The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Routines and Planning

Anything related to matters of the mind

Levit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jan 20, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi, everyone!

I'm interested to know how many of you think about planning and routines and how important they are to you. Generally, I have always taken the time to write out my goals and broken them down into smaller tasks, this has always been helpful/motivating to me, but recently I feel that perhaps I over-think and over-plan to the point where it begins to stop me from taking as much action as I'd like.

There is so much I want to achieve, sometimes when I think about breaking it all down, it becomes a little overwhelming. Perhaps I'm trying to do too much.

What techniques, tools and/or principles do you use when trying to sort out plans and make sure you are taking the right actions?

After reading TMF I was personally thinking about reframing my priorities under:
  • Fitness
  • Family
  • Freedom
As those categories made a lot of sense to me in terms of importance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Hey Levit,

Planing is necessary.However, if only thing you do is planing, then there is a problem.

In my opinion, it is your "event" driven mindset that makes you overwhelm.Remember it is your daily decisions, habits and routines what creates your destiny.Every single day you are alive, you must work for it until you achieve your destiny.You can take breaks, but they shouldn't be repulsing you from your destiny.24/7 you should be focusing your energy to create that destiny you desire.

So the bottom line is, you have to take CONSISTENT ACTION to reach your goals.If you just stay at your comfort zone nothing will change.Do you know what the good news is? You have the ability to change.Because your life is belong to you and you own the steering wheel.

The thread in following link have exact step for success

Rant - "Tell me the exact steps" (OK, here are all 35 of them.)

Levit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jan 20, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey Levit,

Planing is necessary.However, if only thing you do is planing, then there is a problem.

In my opinion, it is your "event" driven mindset that makes you overwhelm.Remember it is your daily decisions, habits and routines what creates your destiny.Every single day you are alive, you must work for it until you achieve your destiny.You can take breaks, but they shouldn't be repulsing you from your destiny.24/7 you should be focusing your energy to create that destiny you desire.

So the bottom line is, you have to take CONSISTENT ACTION to reach your goals.If you just stay at your comfort zone nothing will change.Do you know what the good news is? You have the ability to change.Because your life is belong to you and you own the steering wheel.

The thread in following link have exact step for success

Rant - "Tell me the exact steps" (OK, here are all 35 of them.)
Hi Thanks for the response,

I think you're right and I'll definitely take that on board. I've only just finished reading TMF (Which was extremely eye opening) and while I've been running a web development and consulting business for the last year that has been growing and doing well thus far, I know I have a lot to learn and much to change in my approach to business and life in general.

One thing I have realised after reading TMF , with my current business I have been taking totally the wrong approach that on reflection is the thing causing me to not have much of a work/life balance and hence feel like I need to plan everything more effectively, when in truth what I need to do is stop selling my time for money, as currently the only way to increase my income is take on more clients and have less time.

So Thank you for the response and I am now (after some reflection) sure of what I need to do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.