The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Richard Branson on Disaster Planning

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The celebrated entrepreneur shares advice on preparing your business to deal with an emergency.

More...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 20, 2011
Walsall, UK
Thanks for sharing this Entrepreneur article. It's one of those elements that most business owners don't consider: Emergency Planning.

He's spot on... things do go wrong in business, it's not all plane sailing. I've found Bransons insights and words very useful, inspiring and practical over the years. It's even affected the way I bring up my kids, let alone do business.

As he says...
"Beyond disasters and accidents, as you forge ahead, it's inevitable that you and your team will make mistakes. It is important to recognize this and ensure everyone in the company is prepared."

These day's you come across over the top positive thinking that ignores certain aspects of reality and doesn't prepare you for the real world. And then there's the positive practicalities approach that Branson adopts of being prepared for the worst whilst forging ahead full steam. Love it.

I've also heard that he's doing a talk in London on or around July 2nd. [found the info at NationalAchieversCoupon.com] I attended a talk of his in Canada in 2009 and got so much out of it.

And as he points out in another article about taking chances:
"When you decide to pursue an entrepreneurial venture, you have to confront your doubts and fears; sometimes you just have to go for it."

His balance of view from one side to another is a lesson in life let alone business. Doubts and fears really don't have to hold you back.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.