The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rough draft of email

Marketing, social media, advertising

Liveinthemind

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jan 20, 2017
Oregon
Here is what I've come up with the email so far. The idea is to email adventure bloggers and the like and see if any would be interested.

"
It's clear that you think as I do, that the joy of discovery is an absolute essential for a fulfilling life. It's a real pity that so many get so bogged down in the daily grind that that gets forgotten. I'm hoping to help make a difference with My Pack To Yours.

The idea behind my forum is that we make pendants (for now I'm using dog-tags), each one having a unique code, you get the tag and bring it on an adventure, write about it on the forum, then pass it on and watch it travel across the world. For now I'm using a Facebook page, but I will have a proper forum up once it gets off the ground.
I was wondering, would you be interested in getting a tag?
"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here is what I've come up with the email so far. The idea is to email adventure bloggers and the like and see if any would be interested.

"
It's clear that you think as I do, that the joy of discovery is an absolute essential for a fulfilling life. It's a real pity that so many get so bogged down in the daily grind that that gets forgotten. I'm hoping to help make a difference with My Pack To Yours.

The idea behind my forum is that we make pendants (for now I'm using dog-tags), each one having a unique code, you get the tag and bring it on an adventure, write about it on the forum, then pass it on and watch it travel across the world. For now I'm using a Facebook page, but I will have a proper forum up once it gets off the ground.
I was wondering, would you be interested in getting a tag?
"

Your tag will be amongst the first 20 issued, and will be FREE for you as long as you agree to drop in with a post about your travels and eventually give your tag to someone else to continue its journey.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I would drop the "for now"s. As someone in your previous post said you are selling stories, not pendants. So stop talking about pendants and forums, neither exist so they don't care IMO. I am also of the opinion that for this business, dog tags actually make more sense. But that's not a discussion for this thread.

These guys live in the social media space, sharing their story on Facebook is way more attractive than sharing it on a forum.

Make it sound like a business, not an idea.
"My Pack To Yours connects travellers through the adventures, stories and moments they share. You have the opportunity to be one of the first travellers to join us in building this movement ... etc"

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
If this is just a market research, i would personally try to use a friendly tone, as if asking for advice to a friend :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Liveinthemind

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jan 20, 2017
Oregon
Argh, I've had a lifelong problem of not realising how I come across until after I've wasted that precious first impression. This marketing is going to be a hurdle...

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
This marketing is going to be a hurdle...

No it isn't.

Step one is to get 1 single blogger on board. There are literally tens of thousands. You could have a 0.01% conversion rate and still be fine.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.