

He doesn't have the confidence or direction to get where he wants to be in life.

He feels trapped in a pattern that he has no escape from, so he is looking for that quick fix. That pickup line, that step-by-step guide, that diet pill.

Instead of running forward towards his goals, he is running away from the pain of rejection and failure - and is waiting for something external to save him.

The actions he needs to take to get to his goals - he often sees them leading to failure because that is all he is used to seeing in his life.

Motivation Strategies
  1. People run away from immediate pain.
  2. People run towards immediate pleasure
We all have a mixture of both, but the people in my market (personal development) seem to be more strongly motivated by running away from pain.

Away from pain:
How can I allow him to realize that by NOT helping himself through what I'm offering, that he will be leading down a road to more pain? And how do my words create enough pain in the moment so that the prospect of NOT acting is so great, that he is motivated to take action on my help.

Towards pleasure:
What does he want? I'm not talking about the features, but what does he want his life to be like? The things he gets, and the person he can become (first objection here - how can I allow him to realize whatever he thinks he is...he is more than that - a friend of mine on skype said to give him a small win..Ill get back to that later.)
  1. He wants the confidence to talk to females.
  2. He wants to be in shape and healthy.
  3. He wants the financial abundance to do and get the things he wants in life.
..still very basic right now, but by identifying who I am writing to - and understanding that the problems he has are similar to a lot of other in the personal dvelopment market - I can make sure the words I'm writing aren't just words on teh screen...but words that move a person to feel emotions and take actions that will help them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
1. Who are you writing for?
2. How do they think?
3. Why is your solution important?
4. Why is it a good deal?
5. Why should they be interested?
6. Why should they trust you?

Then when it comes to writing the letter
1. Get Attention.
2. Identify the problem.
3. Make a promise.
4. Show the benefits.
5. Make your offer.
5. Inject scarcity.
6. Close with a strong CTA.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Deconstructing the sales video on the home page of - https://www.optimonk.com/

Create idea customer character - meet bob
Identifies who the ideal customer is -bob sells shoes online, and he would like to get more customers
Qualifies ideal customer even more - bob has a lot of web visitors on his site.
Identify the pain point that needs to be solved - but 98 out of 100 leave without buying

Introduce the solution - Now, with optimonk - he can recover 10% of those lost visitors.
How does optimonk work?
Powerful language - It's easy!
Feature - how it works - whenever a visitor tries to leave bobs website without buying, optimonk will appear with a very special appealing offer.
Identifies what the customers want, but can't get on their own - because of this offer, some of these visitors will buy immediately.
Identifies another benefit - while others will get the newsletter first, and turn into customers later.
Identifies another benefit - of course bob has their email addresses so he can communicate with them directly, anytime he wants.

Call to action - Try optimonk and see it's incredible power with your own eyes

Text on screen: Try it for 14 days free.

Breaking this down into 3 steps:
  1. Identify where the person is at.
  2. Demonstrate how this product/service...
  3. Gets the person from where they are to where they want to be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.